Notices

Road Trip To Gatineau May 12th, any porsche's wanna tag along?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 02:20 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Sounds like an awesome trip! That sucks with the cops, though. Really annoying.

No offence to your buddies, but those Nissans look ridiculous next the 996 and the Cooper. They seem to say "hey, can we play too?"

That's a great shot of your car in front of the parliament buildings! I love the lighting.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:24 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's some more:

Old 05-23-2007, 04:34 PM
DANdeMAN
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talke about delay and arrasment

What counts is that you had a good time in the Gatineau hills...

On a side note; did you get eaten by the little black flies in the park?
Old 05-23-2007, 04:47 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

negative. we camped out initial D style.
sleeping bags in the cars as it still got reasonably cold in the park and non of us brought tents.

despite bob having the low budget pickup..he was prolly the most comfortable because he could just sleep in the bed of the truck lol.

so now i have some first hand reports on the gt3 seats "longterm": they're comfortable enough 2 drive 400kms sleep in them overnight and drive another 500 kms
Old 05-27-2007, 03:30 PM
baldheadracing
Instructor

The traffic in stolen cars heading towards Montreal/Ottawa is pretty amazing. I realize it feels like harassment, but I've been to Ste-Eustache twice in the past two years, and both times participant's vehicles were stolen. According to police, the MO is to pick cars on the highway, follow the cars, and steal the cars at on-highway rest stops or hotel parking lots. It appears that the only effective defense (besides a dog) is a tracking device. Now, when there is significant Ontario presence at a Québec event, e.g., a racing school at Ste-Eustache, we get the event hotel to put on 24-hour security in a specific section of the lot - that every hotel will do this without question tells you something about the severity of the situation.

Obviously in your case there was a mix-up that contributed to the quantity of OPP involved. If it wasn't a mix-up on the plate and it was your car that was stolen, wouldn't you be happy?

BTW, it isn't a chop shop that is the destination for most of the high-end cars - it is a container that will be shipped out.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:35 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

yeah i can't blame em for keeping a Vigilant eye out and i dont think i made it clear from my original post that I hold no grudge against the OPP. The officers were co-operative and the only thing lost was time, which is better than being given a bunch of tickets for mods (hint hint...MTO...YORK...PEEL).

btw Craig...read your story in provinz..great write up!
Old 05-27-2007, 04:35 PM
baldheadracing
Instructor

Thanks for the compliment about the write-up. Surprisingly (to me), there has been negative (and positive) feedback about the article. I have to get a thicker skin.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:39 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

complains about what? it wasn't offensive..you didn't bash anyone...there was glowing praise for the event organizers and you're not a professional writter so the only thing that could be critisized is the writting style/narrative but that wouldn't be fair since neither you nor I nor most of the PCA members write for a living.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:38 PM
baldheadracing
Instructor

Without getting into details, I guess there are people who like to b*tch and whine about stuff. MHO is in a volunteer club one shouldn't b*tch and whine unless one is willing to step up and do something about it.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:57 PM
birsubviv
1st Gear

Hello everyone. Nice to meet you all

Installing electric radiant floor heating systems - Hydronic underfloor heat cost - In and under floors heated flooring

Quick Reply: Road Trip To Gatineau May 12th, any porsche's wanna tag along?