Notices

NA

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 11:43 AM
turboGary
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NOBLEGT3
maybe i should do a track day and invite guys who havent been as a gesture of goodwill...have you been to the track?
that would be a gesture I would even show up for. I've been to the track lots on my bike but never a car which I know would be a totally different story. I do need it as I have been known to use on/off ramps to do four wheel drifting and it's no the place for it. I'd hate to hit a gaurd rail....

The company I work for has stakes in Dunville. I'm going to ask if I could arrange for something for us for a half day or something at a very reduced rate.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:02 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Gary, check Omar's thread on the track day at Dunnville next month - can't get much more discounted than $75, or 2 days for $30 each.

Jake, Noble is definitely not the classiest or most polite guy around here, and gawd knows I disagree with him as much as agree, but in this case I'm in 100% agreement. Why the hell shouldn't he or anyone be judgmental about your posting ridiculous activities on city streets on a public forum? It takes zero ***** to go fast in a straight line on a city street, just a whole ****load of stupidity. Like someone said, when you're cresting the blind entrace to turn 2 in the rain and the back end starts to get slippery, but you still keep your foot down, that's *****. (or in my case, maybe luck... Sure scared the hell out of me.)

Seriously, take it to the track.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:15 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Christien
Gary, check Omar's thread on the track day at Dunnville next month - can't get much more discounted than $75, or 2 days for $30 each.

Jake, Noble is definitely not the classiest or most polite guy around here, and gawd knows I disagree with him as much as agree. but im in love with him and he wont return my calls.maybe its my tiny *****
huh??
Old 03-26-2007, 12:16 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by turboGary
that would be a gesture I would even show up for. I've been to the track lots on my bike but never a car which I know would be a totally different story. I do need it as I have been known to use on/off ramps to do four wheel drifting and it's no the place for it. I'd hate to hit a gaurd rail....

The company I work for has stakes in Dunville. I'm going to ask if I could arrange for something for us for a half day or something at a very reduced rate.
allright...i will offer to pay on april 14th for anyone to come to the track who has never attended
Old 03-26-2007, 01:09 PM
Christien
Race Car

maybe its my tiny *****
Naw, it's just your bad grammar.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:39 PM
Jake Ok
Burning Brakes

One bad apple truly spoils the barrel. You're like some kind of parricide, need some Javex to watch that mouth of yours. You know who I'm talking about.

FYI: I tried to erased the post to stop the smell of unpleasant odor
Old 03-26-2007, 01:46 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

allright...i will offer to pay on april 14th for anyone to come to the track who has never attended
are you serious?
Old 03-26-2007, 02:55 PM
turboGary
Racer

Originally Posted by Christien

I think I will. Good rainfall today to wash away salt.... one month from now roads will be mint! If I go I won't be pushing it like I would in a cheap car... to much at risk if I go off. I'm worried about someone smacking into me more than going of track though.

It's different when you drive with outhers frequently than strangers, you get to know each other's habits and lines. I ride witha buddy frequently at Mosport and we know what the other is going to do from riding for 20yrs together. We've gone through corners side by side almost touching without and fear of mishap.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:02 PM
Christien
Race Car

Well, if I'm not mistaken, there won't be much traffic near you. It's limited in #s, and as I understand Dunnville's somewhat similar to TMP (I've driven TMP but not Dunnville). With a no passing rule and limited cars, you've usually got plenty of track to yourself, no matter how fast or slow you're going. Run-off room at TMP is huge - it's like Shannonville. Except for the last corner where there's concrete for pit lane, you can run off and the worst damage you'd do would be the odd stone chip. In fact, I'd say these are the tracks where, if anywhere, you SHOULD push it, simply because of the safety factor. If there's any place I'd feel safe in truly exploring the limits of my car, that'd be the place. When I was at TMP back in the fall there was a yellow M3 that seemed to spin out in turn 2 almost every other lap! He'd just wait for any traffic to pass and get right back on the track, no problems at all, except a dirty car.

Lots of rain today, 4 days till the insurance goes back on the car for the summer!!!
Old 03-26-2007, 03:06 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

...anything to get you to realise the track is where to do this not the street. if your ego can handle more people passing you in cars with much less power than yours.
let me know..
Another place for P-car owners with big egos to go and have their egos smashed is at an autox. Not a PCA autox, but a regular CACC/SCCA autox. There you'll find a really great driver in a little beater car that cost $3000 who can crush the "poser" P-car driver at will.

Noble, you're doing a great thing with this offer of yours. My only way onto a local track is by spending $225 with the Porsche club for a day long event. I'm doing that in May, btw. The rest of the time I'm entering about 20 autox sessions this summer, trying to improve my skills. Don't worry, I don't do street racing sh*t, that's for idiots. Enough innocent people have died around here due to those morons.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:36 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by Jake Ok
One bad apple truly spoils the barrel. You're like some kind of parricide, need some Javex to watch that mouth of yours. You know who I'm talking about.

yes i am , sign up for april 14th and if you havent been to the track before i will pay
Old 03-26-2007, 07:37 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by Jake Ok

are you accepting my offer of the free track day or not? or are you just going to drive around hoping someone notices you and the car that gives you class?
oh and speaking of grade 5 english Its wash not watch and its parasite not parricide...or did you mean you like a PAIR of ***** on each SIDE of your mouth? pass the javex!!
Old 03-26-2007, 07:38 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by turboGary
I think I will. Good rainfall today to wash away salt.... one month from now roads will be mint! If I go I won't be pushing it like I would in a cheap car... to much at risk if I go off. I'm worried about someone smacking into me more than going of track though.

It's different when you drive with outhers frequently than strangers, you get to know each other's habits and lines. I ride witha buddy frequently at Mosport and we know what the other is going to do from riding for 20yrs together. We've gone through corners side by side almost touching without and fear of mishap.
*****..cough...*****.....cmon cut the crap...go or dont go but puhleez
Old 03-26-2007, 07:46 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

la la la
Old 03-26-2007, 08:06 PM
trickydisco
Burning Brakes

la la la