Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Plus $100 A/C excise tax...........
Old 09-25-2006, 10:18 PM
ANDREW_D.
Advanced

Smile

Hi. I bought 5 cars on ebay from the US. over the last 3 years. Much better choice than whats available here. After one or two you get used to the BS of going thru the licencing pr.ocess with RIV. 95 993 cabrio from florida - great car, low milage(they dont drive them much down there,zero rust.a keeper. 87 944 turbo, from NY. private buyer somewhat misrepresented needed to come apart anyway,will be drivers ed hotrod. 97 BMW 318ti from texas wholesaler Needed to fix front oil seal beware Texas heat. several other issues needed addressing. (I do my own work but watch buying from wholesalers cheap price, there may be reasons why) 97 Landcruiser N Florida, dealer- just as represented great car( also leaking front oil seal,?heat) o4 vw touareg mint low milage, better than represented from Palm Beach Lexus, great dealer even came with a full tank of gas. Less ons learned, suspect wholsalers, think carefully about private sellers, be very aware of feedback. bad feedback walk away no matter how good the deal sounds. Above all have fun. Andy
Old 09-29-2006, 12:11 AM
STAR57
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by YYC930
Plus $100 A/C excise tax...........
Keith...you are right, however, its up to the discretion of the Customs Officer, my Dentist just imported a brand new BMW bike and they did not charge him duty.
When I imported mine I had a bunch of other crap and the officer just said " you paid enough duty and taxes today" the other officer sent me back twice across the road in Bufallo to pay for the other stuff, and all I paid was the taxes and duty on Silver Bullett.
Is this a good place or what...
If you dont know the buyer....FOLLOW KEITH's ADVICE !!!, if you dont you will be sorry!!!

Why do you think they are selling on Ebay...Dhoa!!
Old 09-29-2006, 12:20 AM
s-spiff
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by YYC930
Yes it does AFAIK......if they are not of US/CAN manufacture.

Did you just import your 911 SC recently and were not charged duty ? I am asking because I have never heard this before.
I imported my SC last year and when I enquired beforehand, Canada customs said no duty on 20 years or older. I had to check a few times because not all the guys knew, but when they looked it up, that was the case. I didn't get charged duty on mine, just taxes plus excise. No RIV fee either...
Old 09-29-2006, 01:28 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 407 Posts

was the excise tax 6.1%? because I think that is what Keith is calling duty. I believe you also pay the pst, gst and air cond. tax.
By the way, the fax of form 1 from Canada customs to RIV for my car got lost so I had to wait an extra day, I realized this by calling RIV to fax me form 2 on the eighth day. thanx for the suggestion Keith.
Turbodan
I am hoping to put plates on my car tomorrow!
Old 09-29-2006, 02:01 PM
YYC930
Three Wheelin'

turbodan.....

I had a couple lost last week as well.....can you believe it ? I was calling everyday and it took them a week to get it sorted.

Drove me nuts, and that reminds me......I've actually gotta call them for a form 2 right now......LOL !!!

Quick Reply: Duty on Imports and Buying on eBay