Notices

Pricing madness continues

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 06:00 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by pongobaz
Yeah but it's an awesome "overpriced CDN car"!
thanks phil, i cant wate to get back and drive her...

99three - I do
Old 06-27-2007, 01:04 AM
99three
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

99three - I do [/QUOTE]

FWIW I have a CDN car too. After searching for close to a year and nearly flying down to Texas I found one about 5 minutes from my work. One owner, full history, local car. I guess I got lucky.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:43 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a really tough call. I believe very strongly in long term relationships with businesses. As an example, when I lived in Vancouver, I used Weissach for 11 years and felt very comfortable with them; I always felt I got great value from that relationship, even if it wasn't always the cheapest route.

In Toronto, I'd like to build a relationship with DFC with the new car. All said, the GT3 would currently be CAD$20k cheaper if brought up from the USA. So is the relationship with DFC worth $20k to me? I think they could make it worthwhile by making the whole experience really special, but so far, it's been pretty mediocre, nothing bad, but nothing special either. To be fair, they haven't had much opportunity to do anything special as the car has yet to arrive. We'll see what it's like when the car arrives.

I feel bad for the dealers as they are losing out without any real fault of their own. PCNA needs to change their pricing policy and the dealers should be pushing back at PCNA rather than pushing back at their future customers.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:59 PM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by fc-racer
This is a really tough call. I believe very strongly in long term relationships with businesses. As an example, when I lived in Vancouver, I used Weissach for 11 years and felt very comfortable with them; I always felt I got great value from that relationship, even if it wasn't always the cheapest route.

In Toronto, I'd like to build a relationship with DFC with the new car. All said, the GT3 would currently be CAD$20k cheaper if brought up from the USA. So is the relationship with DFC worth $20k to me? I think they could make it worthwhile by making the whole experience really special, but so far, it's been pretty mediocre, nothing bad, but nothing special either. To be fair, they haven't had much opportunity to do anything special as the car has yet to arrive. We'll see what it's like when the car arrives.

I feel bad for the dealers as they are losing out without any real fault of their own. PCNA needs to change their pricing policy and the dealers should be pushing back at PCNA rather than pushing back at their future customers.
I received a sizable discount on my TT from DFC (and by sizable, I mean close to half of the $20K that you'll save from buying south of the border). This is only my 2nd car from them, and Pfaff would not budge on MSRP. So, if you plan on sticking with Porsche long term, it may very well be worthwhile to develop a good relationship with DFC. YMMV.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:06 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Does anyone know if anyone from Pfaff or DFC lurks here? Pfaff has been absolutely torn apart here, though for good reason as the various posts point out. A very clear picture is emerging that DFC actually takes customer service seriously, whereas at Pfaff arrogance and pursuit of profit seems to reign supreme.

I'll bet a fuchs (not that anyone at DFC or Pfaff would know what that is...) that Pfaff sells a lot more Cayennes than DFC.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:11 PM
jgdixon
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had a positive experience recently with Pfaff service.
Check my recent thread.
I'll update my post after I pick up the car.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:14 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,142 Likes on 816 Posts

Who knows Christien , but I did see someone openly flaming Pfaff on the Club web site. Some guy was asking about lowering his car and some guy gave a good reply .. wonder if Botho has edited it out yet :-)
Old 06-27-2007, 10:02 PM
peritus
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Wait guys, you're forgetting that the Canadian Porsches come with 4 snow tires (worth about $6,000 each)... don't they.

BTW, Ruby is Flordanian.
Attached Images  
Old 06-28-2007, 12:17 AM
Christien
Race Car

Originally Posted by theiceman
Who knows Christien , but I did see someone openly flaming Pfaff on the Club web site. Some guy was asking about lowering his car and some guy gave a good reply .. wonder if Botho has edited it out yet :-)
Nope, it's still there, but it's in their tech forum, which doesn't get the same traffic as the general forum. In fact, I'm not sure why UCR or PCA National bother with tech forums - you get more and faster answers here and at Pelican. Could you imagine writing to Panorama with a tech question, then waiting for it to be published to get an answer? Man, you'd never get to drive!
Old 06-28-2007, 10:44 AM
Inrev
Burning Brakes

Received 152 Likes on 74 Posts

So who can take care of all the worries of crossing the border and taking care of paperwork for me?
Old 06-28-2007, 11:09 AM
Christien
Race Car

Most shipping companies will provide the brokerage service for between $200 and $500 and then you can either pick it up at the CDN customs house parking lot, or they'll continue shipping right to your door. Depening on where you live and how far the nearest border crossing is (and remember, not all border crossing allow the import/export of vehicles - check with CBSA first) it might be worth it to pay the extra fee. But you'll still have to line up most of the paperwork yourself. If you're within an hour of the border, I'd say go do it yourself, it's not that big of a hassle. Though you'll have to take time off work - the border crossing near here only allows cars to be exported between M-F 8am and 4pm (if memory serves).
Old 06-28-2007, 12:28 PM
cleanme
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Inrev
So who can take care of all the worries of crossing the border and taking care of paperwork for me?
I bought my car off Ebay (never thought possible) and the dealer arranged transport and the transport company takes care of the border charges but when I picked it up and swiped my Visa on the truck's machine for Duty I think sirens and whistles must off went off! In about 30s I received calls on my Cell, Blackberry, House, Work! It was a bad month for my credit card statement with my son buying all this 'stuff'.

But like others said take two days off because the MTO is painful, I was fortunate that I had my own dealer plate so I could drive the car to and from MTO, Pfaff, Cdn. Tire etc.

As for Pfaff, I can't say enough for the great service I receive. Simply top notch and above and beyond what I would ask for. Three exemplary gentleman:

Jamie Taylor - Sales, Extremely smart guy, knows a LOT about Porsche, very personable and stand up guy.

Jimmy Valletis(spelling!?) - Service Advisor, great young guy, done me a lot of favours

Alex Duma - Tech., brilliant tech, he does all my car's work, a real eye for perfection and takes time to show my son the cars that are currently in the shop-stuff they're doing etc, great guy

I can't say enough about those three guys.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:45 PM
YYC930
Three Wheelin'

Franchised dealers generate more money off the parts and service, than they do on the one time delivery of a vehicle, when caculated over a 2-3 year period. Owners loyal to a dealer's service department tend to purchase from the dealer's new car showroom. It is a win-win for them if they handle owners of US cars on par with those of CDN ones. It is all about growing and retaining your client base........not pissing it off.

The dealer here in Calgary "gets it" and looks after everyone the same.......which is what you should be seeing everywhere IMHO.

Quick Reply: Pricing madness continues