tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 08:57 PM
edi1
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tires

hi

anyone ever bought tires on line form the us. because iam ready to try.

thanks.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:32 PM
dub944
Track Day

Believe it or not.. and I hate to admit it as I dislike them probably as much as everyone else here in canada..but just before you start shopping around, I found my tires cheapest with... *sigh*.. canadian tire.

I tried tire trends, tire rack, about a hundred other online sites, blaskin and lane, ok tire, kaltire and canadian tire was the best...

thought I would let you know.

cheers,
Parker
Old 05-16-2006, 11:55 PM
DarrylH
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bought wheels and tires from Tire Rack for my Subaru. Ordered online, arrived Fedex in Toronto about three days later. Took a couple of days and some paperwork faxing back and forth to clear customs (I just let Fedex handle it - they asked if I had a customs broker already, which I didn't) and then they arrived at my office. Can't really compare apples to apples since the wheels I bought I couldn't find in Canada, but I think, even with the customs brokerage fees and shipping charges and all, that I actually saved a bit of money. Installed the wheels and tires myself - they came perfectly balanced and ready to go. If tires only, you'd of course have to add mounting and balancing costs to the equation...unless you can do it yourself?

Overall, painless.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:55 AM
edi1
Rennlist Member

Default tires

hi

i could be wrong but 245x45x17 any brand tire after shipping taxes duties

brokerage fees. you could save $50. or more a tire. wright or wrong.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:05 PM
LastGT3
Racer

I ordered Michelins from TireRack 5 days ago - received tires in 3 business days via UPS ground. Cost was about 50% my best TO Price.

As a counter point for MPSC - try Pnues Touchette in Montreal - they have comprable prices to TireRack and you will not have same shipping or brokerage fees.

FWIW - My tires were $1266 US incl shipping for 4 tires for GT3. Brokerage feee is about $63CDN.
So, now with exchange, the price was right.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:12 PM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have bought tires from Tirerack and Vulcan Tires with no problems.....All in, they were a few hundred dollars cheaper for a set of 4....

Quick Reply: tires