Notices

Killer Deal on my 996 Cabrio

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 09:31 PM
lowside67
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Heh good point - I do my best to keep the 4x4ing to the X5.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:01 AM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's just from personal experience with our white truck
Old 04-05-2006, 07:52 PM
YYC930
Three Wheelin'

I PM'd Bob Rouleau (the mod) who said he'd dealt with it in a message back to me.......

If our 19 year old in BC who works for a dealer...harumph....would like to post "his" ICBC insurance papers and vehicle registration with his name and supporting ID.......I'll be fine with the fact that it is his own car.....all documents dated prior to this thread inception however.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:17 PM
lowside67
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by YYC930
I PM'd Bob Rouleau (the mod) who said he'd dealt with it in a message back to me.......

If our 19 year old in BC who works for a dealer...harumph....would like to post "his" ICBC insurance papers and vehicle registration with his name and supporting ID.......I'll be fine with the fact that it is his own car.....all documents dated prior to this thread inception however.
Besides the obvious point that the ownership papers of my cars are none of your business, being in the business I'd expect you would know better - why don't you show me the registrations of all of YOUR vehicles in your name? Of course you couldn't. But if you own the dealership, you own everything the dealership owns. I don't own the whole dealership, but I am a partner and own a 50% share. The P-car is my personal driver, and whether I hold the registration in my name is a moot point (and that would be downright stupid for me to pay tax on the vehicle to transfer it to my name).

I don't know why you're being such a *****, but mind your own business. You don't own any cars like mine and there's certainly no way that this car is any competition to yours. As such, my posting my car for sale here isn't really a concern to you - until you made it one. It seems ridiculous for me, (the 19 year old as you so thoughtfully pointed out), to have to tell you to quit being childish, but there isnt any other description for what you're doing. It's petty, low, and has to stop.

Good day.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:21 PM
YYC930
Three Wheelin'

Then you are a LIAR.............and selling a car which your company owns, therefore you are advertising services for which you have not paid the right for.

I guess openly and bald faced lying to Rennlist members and not supporting the board, but poaching off of it instead are OK with you.

Touche..............

Bob you have a PM.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:38 PM
lowside67
Rennlist Member

Then you are a LIAR.............and selling a car which your company owns, therefore you are advertising services for which you have not paid the right for.

I guess openly and bald faced lying to Rennlist members and not supporting the board, but poaching off of it instead are OK with you.

Touche..............

Bob you have a PM.
Tell me once where I lied. I dare you.

Poaching off of the board? Not supporting it? I'm a paid member. I'm not listing all the cars I have for sale on this board. My Porsche is owned by the dealership for tax benefits and ease of insurance, but regardless it's mine. The car is being sold because I want a GT3, which will also be owned by the company and insured by the company. The company doesn't have limitless funds which is why I'm having to sell my prized car.

Step off.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:41 PM
YYC930
Three Wheelin'

A personal car is owned by an individual..........inventory for sale is that which is owned by a company............you would not benefit personally, but your company woudl benefit with the sale of this car.

Sponsor the board...............lift up your skirt and grab your *****.................you can do it.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:44 PM
lowside67
Rennlist Member

A personal car is owned by an individual..........inventory for sale is that which is owned by a company............you would not benefit personally, but your company woudl benefit with the sale of this car.

Sponsor the board...............lift up your skirt and grab your *****.................you can do it.
When this Porsche sells and I have my GT3, that's it. It's not going to be for sale. So now then I have a paid subscriber account to Rennlist and have no P-cars for sale. That sure sounds like a sound business decision.

Tell me why you're so bent out of shape about this, as I mentioned, I'm no competitor to you, we deal in different cars.

Check out my inventory:

edit - link to commercial site deleted by Mod.

1 Porsche.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:19 AM
infinii
Instructor

My turn to be ****.

The fact that this car is listed as inventory on your company's website/inventory sheet, kind of makes you guilty. Sure some ppl will let a dealer sell their car on consignment, and then even try to sell it here privately, etc. it's personal because they don't happen to own that dealership.

The issue YYC brings up has NOTHING to do with competition so the fact that you sell non-porsches is irrelevant. As he sees it, you are listing a car that YOUR COMPANY is trying to sell, here on Rennlist and you are not a sponsor privy to those priviledges.

I'm not a lawyer but I play a convincingly good one on the Internet.

If you're car wasn't white and didn't look so much like my previous Boxster I might've considered it.

Good luck on the GT3 though.
Old 04-06-2006, 05:53 AM
lowside67
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by infinii
My turn to be ****.

The fact that this car is listed as inventory on your company's website/inventory sheet, kind of makes you guilty. Sure some ppl will let a dealer sell their car on consignment, and then even try to sell it here privately, etc. it's personal because they don't happen to own that dealership.

The issue YYC brings up has NOTHING to do with competition so the fact that you sell non-porsches is irrelevant. As he sees it, you are listing a car that YOUR COMPANY is trying to sell, here on Rennlist and you are not a sponsor privy to those priviledges.

I'm not a lawyer but I play a convincingly good one on the Internet.

If you're car wasn't white and didn't look so much like my previous Boxster I might've considered it.

Good luck on the GT3 though.
Interesting thoughts. In the most technical of terms the car is owned by the dealership, I never disputed that. My argument was simply that I'm saying in good faith that regardless of the 'legal owner', this is my car and it's going to be sold to be replaced with another P-car and that one wont be for sale!

Regardless, there hasn't really been any action from this thread eitherway so it's not much of a big deal either way, but out of principle I continue to defend on.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:19 AM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Guys,

The rules are pretty simple. Lowside can indeed advertise his personal car for sale. I won't get into the minutia of who actually holds the title. Rennlist does not discriminate against people who are in the car business.

If someone in the business is observed to be selling a lot of "so called personal" cars, it will be assumed that he/she is actually doing business on this site and sanctions will apply.

I have deleted the links to lowside's business. Posting such links is considered advertising by a non sponsor. If pictures are desired, include them in the post or link to a photo hosting site unrelated to your business.

Regards,
Old 04-06-2006, 01:09 PM
beers4all
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Guys,

The rules are pretty simple. Lowside can indeed advertise his personal car for sale. I won't get into the minutia of who actually holds the title. Rennlist does not discriminate against people who are in the car business.

If someone in the business is observed to be selling a lot of "so called personal" cars, it will be assumed that he/she is actually doing business on this site and sanctions will apply.

I have deleted the links to lowside's business. Posting such links is considered advertising by a non sponsor. If pictures are desired, include them in the post or link to a photo hosting site unrelated to your business.

Regards,
Well put Bob - let the guy sell his car ...
and to YYC930 - thanks for being a sponsor and contributing to the success of Rennlist.
Cheers,
Bob

Quick Reply: Killer Deal on my 996 Cabrio