Notices

Pfaff Spring into gear, who's goin?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 05:03 PM
yongster
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, had to go to work, and "save lives" instead.

DeAd-Eye,
Any news on the Arden stuff?
Old 04-30-2006, 07:32 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rally Guy
Back to SIS - I have to agree that's it's pretty low key and nothing really "happens" - but it was still a ton of fun. One of the most amazing parts is actually walking the surrounding streets - looking at all the parked cars - everything from 912's to 924S's and a 911 "supersport" - the only one in Canada.

RK
if its low key and nothing happens how is it " tons of fun' im scared to see your definiton of boring.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:34 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

ok j.j., i promise, the next event will be a track day with stripers and cocaine for the afterparty, that eventfull enuff?

youngtser, sry for the delay, it got really busy this week. I gave **** to my supplier for not getting back to me on that. You will have a PM on that monday.

Event was good today, a big variety of cars. I'll try to get some pics up soon but there's like 50 of them. There was even a Ford GT there!
Old 04-30-2006, 09:38 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by DeAd-EyE
ok j.j., i promise, the next event will be a track day with stripers and cocaine for the afterparty, that eventfull enuff?

youngtser, sry for the delay, it got really busy this week. I gave **** to my supplier for not getting back to me on that. You will have a PM on that monday.

Event was good today, a big variety of cars. I'll try to get some pics up soon but there's like 50 of them. There was even a Ford GT there!
ok but can we have strippers instead of stripers...im sure its a great event for all you lonely people
Old 04-30-2006, 10:04 PM
Rally Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah - I guess my threshold for "fun" when it comes to Porsches is pretty low. I've only been involved with them for about 10 years - only owned two and am still really impressed just by seeing a wide range of cars. But then again - I have fun at museums and art galleries too - and not much happens there either. : )

I guess another benefit is that this event cost me absolutely nothing. Nor did the car I drove there need 40 hours of cleaning and the rebuilding of several componants before the next event (like when I go rallying) and I didn't wear out 5 sets of tires.

And it's not as if "nothing" happened. At one point my girlfriend turned to me and casually remarked, while comtemplating at a silver 911, "You know, I really do prefer the C4S widebody look over the standard, narrow-bodied 993." And I fell in love all over again.

RK
Old 04-30-2006, 10:20 PM
BIMMERMIKE
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Back to SIS - I have to agree that's it's pretty low key and nothing really "happens" - but it was still a ton of fun. One of the most amazing parts is actually walking the surrounding streets - looking at all the parked cars - everything from 912's to 924S's and a 911 "supersport" - the only one in Canada.

RK
Let's not forget the 928S and 944's
Old 04-30-2006, 10:45 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Which car was urs there? (if possible..please try to be more specific than "the silver 996" )

Yeah - I guess my threshold for "fun" when it comes to Porsches is pretty low. I've only been involved with them for about 10 years - only owned two and am still really impressed just by seeing a wide range of cars. But then again - I have fun at museums and art galleries too - and not much happens there either. : )

I guess another benefit is that this event cost me absolutely nothing. Nor did the car I drove there need 40 hours of cleaning and the rebuilding of several componants before the next event (like when I go rallying) and I didn't wear out 5 sets of tires.

And it's not as if "nothing" happened. At one point my girlfriend turned to me and casually remarked, while comtemplating at a silver 911, "You know, I really do prefer the C4S widebody look over the standard, narrow-bodied 993." And I fell in love all over again.

RK
Old 04-30-2006, 10:55 PM
Rally Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine? The SGM 330xi.

And yes - there was a host of 944's and 928. One of the most striking was the light blue metallic 928 S4 - anyone know if that was a factory colour?

There were several S2's there, a few 951's. A really good turn out of just about everything. One of the neatest was the 1960's VW bug that was in great condition.

If all the parked cars were in one corral - it would have been quite the consourse.

RK
Old 04-30-2006, 11:25 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

RK
im jealous...unless its loud,fast ,shoots bullets, has 4 legs ,expensive or im about to die from it...i generally hate it.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:00 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

Man soo many Porsche's Ford GT! and that Blue 996 RUF Look-A-like was amazing. Great event.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:15 AM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 80 Posts

I really enjoyed the day. I guess I fall into Rally Guy's demographic... It doesn't take too many Porsches to get me excited.

As was mentioned several times already, just walking the surrounding area was fun as the variety of cars was very good.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:44 AM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts

RK
Glad my car could be of service!

BTW: anybody have pics to post of the event? I forgot I had my camera in the car the whole time...
Old 05-01-2006, 01:43 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by pongobaz
Glad my car could be of service!

BTW: anybody have pics to post of the event? I forgot I had my camera in the car the whole time...
You were busy watching the cute girls in their low cuts ......
Old 05-01-2006, 02:49 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaak Lepson
You were busy watching the cute girls in their low cuts ......
Old 05-01-2006, 05:36 PM
kilrgt
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

She was well........... something .............Very nice tats as well

Quick Reply: Pfaff Spring into gear, who's goin?