Notices

The Official Canadian Spotted Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 12:31 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 288 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by AllanH
After driving with snows for 10 years, I wouldn't be without. Its not just snow. The compound is much more sure footed when it is cold. For a thousand bucks over 5 years? It also allows your regular tires to last much longer.
^^^ This. Plus it allows you to increase your rim collection!
Old 12-15-2016, 08:35 PM
MisterYe
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LastMezger
Sad thing is that it looks like the lexus plowed into him.
Heard it made it on RL, figure I should share the story.

Here goes:
  • Car sat at parents while I was away on vacation, so it was left on summers
  • Car just swapped into winters at my parents so that I can move it back to my own place when its nicer out
  • This was just 2 minutes from home, and another minute away from the gas station I needed to get to
  • It hasn't even started snowing terribly yet; can tell from the accumulated snow
  • Inattentive driver slammed on brakes and panic-swerved into my lane to avoid another car that was at the stop sign
  • About a years worth of F-bombs were dropped
  • Driver was an asian female who just got her G2 back in October
  • I f*cking hate the idiot drivers we have in Markham
Old 12-15-2016, 09:51 PM
user 723923490
Banned

Received 121 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by bunnn

Here goes:
  • Car just swapped into winters at my parents so that I can move it back to my own place when its nicer out
  • This was just 2 minutes from home, and another minute away from the gas station I needed to get to
  • It hasn't even started snowing terribly yet; can tell from the accumulated snow
  • Inattentive driver slammed on brakes and panic-swerved into my lane to avoid another car that was at the stop sign
Markham. Explains it all. Sorry dude.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:59 PM
vern1
Drifting

Received 104 Likes on 70 Posts

After driving with snows for 10 years, I wouldn't be without. Its not just snow. The compound is much more sure footed when it is cold. For a thousand bucks over 5 years? It also allows your regular tires to last much longer.
Agree 100%

All seasons are pretty useless as demonstrated today when it snowed like 4" in about an hour and I had 4 cars backed up on a hill on my way home. Anyone with actual snow tires got by no problem

I believe there is a higher incidence of accidents in the summer than winter. People "generally" drive more cautiously in the winter. Its people like my idiot brother in law who say that all seasons are fine for him because "i am such a better driver than any one else"
Old 12-16-2016, 12:24 AM
Pags993
Drifting

Received 138 Likes on 69 Posts

You can get by on all season tires and do just fine but all season tires are not all the same compound / tread pattern etc.

Having worked for a global manufacturer for 8 years the reality is the average vehicle comes off the line riding on crap! OEM's use their RFQ buying power to drive down costs to the point that suppliers are forced to provide inferior rubber compounds and tread designs to realize any type of profit on the contracts.

The hope is that the trade up occurs when you stick to the same brand on the replacements but jump up the ladder expense wise on the superior model vs the factory installed tire.
Old 12-16-2016, 02:06 AM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 532 Likes on 317 Posts

yup + yup + yup!

Originally Posted by aviography
This is one of the reasons I put my P car away for the winter, so that I don't get run into by these morons driving beyond their ability and probably on "no-season" tires.
I cant stomach the thought of driving my car in the snow.
Snows should be mandatory in ON
Old 12-16-2016, 02:07 AM
myw
Nordschleife Master

damn , so sorry man.

is this your 2nd gt4 that has been in a collision???

Here goes:

Last edited by myw; 12-16-2016 at 02:29 AM.
Old 12-16-2016, 10:41 AM
docdrs
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Here goes:
I feel for you .........why why why could she not have slammed the other vehicle
Old 12-16-2016, 11:14 AM
Vise
Drifting

Received 313 Likes on 191 Posts

So sorry to hear dude, hope it gets fixed up better than new ASAP.

Originally Posted by myw
is this your 2nd gt4 that has been in a collision???
Same car, second accident.
Old 12-16-2016, 12:17 PM
MisterYe
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks..sucks but I've accepted its just a car. Testing @ Bogie round 2....

If it was a new GT4 and it got into an accident again, I would have lost it ...the second time makes it slightly easier to accept.

Originally Posted by Vise

So sorry to hear dude, hope it gets fixed up better than new ASAP.

Same car, second accident.

Originally Posted by docdrs
I feel for you .........why why why could she not have slammed the other vehicle
I pretty much accept it as fate. Right before the accident, I pulled over on the street so I could fiddle with some of the TPMS stuff..then had to stop some more to take a call. Any change/exclusion of these events would have made altered my timing at the intersection; 10-15 seconds changes your life.
Old 12-16-2016, 12:58 PM
Fuggit
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks..sucks but I've accepted its just a car. Testing @ Bogie round 2....

If it was a new GT4 and it got into an accident again, I would have lost it ...the second time makes it slightly easier to accept.

I pretty much accept it as fate. Right before the accident, I pulled over on the street so I could fiddle with some of the TPMS stuff..then had to stop some more to take a call. Any change/exclusion of these events would have made altered my timing at the intersection; 10-15 seconds changes your life.

For what it's worth, I'd check to see if that other driver even has insurance coverage, and see if her daddy's rich

I recognize that street, that's not even Markham that's Scarlem. I avoid that area like the plague.
Old 12-16-2016, 04:22 PM
KenTO
Burning Brakes

Received 522 Likes on 199 Posts

My Targa with snows is a great winter driver, but you are right about all the other idiot drivers on the road that you have no control over. I know it's a cliche about Asian young female drivers, but there was this one beautiful girl that would come to all the Ferrari dealer events with a 458 Speciale (I was behind her at Mosport once) and she could drive!
Old 12-16-2016, 08:25 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by KenTO
My Targa with snows is a great winter driver, but you are right about all the other idiot drivers on the road that you have no control over. I know it's a cliche about Asian young female drivers, but there was this one beautiful girl that would come to all the Ferrari dealer events with a 458 Speciale (I was behind her at Mosport once) and she could drive!
you must mean ken's daughter samantha, she's had some crazy driver education.
Old 12-16-2016, 10:56 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by moab
snows aren't really necessary in Toronto. I'd rather mandate that people be required to know how to drive.
Bingo
Old 12-17-2016, 12:57 AM
Sir5n
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bronson7
Bingo
Saw a guy yesterday on King east in a sport ute pass on the right at a marked and flashing pedestrian crossing.

He noticed that he was about to hit 4 people and swerved up onto the sidewalk narrowly missing a telephone pole.

Thankfully it was empty but WTF is up with licensed drivers!!!!

Quick Reply: The Official Canadian Spotted Thread