Mercedes G500 - Any experience?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 09:55 AM
carbon_00
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mercedes G500 - Any experience?

Hi guys,

Looking at a 2002 G500 as a third car, does anyone have any experience with these?

I want something built like a tank and having driven a Hummer for awhile have no interest in getting another..

Thanks
Old 12-27-2005, 10:40 AM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carbon_00
Hi guys,

Looking at a 2002 G500 as a third car, does anyone have any experience with these?

I want something built like a tank and having driven a Hummer for awhile have no interest in getting another..

Thanks
they look like a suzuki swift and are supposed to ride very rough. i hate hummers too but my wife just bought the smaller hummer H3 and i have to say it is built like a tank and is very very nice. also fits in the garage and gets great gas mileage. comes standard with stability management and traction control. onstar is also very cool for phone calls ( when cell isnt working ) or info and emergency GPS locating should you crash and be unable to call for help...fully loaded it is 50 grand ( canadian)and weighs over 2000 pounds less than an H2. go to roy foss and test drive one
Old 12-28-2005, 05:39 PM
thedyingiraffe
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

G-wagons have been around for 25 years... They produce 24 vehicules daily at the plant in Graaz, Austria. It's interesting to know what the company that ownes the plant is no other than Magna International!

I've driven the military version of the G-55 AMG (same chassis) and it is a very well built machine! If I needed a SUV, this is probably the one I would get! The 2.7 CDI turbo engine lacks in power, but I don't know if you can get that engine in the civilian version.

If you like the way it drives... you should get it!

M-A
'91 963

Quick Reply: Mercedes G500 - Any experience?