Notices

911SC Mechanics in Vancouver

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 02:54 PM
jfk308
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 911SC Mechanics in Vancouver

I need to have some oil leaks repaired on my 911SC. I'd appreciate feedback from anyone who has dealt with Targa Performance in North Van., or Weissach in Vancouver. Weissach seems to have a good reputation, but I think it's expensive. Any feeback on Targa ? Any alternatives ?
Old 10-21-2005, 12:12 PM
jcjblo
Intermediate

Try Fred of Flatsix Motorwerks(formerly Eurosports) at 604-438-7007. His prices are 50% cheaper and his specialty is aircooled 911s.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:17 AM
ThePointman
Intermediate

Default Vancouver Porsche repair shop

All of the records that came with my car are from Targa and Scan Automotive in Vancouver. Scan was the most recently used and the owner I bought the car from highly recommended them. I can provide a phone number if you wish
Old 10-22-2005, 02:31 AM
jgrant
Burning Brakes

Can't speak highly enough of Stuart and his team at Weissach... they may seem expensive, but they are GOOD. And fair. They won't steer you wrong, and give advice with your best interest at heart.

They're also a big PCA supporter, and sponsor our autocross events and run some great track days in Vancouver, Seattle, and Thunder Hill.

They're also holding a tech night on the 17th of November, where we're upgrading my clutch, etc. (Drop by and meet them yourself!)

See http://pca.jeffgrant.com for details.

Oh... not to say that Mike at Targa isn't good as well... that's where I initially took my car. He was great... just didn't recognize my car for what it was (What's a DP 935?) whereas Stu came out and said "Hey! You've got a DP!". Clinched it right there for me. (That, and they're 6 blocks from where I live).
Old 10-23-2005, 06:04 PM
jfk308
Advanced

Thanks Jeff, I appreciate your input. In your experience, how much more expensive is Weissach than Targa ?
Old 10-23-2005, 06:53 PM
jgrant
Burning Brakes

I can't really remember how much of a difference it is... it was so long ago, and price wasn't the reason I changed, so I'm a little foggy. Targa did the original mechanical work to get my US car legal in Canada/BC, as well as my post-purchase PPI (I bought it from a friend with no PPI), and some minor fix-it list type stuff. Mike even came and picked me up from the SeaBus terminal when my car was over there.

I don't think the price difference is anything drastic... like $15 per hour or something like that.... but don't take my word for it, as I could be VERY wrong. I'd suggest giving them both a call and asking them.

Once again, the reasons I went to Weissach are:
--> they recognized the car for what it was, whereas Targa asked "Where'd you get the body kit from?"
--> They're 8 blocks from my home
--> They are a major sponsor of a lot of PCA events, like AutoCross, track days, etc.
--> They open up their shop to PCA events, like the upcoming tech night on the 17th of November
--> They give a 10% PCA discount

I'm a new but active member of the PCA this year, and believe in helping out or showing support to the companies that support the PCA, and Weissach is very much on the top of my list.

$0.02
Old 10-25-2005, 10:34 PM
creaturecat
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Frank Allers in N. Vancouver is a good option. Weissach is great, however slightly more expensive.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:09 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Weissach all the way. They did the work on my 944TS, the 964 Turbo and the 993 Turbo. Even when things go wrong (when you've been going somewhere for 10 years, things go wrong at some point), they always make things right without fuss. That is the true test.

Quick Reply: 911SC Mechanics in Vancouver