Notices

GTG in the GTA 10am Saturday

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 01:11 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

It was good to meet you Adrian. Your Chev jacket did throw us a curve as most of us thought you were with the 'vette crew and not the bloke with the S2 with the steering wheel on the "wrong" side of the car! What's the plan with your p-car now?
Old 04-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Sultan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pongobaz
It was good to meet you Adrian. Your Chev jacket did throw us a curve as most of us thought you were with the 'vette crew and not the bloke with the S2 with the steering wheel on the "wrong" side of the car! What's the plan with your p-car now?
+1, are you here for good now or back and forth for a while?

edit: just read your other post..

Last edited by Sultan; 04-08-2010 at 01:32 PM. Reason: just read the other post
Old 04-08-2010, 05:52 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,118 Likes on 800 Posts

don't mind us .. we just ignore everybody that wears big friggen GM jackets at a Porsche get together so don't take it personally

Imagine if there had been no vette guys there , then you really would have looked out of place .. Hope fully you will be a regular once you get settled
Old 04-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Steve Martin
Pro

Originally Posted by theiceman
don't mind us .. we just ignore everybody that wears big friggen GM jackets at a Porsche get together so don't take it personally

Imagine if there had been no vette guys there , then you really would have looked out of place .. Hope fully you will be a regular once you get settled
Clive, I just noticed your wheels, New or summer? either or they rock!
Old 04-08-2010, 11:43 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Actually Steve they are an older set I have , but you are correct they have summer rubber on them ,The Fuchs have my all seasons for fall and spring.. The BBS style have been pretty well retired . to bad too they had tonnes of rubber on them ..
Old 04-09-2010, 12:42 AM
Shemmer
Pro

I didn't get to chat with you last week Clive. Your car was looking pretty shiney.
Hope the weather is just as nice as it was last week. I'd like to come dressed in white.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:25 AM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hehehe

yeah it was a bit funny dat , it was weird as I wasnt aware of 2 separate meetings.

I just went up to the first load of blokes (now I know as the the vet guys) and they kept mentioning the Porsche Guys, it twigged then.

I though it was like a general car cruise meeting place

I should try

well, plans with the P-CAR is changing daily, DONT WANT TO SELL
love my s2 cab, kinda wanna newer car, maybe even a vette

somethng with proper traction control for canada, 44 only has ABS

so expect to see my posts changing for buying/selling/keeping the porsche

laters taters

Originally Posted by pongobaz
Old 04-09-2010, 08:20 AM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by adrian_jaye
...well, plans with the P-CAR is changing daily, DONT WANT TO SELL love my s2 cab, kinda wanna newer car, maybe even a vette
Whoa there... let's not make any rash decisions mate!
Old 04-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by adrian_jaye
somethng with proper traction control for canada, 44 only has ABS
Funny, I thought traction control was under your right foot??

Is your S2 still in the UK? If so, you could get more for it there and then take the funds made over home and it would go a l_o_t further here.

$10K (pounds) for 1992 cab 59K miles (not S2) for example off the pistonheads site or $7K pounds for a 1991 S2 (non cab) with 73K miles. So if we split the difference and say $8K pounds your looking at $12,360.29 CAN at todays rate.

Thats going to buy you a nice 944 here or add a bit more cash and go towards something else such as a 986 or 996 lets say. Your righthand drive would have poor resale over here and I don't know what the cost would be to turn your Euro spec to Can spec. The only good thing would be that you would not owe any duty or GST on the car under a "settlers" import class. For your $12.3 (or more as your car may be worth more then I est.d) you could add a few K and be in a Boxster.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:54 PM
Tanner2305
Instructor

Are these get togethers still happening..I'm a newbie but pumped at the idea of meeting you Porsche experts.

Let me know.

thanks,

dan
Old 04-11-2010, 11:10 PM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Originally Posted by Tanner2305
Are these get togethers still happening..I'm a newbie but pumped at the idea of meeting you Porsche experts.

Let me know.

thanks,

dan
Hey Dan,

They sure are, every Saturday around 10am people start showing up, behind Chapters at Sherway (see page 1 for the map). It's always a great way to spend a Saturday morning!

Hope to see you there,
-Jonathan
Old 04-11-2010, 11:14 PM
OttawaDave
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Looks like you guys got some pretty perfect weather and a great turn out...I was in the area, but would have been there too late to have caught you guys.

Will have to try again next time I'm headed your way.

Cheers,
Dave
Old 04-11-2010, 11:24 PM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Originally Posted by OttawaDave
Looks like you guys got some pretty perfect weather and a great turn out...I was in the area, but would have been there too late to have caught you guys.

Will have to try again next time I'm headed your way.

Cheers,
Dave
Hey Dave, if you're driving from Toronto to Ottawa (or vise versa) I suggest the following detour for some INCREDIBLE driving roads!

From Toronto to Ottawa:

Just before Kingston (from 401), take hwy 38 North, and then turn right on "Crow Lake Road" (if you get to Sharbot Lake you've gone too far).

Take Crow Lake Road (it's great fun, twisty and hilly) until you come to a narrow bridge, go either left or right and you are now on hwy 36. This is an incredible stretch of twisty hilly road, and great condition too. If you go North on 36, it will take you to hwy 7 (which you can take into Ottawa) and if you go south on 36 it will take you to Westport, and you can continue south on 10 to the 401.

Alternatively, if you are taking 7, you can still go south on 38 to Crow Lake Road, and then head back up 36 to 7... would probably be a 40 minute detour full of great driving!
Old 04-12-2010, 07:13 AM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep s2 is still here (am over in UK now)

I actually worked out £7k. So that sounds like its on the money

prob. have NOT seen any s2 cab's in canada on the autotrader site,
68's seem quite expensive here (canada).

I'm aware of resale value, but again, prices here arent great (especially with Petrol prices) if thats so then Id rather use it there for a few more years and ge bad resale there than bad resale here and starting again over there.

AFAIK, no mods as its a 91 plate. and yes no duty tax

anyway may start a new thread on "my daily Porsche moods"

hehehehe

laters taters

Originally Posted by Torontoworker
Funny, I thought traction control was under your right foot??

Is your S2 still in the UK? If so, you could get more for it there and then take the funds made over home and it would go a l_o_t further here.

$10K (pounds) for 1992 cab 59K miles (not S2) for example off the pistonheads site or $7K pounds for a 1991 S2 (non cab) with 73K miles. So if we split the difference and say $8K pounds your looking at $12,360.29 CAN at todays rate.

Thats going to buy you a nice 944 here or add a bit more cash and go towards something else such as a 986 or 996 lets say. Your righthand drive would have poor resale over here and I don't know what the cost would be to turn your Euro spec to Can spec. The only good thing would be that you would not owe any duty or GST on the car under a "settlers" import class. For your $12.3 (or more as your car may be worth more then I est.d) you could add a few K and be in a Boxster.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:11 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

The S2 is still a very desireable car and quite rare here . I would say they are 968 money if you can find a nice one ..

bit of completely useless trivia .. wasn't the S2 cab the first ever Porsche with a trunk ?

Last edited by theiceman; 04-30-2010 at 08:15 PM. Reason: corrected for accuracy

Quick Reply: GTG in the GTA 10am Saturday