Notices

Finally Found What I Wanted

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 10:40 AM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by infinii
Wow, $15k taxes on a used car. Doesn't it sicken anyone else that used cars are taxed over and over again.

Nice car, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Yeah, considering that they've already taxed the crap out of it the first time! Zookie got hit for GST too since it was bought at a dealer. It wouldn't be so bad if you actually saw government services improve once in awhile for all the many levels of taxes we pay. I bought mine privately so I saved on GST and the bill of sale was based on wholesale for a C2...I guess I won a small battle there.

For you Alberta boys: what's the deal with the price of gas in your province? I was there last week and I couldn't believe that you pay the same and sometimes more at the pump than we do in TO.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:11 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

I dint mind Paying the GST at all, as long as i was getting 2 years in Certified Pre-owned Porsche Warranty and amazing Dealer Service.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:45 PM
skruggs964
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone ever buy anything at Heimrath Porsche? (Lawrence Ave in Scarborough) I was there a few years ago, looking around on their lot. The guy I was speaking to was a real snob and a total jerk, and insinuated that I probably didn't have the kind of money for a Porsche. (I drove up in a '98 Windstar..and at that time looked young for my age) Little did he know, I came with access to $40 grand cash that day and was in the market for a 964 or 993. I was serious about buying a car and having it shipped FOB Calgary. I got so turned off, I decided I wouldn't bother going back even if he did have something I wanted.

I've never been to Pfaff...but I've heard good things about them.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:51 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe thats why Heimrath Porsche was out of business couple years ago.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:53 PM
skruggs964
Pro

Originally Posted by pongobaz
For you Alberta boys: what's the deal with the price of gas in your province? I was there last week and I couldn't believe that you pay the same and sometimes more at the pump than we do in TO.
I hear ya! I've often wondered the same....we produce the stuff, but yet we only pay a few cents per litre less than you Torontonians!

Go figure!
Old 04-14-2006, 02:56 PM
skruggs964
Pro

Originally Posted by 996
Maybe thats why Heimrath Porsche was out of business couple years ago.
Yeah....that doesn't surprise me in the least. The salesman didn't seem too anxious to sell me a car.
Old 04-14-2006, 05:47 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Pfaff Porsche is by the best Dealership i have ever been to. Only other dealer i have been treated like a VIP was Lexus in Kuwait, when me and my dad went shopping for my Mom car in 2002. Since then we have bought 2 VW's from Dealerships and have'nt been treated anyways where good.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:41 PM
turboGary
Racer

Ludwig Heimrath is a personal friend of my father for over 40 yrs. I've known him for at least 20 personally since a kid. He didn't go out of business, he sold the bussiness to some real ******** so don't think that he has anything to do with the way they run it. They pay him royalties to have his name on the building, that's all. If heard some bad things about them too....

Quick Reply: Finally Found What I Wanted