Notices

Delays getting Excellence Mag???

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 05:56 PM
Heddok
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delays getting Excellence Mag???

I have a great kid, he wants to get me a subscription to Excellence magazine for X-mas. I don't usually subscribe to any mags because too often they arrive a month after the newstand or they never arrive at all.
So - any problems getting your copy here in Canada?

Any experiences feedback appreciated
Brad
Edmonton
Old 11-30-2005, 12:54 AM
Carrera_GTcrazy
Instructor

I usually go to the store and buy them because i dont get every issue, I only buy the issue's i like. But im considering subscribing,
Old 11-30-2005, 04:30 PM
The DareDevil
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I am about to signup as well.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:33 PM
Terryer
3rd Gear

I got a subscription for Christmas last year. Since it's published in the USA, it takes 3-4 weeks for it to get delivered to Canadian residential addresses. I'm not sure how that compares to the newstand.

No problems with missing issues. I'm not renewing the subscription as I'll just buy it at the bookstore if there's an article that interests me. And there's a preview on their web-site every month.

Originally Posted by Heddok
I have a great kid, he wants to get me a subscription to Excellence magazine for X-mas. I don't usually subscribe to any mags because too often they arrive a month after the newstand or they never arrive at all.
So - any problems getting your copy here in Canada?

Any experiences feedback appreciated
Brad
Edmonton
Old 12-02-2005, 10:40 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I've subscribed for a year - no problems.

Marc
Old 12-04-2005, 06:00 PM
jgrant
Burning Brakes

FYI, almost our entire PCA - CWR region has some issues with "late" delivery of some months.

Our executive have raised the issue with PCA head office, etc., and it seems that this is a function of the mail rates... it's not being sent out as first class mail. This results in them being delivered when there's room after the priority items have been done.

That being said, I've never really had an issue with getting it when I do... even if it's a couple of weeks after the release. There's never really a "must see right now" article in it, and it's a nice surprise when it shows up.

Mind you, I've also got subs to 911 Porsche, GT Purely Porsche, RaceCar Engineering, etc., so I've always got something to read and don't "jones" for Pano.

$0.02
Old 01-06-2006, 01:47 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,162 Likes on 833 Posts

I have every issue since number 16 ( except the ones I left on planes .. doh !!! ) I have never had a problem with delivery or renewal. I have subscribed for years. I don't know if they are late, as when they show up , I read them .. I don't compare to what is on the stands. Great resource for projects too.

Quick Reply: Delays getting Excellence Mag???