Paint Brake calipers

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 04:45 PM
oproulx
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint Brake calipers

Hi all!

I want to paint my brake calipers red on my Cayenne. Does anybody know of a good place where that can be done around Montreal?

Thanks!
Old 02-21-2006, 05:04 PM
YYC930
Three Wheelin'

I do not know anyone in Montreal....but as an aside, in order to do it "correctly" so that the paint does not flake off prematurely due to heat, you'll want to get them "powder coated"......which entails a complete disassembly and reassembly/rebuild of the calipers......on top of the prep and painting costs.....have you considered that factor ?
Old 02-21-2006, 07:01 PM
oproulx
Advanced

Originally Posted by YYC930
I do not know anyone in Montreal....but as an aside, in order to do it "correctly" so that the paint does not flake off prematurely due to heat, you'll want to get them "powder coated"......which entails a complete disassembly and reassembly/rebuild of the calipers......on top of the prep and painting costs.....have you considered that factor ?
Yes I did factor that in... That's why I'm asking for a professionnal job, if it was just a question of spray painting them I'd do myself
Old 02-21-2006, 07:27 PM
YYC930
Three Wheelin'

Fair enough.......I had hoped you did.........when I worked for the Porsche store you had no idea how many times this came up and people though you could go to good 'ole "Crappy Tire" and buy a couple of spray cans..........heh !!!

Nice wheels BTW !!!!
Old 02-21-2006, 07:29 PM
Mike K.
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Try Benny @ International Auto on St. Jacques between Cavendish and Decarie. He can paint just about anything. Otherwise, try the tuner shops like RMR etc. Also call Tim @ River Motorwerks in St. Constant. He is a mechanic who has a contact for powdercoating.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:01 PM
oproulx
Advanced

Originally Posted by YYC930
Fair enough.......I had hoped you did.........when I worked for the Porsche store you had no idea how many times this came up and people though you could go to good 'ole "Crappy Tire" and buy a couple of spray cans..........heh !!!

Nice wheels BTW !!!!
Thanks!

Quick Reply: Paint Brake calipers