Notices

BRG88 Mosport Days

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 02:10 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Good point.

I had a chance to put my "track learning" to test a week or so ago, on the 403 at night (in the 911), a rabbit ran out in front of me, and I instinctively swerved to avoid it. Had I really internalized what I've learned at the track, I could have avoided it just as well but much more safely, in a more controlled manner. So quadruple the surprise factor coming around a corner and seeing a burning car, and you're right.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:14 PM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just want to add that for all the PCA bashing... I also met some GREAT drivers at PCA DEs who where a HUGE help. Uli Furtmair and Karl Thompson are two of them that helped alot...

I have a great story about Uli I will share with you guys one day over drinks or at a GTG...

cheers,
Patrick
Old 05-02-2007, 02:34 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PPo
I just want to add that for all the PCA bashing... I also met some GREAT drivers at PCA DEs who where a HUGE help. Uli Furtmair and Karl Thompson are two of them that helped alot...

I have a great story about Uli I will share with you guys one day over drinks or at a GTG...

cheers,
Patrick
hope they used a condom
Old 05-02-2007, 02:41 PM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NOBLEGT3
hope they used a condom
After you showed them how to ride bareback they insisted on not using them...

...but seriously, those guys can drive and will not give you attitude.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:51 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 531 Likes on 399 Posts

It is so nice to see everyone on this post getting along so well! It was looking like popcorn material a page or 2 back.
how about a little arguing as to who knows more.
by the way Noble how do you know how many accidents at Dexter and PCA? I thought you don't want anybody keeping track? and the fire extinguisher was described to me to be used if trapped in the car and on fire...that does make sense. or you could always use it on your instructor if he is pissing you off yelling at you.
is BRG 88 the most recommended by you guys? I am thinking of going as PCA takes up the whole weekend for limited track time (now with the family competing with the track). plus I think they serve lunch!
Old 05-02-2007, 04:56 PM
Christien
Race Car

Patrick, I agree - I've come across some pretty awesome instructors in UCR. Some better than others, of course, but generally the calibre's been pretty high. Only one or 2 bad.

Danny, AFAIK this past weekend was BRG's first open event. Someone told me they'd done test and tune days there over the last year or 2, but it was just for their racing team. So I don't know if it's the overall recommendation, but I'd absolutely recommend them. Though I do think PCA is also really good for newbies, despite the limited track time. It's really easy for someone to first get involved through them, with no intimidation whatsoever.

And yes, BRG serves lunch They had coffee and criossants and danishes in the morning, a full hot lunch at noon (chicken, lasagna, salad and sweets for dessert) and beer and chips after the track closed. All included in the registration fee (though it's $25 for guests, to cover food/drink costs) And of course lots of water all day.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:01 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,131 Likes on 809 Posts

c'mon Noble your up ...
Old 05-02-2007, 05:09 PM
Christien
Race Car

By the way, another advantage of PCA for newbies is the relatively lower entry fees. $300 gets you in for the whole weekend, so it's not so much of a cash outlay. Of course you don't get the track time you'd get with other groups, but like I said, a good way to get your feet wet.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:29 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by Turbodan
It is so nice to see everyone on this post getting along so well! It was looking like popcorn material a page or 2 back.
how about a little arguing as to who knows more.
by the way Noble how do you know how many accidents at Dexter and PCA? I thought you don't want anybody keeping track? and the fire extinguisher was described to me to be used if trapped in the car and on fire...that does make sense. or you could always use it on your instructor if he is pissing you off yelling at you.
is BRG 88 the most recommended by you guys? I am thinking of going as PCA takes up the whole weekend for limited track time (now with the family competing with the track). plus I think they serve lunch!
i know there are less incidents at dexter than PCA from 2 things....experience and the people who run both have told me and posted here regarding the stats. i would love to see the crash where you are trapped ,burning and can reach a fire extinguisher while strapped in...if you are trapped and cant get out with no nomex..guess what you are ****ed with nomex a little more time but the fire if big enough will eat all the oxygen and kill you anyway....wouldnt it make more sense to make people wear nomex?? i wear it
Old 05-02-2007, 06:30 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by theiceman
c'mon Noble your up ...
how can you see in my pants from there??
Old 05-02-2007, 06:33 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by PPo
After you showed them how to ride bareback they insisted on not using them...

...but seriously, those guys can drive and will not give you attitude.
if you can ride bareback you get ladies like this.....
Old 05-02-2007, 07:00 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

HTML Code:
how can you see in my pants from there??

ah man .. I think I just got hit by a stray bullet...
Old 05-02-2007, 08:06 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

The girls on them aren't too bad either ....
Old 05-02-2007, 08:11 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by theiceman
The girls on them aren't too bad either ....
took you 2 posts to think that up...you suck
Old 05-03-2007, 08:53 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

wrong..

Quick Reply: BRG88 Mosport Days