Notices

Winter Go Kart GTG

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 06:28 PM
PG993
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys.

I was passing by Grandprixkartways this afternoon with some time on my hands so I dropped in. It was well worth the effort and I got some more info. I was greated by a cute young lady and she gave me a nice tour of the place which is clean and classy. She then handed me over to a track guy and he set me up with 10 min test drive with no one else on the track.

The track is 1/4 mile and laps are about 25-26 seconds. Track was bumpy but It had plenty of grip and nowhere near as loose as the last track. The electric cars are very different from the gas karts. The incredible torque is probably the most notable difference. It enables you to power through turns with precise control. You can add throtle in a turn and the kart reacts immediatly unlike the gas karts that have lag on acceleration. The karts are governed wirelessly. The operators can even impart 5 sec penalties to drivers that are not playing nice by reducing the power of a particular kart during the race. The karts are set to one of 2 max speed restrictions, 30km/h or 44km/h I tried both and there is a considerable difference on the track. At the higher setting much of what you want to do in your P-car at mosport but wouldn't dare is possible on this track.

The printout at the end is detailed. You get lots of info including every single lap's time and the karts place at every lap, average total lap time and total avg speed. You also get a nice time vs lap graph showing your lap times which makes it very easy to check your progress.

I asked about the on board digital diplays and he said they will be installed soon.

I also asked about power equality of the karts and he said that the karts are capable of regulating the power as a function of drivers weight. I wasn't listening when he was explaining how its done since I was strapped up ready to go but it sounded impressive.

The only complaint I have is with the seating potition. Although the seat was adjustable I could not get it far back enough and felt ackward (I'm 5 11). The seat belts also did not hold me in tight at all and I was constantly using the steering wheel to keep me seated in potition. My arms were killing me after only 10 minutes.

This think this would be a great track for us to try. They said Monday and Tuesdy nights slow.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:40 PM
AM993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Great report Paul. Me really want to go now!
Old 02-03-2007, 03:11 PM
Mark Lue
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great report Paul!

I went on Thursday night at 7:00 to check it out, the track was reserved for a group until 9:30PM so I wasn't able give it a go. Everything was impressive but there was no one there to talk to me about the group event I was told to try calling during the day. I will try again on Monday or Tuesday, hopefully I can make it out.

I will try booking a time on a Monday night for our next Go Kart GTG, everyone still have the chance to go out and get used to the track.

Hmm... as I recalled there was an offer of a lap dance to the winner.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:02 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 497 Likes on 356 Posts

What do you really think I'm going to dance around the track for a lap after I whup yer butt.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:02 AM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you're welcome

Quick Reply: Winter Go Kart GTG