The Best Buy Rant

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 12:39 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Best Buy Rant

Any of you who've ever had 2 return something to this store knows what i'm talking about.

Their return service sucks ***, there's always a long lineup because they only have 1 or 2 people on staff there..it takes an hr to return a damned cd even.

Their communication with their warehouse is a damned joke. I bought a TV stand from the markham store and then returned it because it was a POS. After going all the way to markham and waiting in line for an hour and finding someone who knows what they were doing, they picked it up about a week later. Fine, i thought everything was good. Lo and behold, my credit card statement arrives and i'm still out 300$. How long does it take them 2 process a return? Not 3 weeks thats for sure. I just called up the store and they want me to come back in to show them the return reciept. I can't believe they can't just check on the computer to see that i've returned it and THEY picked it up. I spoke to the same sales guy who i bought he stand off and who processed the return. Nope they don't remember what they did. They're going 2 call me back.

Now, at the downsview store, i returned a bigscreen tv and its matching stand and once again they picked it up. it is now 5 weeks later on that one and still no credit. Now i'm out 3000$ from that store. Fan ****ing tastic. i can't even get a hold of anyone in customer service at that store.

Total amount best buy has cost me: 3300$ and about 6Hrs of my life that i want back.

BAH!
Old 10-26-2005, 12:58 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

You pay about 5-10% more going to Bay Bloor Radio vs. Best Buy/Future Shop, but you always talk to someone who knows what they're selling (rare at those other places) and they would never treat you the way you're describing above. Hear that Kromer is good too.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:16 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

yeah, from now on i'm not buying big equipment from best buy unless its on hyper sale (like the tv i'm using now was).

Have u seen the new Bose Lifestyle systems tho, those are fantastic, the automatic noise correction from the speakers is really fantastic for me since i have spacial issues. i saw a tech demo at bay bloor and i was totally blown away. I just wish that they would make a system with 6 and 7.1 because once i buy something i dont upgrade for the next 20 years (actually my first sony bigscreen has lasted pretty much 13 years or more now...fanstastic unit).
Old 10-26-2005, 02:20 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

They've got some nice stuff there for sure. I have Sonus Faber speakers and a Pioneer Elite Receiver that I use along with a Vidikron HD2 projector and a 110" Stewart film screen. Makes watching Batman just like being at the movies!
Old 10-26-2005, 02:40 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

110"....wow..wow...WOW!

how far back do uhave 2 sit to watch it without straining ur eyes?

and i htought my 62 was big..damn
Old 10-26-2005, 05:12 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

12 1/2-14'. It has plasma quality picture. 1280x720 pixels I think. Very clear.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:55 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,115 Likes on 797 Posts

Imagine playing NFS porsche unleashed on that thing ? you could go a whole winter playing, hop back in your car go to the track and not miss a beat .
Old 10-27-2005, 09:43 AM
fryd
Burning Brakes

I've got Forza Motorsports which has every good track in the world (except Canadian ones!) for XBox. Problem is that it's an older XBox which only has a simple video out cable as well as an SVideo output. The Vidikron only takes DVI and Component inputs. You should see NASCAR in HD coming through DVI. Amazing!

Quick Reply: The Best Buy Rant