Notices

Looking for a good Porsche Race shop

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 11:26 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alon
I saw your car at Pfaff and the suspension bits that you're having installed. Dirk Dunschede is the tech who is working on the car and he's the right guy for the job since he wrenches for the Fiorano team at races. You'll be happy with his work as long he can put in the hours necessary to do everything right.
why are you always hovering around pfaff??
Old 09-03-2005, 06:11 PM
Alon
Three Wheelin'

Why are you always hovering around my posts?
Old 09-04-2005, 07:54 AM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by Alon
Why are you always hovering around my posts?
because you are so hot i cant stand it
Old 10-13-2005, 08:34 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Originally Posted by NOBLEGT3
fiorano. dont bother anywhere else
Do they have a website? I did a google search and found everything but their shop.

My 993 Turbo is in need of either a slave or master cylinder

Thanks!
Farzaan
Old 10-13-2005, 10:30 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by fc-racer
Do they have a website? I did a google search and found everything but their shop.

My 993 Turbo is in need of either a slave or master cylinder

Thanks!
Farzaan
no but courtney at fiorano works fast and perfectly.. call him 905 850 7600...tell him jason sent you and if you arent happy i will pay your bill
Old 10-13-2005, 11:17 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Originally Posted by NOBLEGT3
no but courtney at fiorano works fast and perfectly.. call him 905 850 7600...tell him jason sent you and if you arent happy i will pay your bill
Now that's an amazing endorsement!!! I will call him tomorrow and book an appointment, I hope they are open on the weekend so I can drop the car off. Would hate to have the cylinder completely fail in rush hour during the weekday, I don't know if I could handle the embarrassment...
Old 10-14-2005, 12:36 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
Fiorano I liked but still a thosand bucks to replace two ball joints ( remaned control arms ).
i had the same thing when i went 2 G-TEK. 1000$ to replace joints on all 4 corners. **** that was an expensive day...
Old 10-14-2005, 01:24 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Now that's an amazing endorsement!!! I will call him tomorrow and book an appointment, I hope they are open on the weekend so I can drop the car off. Would hate to have the cylinder completely fail in rush hour during the weekday, I don't know if I could handle the embarrassment...
they are and courtney does pick up and delivery if needed
Old 10-14-2005, 03:52 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Initial contact with Fiorano has been an extremely positive experience. Courtney is going to pick up my car this weekend and he's going to loan me a car to use as well!!! He thinks the problem may be the accumulator rather than the slave (I pray that it is the accumulator as the slave is considerably more expensive from what I recall).

Thanks for the recommendation Jason, I'll let you know how it turns out when all is said and done.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:34 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Initial contact with Fiorano has been an extremely positive experience. Courtney is going to pick up my car this weekend and he's going to loan me a car to use as well!!! He thinks the problem may be the accumulator rather than the slave (I pray that it is the accumulator as the slave is considerably more expensive from what I recall).

Thanks for the recommendation Jason, I'll let you know how it turns out when all is said and done.
great im happy
Old 10-31-2005, 09:13 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

I wanted to close the loop on this for those who may search for a good shop in Toronto in the future. Courtney and Fiorano were awesome to deal with. I'm used to a very high level of service from the shop I used in Vancouver so I have high expectations, but Courtney matched or beat all of them.

He picked the car up from my place downtown, kept me informed of the progress as he determined what was wrong and then charged me a rate that I thought was on the low side of what I considered fair. I think that is the first time I've ever budgeted more than what the actual bill was. He then proceeded to drop the car off at my place downtown! The repair has solved the problem and there has been no after work required.

I cannot think of any way he could have made the service any better. Thanks for the recommendation, my car will go to Fiorano from now on.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:19 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

Courtney is the best.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:07 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

i always had courtney prepare and service my GT3 and never had an issue at any track up here or in the US
Old 11-01-2005, 12:19 PM
GREEK-TURBO-RACER
Pro

Let me say this, not only is Courtney a good mechanic, he is nice to explain things calmly and clearly on what ever problem a car has. Knowing him for 10 years, he has always been great to work with. He has good knowledge from the racing end as well. He and Giovanni have worked together for a long, long time. Giovanni has taught him a lot. Too bad the current place was a little small for the auto service and the racing shop to be together. So Giovanni had to go back to the old location at 400 & Finch where he is doing all the track and street mod work like he did before. Two great guys that's for sure.

Theo
Old 11-01-2005, 12:54 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by GREEK-TURBO-RACER
Let me say this, not only is Courtney a good mechanic, he is nice to explain things calmly and clearly on what ever problem a car has. Knowing him for 10 years, he has always been great to work with. He has good knowledge from the racing end as well. He and Giovanni have worked together for a long, long time. Giovanni has taught him a lot. Too bad the current place was a little small for the auto service and the racing shop to be together. So Giovanni had to go back to the old location at 400 & Finch where he is doing all the track and street mod work like he did before. Two great guys that's for sure.

Theo
just to clarify, Giovanni concentrates on race stuff and courtney does street, Track day, race and general work stuff.

Quick Reply: Looking for a good Porsche Race shop