Notices

Calabogie's permanent!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 04:05 PM
brucegre
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NOBLEGT3
and mike...please hire me to drive it so at least the car looks fast sometimes....are you sponsored by depends?

www.depend.com
Ahh, Calabogie smackdown - Mike, you're not going to take that are you?

BTW, Jason, best lap so far is a 1:17 and change, the track is much straighter now, if you know what I mean.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:36 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brucegre
Ahh, Calabogie smackdown - Mike, you're not going to take that are you?

BTW, Jason, best lap so far is a 1:17 and change, the track is much straighter now, if you know what I mean.

what car did a 1.17?
Old 02-09-2007, 06:58 PM
brucegre
Banned

Me, in my Black GT3 - once. If you remember the discussion we were having about swoopy S's vs tightening things up, without sharing ALL my secrets, swoopy's smooth, but it ain't fast.

There's a new vid up on the website of a 2:20, we got a 2:18 on video the same day, but it didn't show the track as well as this one, although I will post it eventually since I get pretty sideways coming out of the quarry. BTW, this was something like Nov 25th, about 6-8 C, really worn MPSC's which had phenomenal grip and monster hp due to the cold air. Great conditions.

Can't wait to see the GT or whatever other monster you decide to bring next time, should be fun.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:28 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Me, in my Black GT3 - once. If you remember the discussion we were having about swoopy S's vs tightening things up, without sharing ALL my secrets, swoopy's smooth, but it ain't fast.

There's a new vid up on the website of a 2:20, we got a 2:18 on video the same day, but it didn't show the track as well as this one, although I will post it eventually since I get pretty sideways coming out of the quarry. BTW, this was something like Nov 25th, about 6-8 C, really worn MPSC's which had phenomenal grip and monster hp due to the cold air. Great conditions.

Can't wait to see the GT or whatever other monster you decide to bring next time, should be fun.
straight and over curbs is the fast way im sure. so you mean 2:17 not 1:17??
ford gt maybe but lotus exige S is looking good too. its almost 2 seconds faster than stock 996GT3 on top gear test track and just hit canada.

http://www.topgear.com/content/tgonb...times/thestig/
Old 02-09-2007, 10:52 PM
brucegre
Banned

Oops - I understand now, yes 2:17, a 1:17 would be in a fighter jet or something. Damn, does that keyboard ever make me fast. Maybe I should give up driving and just write about how good I am ...

And, if you show up with an Exige, can I drove it?
Old 02-09-2007, 10:57 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 222 Likes on 111 Posts

1:17 I was thinking helicopter
Old 02-09-2007, 11:00 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Oops - I understand now, yes 2:17, a 1:17 would be in a fighter jet or something. Damn, does that keyboard ever make me fast. Maybe I should give up driving and just write about how good I am ...

And, if you show up with an Exige, can I drove it?
of course..if i show up with an F1 car you can drive it my friend.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:13 PM
rideau
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Congratulations Bruce
I registered on your web site several years ago and re-registered last fall to receive updates and information on events...I have yet to receive anything.
As I spend my summers within a reasonable distance to you, I'd really like to take advantage of what Calabogie has to offer....if only I knew!!
Again congratulations....a lesson in determination to us all.
Regards
Ian
Old 02-14-2007, 10:09 AM
brucegre
Banned

Ian, apologies that we have not gotten back to you, we need to get that system a little more "timely". Bear with us as we go through our first year of full operations, we're trying to work out with the various clubs who wants their events posted publicly vs. who wants to keep it to the membership.

But - now you know where I am, you can always ask directly. Use the email link here, I'm not on often enough for PM to be anything other than frustrating.

Cheers

Quick Reply: Calabogie's permanent!