Notices

Need good shop for new shocks install in Toronto

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 05:49 PM
AM993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Need good shop for new shocks install in Toronto

Hello, I have just ordered a set of Bilstein HD from Gert @ CARNEWAL for my Porsche 993 and I am looking for a decent shop in Toronto (preferably west side) to take care of the install. Any suggestion?
Old 05-11-2006, 08:53 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

courtney at autowerks 905 850 7600......langstaff and 400
Old 05-12-2006, 10:28 AM
AM993
Rennlist Member

Great, thanks for that.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:24 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

WWW.KARFIESTA.COM great guy
Old 05-12-2006, 04:00 PM
LastGT3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Use Courtney - former PFAFF mechanic. He did my stuff and Nobles and Fryd's...
Very reasonable...and you can watch if you want.
I am going there the week after next.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:02 PM
AM993
Rennlist Member

OK, it looks like AUTOWERKS is the way to go. I will check them out next week before I drop my car. Thanks everyone!
Old 05-12-2006, 11:30 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by AM993
OK, it looks like AUTOWERKS is the way to go. I will check them out next week before I drop my car. Thanks everyone!
good job. you will not be disappointed.
Old 05-13-2006, 07:27 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

AM993, I was recommended Courtney when I moved to Toronto a year and a half ago. I've gone there for a bunch of work to the 993 Turbo and could not be happier with the service I've received. I like the guy so much, I setup a quick website for him so that it's easier for people to find his shop and services (try Googling his shop, it's nearly impossible to find his address/phone number).

I have no financial interest in this website, I just used a simple template and sat with him for a few hours today to get the content up.

More info about Autowerks: www.euautowerks.com

Farzaan
Old 05-13-2006, 07:38 PM
AM993
Rennlist Member

Thanks Farzaan. I actually called AUTOWERKS yesterday and confirmed their address. They are 20 minutes from my office and I will drop in next week to check out the place. I only moved recently to Toronto and need a good shop to take care of my car. Sounds like Courtney IS the guy in town!
Old 05-13-2006, 08:49 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by fc-racer
AM993, I was recommended Courtney when I moved to Toronto a year and a half ago. I've gone there for a bunch of work to the 993 Turbo and could not be happier with the service I've received. I like the guy so much, I setup a quick website for him so that it's easier for people to find his shop and services (try Googling his shop, it's nearly impossible to find his address/phone number).

I have no financial interest in this website, I just used a simple template and sat with him for a few hours today to get the content up.

More info about Autowerks: www.euautowerks.com

Farzaan
thats nice of you..i didnt even know he had a site. its true though courtney is a guy who does awesome work but he is also very genuine ( like me) and likeable..(unlike me)....
i ran my GT3 hard at tracks all over the eastern and southern us and canada and NEVER had a mechanical issue. the car always performed perfect. so much so that guys from other provinces heard about it and called me to get the setup info. i wouldnt give it out and so they came to courtney too. when i got my 997S he lowered it and set it up so it handles very well, he then installed fabspeed mufflers ( thanks karfiesta) and did an oil change and 2 new tires.
i have referred at least 5 GT3 guys there amd they are all happy. you will be too....im not only a cilient ...i dont wear a wig
Old 05-13-2006, 11:54 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by NOBLEGT3
thats nice of you..i didnt even know he had a site. its true though courtney is a guy who does awesome work but he is also very genuine ( like me) and likeable..(unlike me)....
i ran my GT3 hard at tracks all over the eastern and southern us and canada and NEVER had a mechanical issue. the car always performed perfect. so much so that guys from other provinces heard about it and called me to get the setup info. i wouldnt give it out and so they came to courtney too. when i got my 997S he lowered it and set it up so it handles very well, he then installed fabspeed mufflers ( thanks karfiesta) and did an oil change and 2 new tires.
i have referred at least 5 GT3 guys there amd they are all happy. you will be too....im not only a cilient ...i dont wear a wig
What did you do to lower it and what setup do you use?
Old 05-13-2006, 11:57 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
What did you do to lower it and what setup do you use?
h & r springs and set up is secret...you have to go to autowerks and talk to courtney..
Old 05-14-2006, 12:07 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by NOBLEGT3
h & r springs and set up is secret...you have to go to autowerks and talk to courtney..
I've got the H&Rs on order. Should be here early next week. Any problems bottoming out?

As for going to Toronto for service that's a bit far for me although I did get my car at Pfaff. I met Courtney a few years ago at Pfaff when Pfaff was still in Newmarket and he was talking about his red 944T. I just can't make the time to go down there for an alignment.

Fiorano change their name to Autowerks?

I would like a more track friendly setup to improve wear across the tire and reduce the wear on the outside edge.

Any other suggestions?
Old 05-14-2006, 12:29 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
I've got the H&Rs on order. Should be here early next week. Any problems bottoming out?

As for going to Toronto for service that's a bit far for me although I did get my car at Pfaff. I met Courtney a few years ago at Pfaff when Pfaff was still in Newmarket and he was talking about his red 944T. I just can't make the time to go down there for an alignment.

Fiorano change their name to Autowerks?

I would like a more track friendly setup to improve wear across the tire and reduce the wear on the outside edge.

Any other suggestions?
fiorano autowerks is autowerks now

keith from ottawa brought his GT3 to courtney. you can do it. i have no bottoming out issues on street or track. you will scrape the front more on inclines obviously
Old 05-15-2006, 04:54 PM
AM993
Rennlist Member

Wink

Guys, I checked out AUTOWERKS today: looks perfect! Courtney was out but spoke to Domenic, who gave me a very reasonable estimate to install my Bilstein HDs (whenever they arrive), new front discs/brake pads and new rear tires. On the side note, they also had a nice sample of Ferraris (Testarossa, 355,...); it's always nice to keep an eye on the competition

Quick Reply: Need good shop for new shocks install in Toronto