Notices

Want to borrow/buy: Flywheel bolt removal tool

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 06:29 PM
coldstart
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to borrow/buy: Flywheel bolt removal tool

I've dropped my engine and tranny in my 72 911T (see my pelican post for pics) and figured 'while I'm in there' I might as well replace the clutch. However, I'm missing the flywheel bolt removal tool I want to do the work this week or weekend but a shipment from the States will likely take more than 3 days.

This is the 12-star socket attachment.

Anyone got one in the GTA I can borrow for a few hours?
Old 04-23-2007, 07:00 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,155 Likes on 827 Posts

This is a "triple square"
nothing special about it , I got mine at parts source but just about any tool place should carry it. As with anything else buy the highest quality one you can find.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:34 PM
PPo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can get these at Canadian Tire... Look for the red "Lisle" section... comes in a pack of three. You slide this version into a socket...

I strongly suggest you get the proper size Snap-On or similar if you are good at keeping your tools. Call your local Snap-On guy (check the yellow pages) and ask him to drive by your house and drop it off. Oh, don't forget to have a pile of $$$$ ready for him...

Hope this helps,
Patrick
Old 04-23-2007, 11:00 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,155 Likes on 827 Posts

I didn't like the Lisle one because it was awful long. if you can find a shorter one grab it , the longer one will work but more chance of slipping.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:29 PM
Mark Lue
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PPo
You can get these at Canadian Tire... Look for the red "Lisle" section... comes in a pack of three. You slide this version into a socket...

I strongly suggest you get the proper size Snap-On or similar if you are good at keeping your tools. Call your local Snap-On guy (check the yellow pages) and ask him to drive by your house and drop it off. Oh, don't forget to have a pile of $$$$ ready for him...

Hope this helps,
Patrick
Canadian Tire also carry the Powerbuilt 4 piece Internal Wrench Set #648599, contains 6mm, 8mm, 10mm 12mm Tripple Square tools. Canadian Tire part#25-3224-2, price $11.99CA.

I doubt that they are Snap-On tool quality, the whole package cost less than what Snap-On Tools wants for just one piece.

Make sure you "wake up the bolts" and the bolt heads are clean before attempting to loosen the bolts.

Quick Reply: Want to borrow/buy: Flywheel bolt removal tool