Notices

Help in Halifax!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 04:18 PM
Mike in N.S.
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help in Halifax!

Hello everyone. This is my first post, but won't be my last! I recently bought a early '85 944, and I need a few things looked at. BTW, this is the first Porsche I have ever had. The problem is, I do not know anyone here in Halifax that works on Porsches. I believe there is going to be a new Porsche dealership opening here in a few months, but someone out there must know "someone" I could take it to before then. I enjoy reading all the posts here, and Rennlist is certainly a wealth of information. Hopefully someone can help! Thanks!
Old 07-27-2005, 12:12 AM
DANdeMAN
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check him out, he lives in N.S. https://rennlist.com/forums/members/17061-garth-s.html
Old 07-27-2005, 04:47 AM
the_Wolf
Advanced

Mike -

I think the Porsche dealership for Halifax fell through - Rob Steele was awarded the franchise tentatively in July of '04 but after running the numbers once he had details on the specifics (Porsche wanted a specific showroom design, etc. (as expected)), his number crunchers decided that it was not feasible (I hear that he would have needed to move at least 50 new units per year at a $10,000 profit/unit to make it feasible). Anyways, the end result is that it appears that there will be no Halifax dealership. There used to be a guy across from Harrington's Volkswagen off of Kempt Rd. that worked on Porsche - I believe his name was Chuck Bezanson but since I moved out of Halifax 8 yrs. ago, I'm not sure if he's still there - I haven't bothered to take a look at any point when I've been in town lately. You might also want to try contacting some of the PCA members (Acadia region) in Halifax to see if they can point you in the right direction. Good Luck.......

- John
Old 07-27-2005, 11:35 AM
Mike in N.S.
4th Gear

Thanks for the information. I will be going to Kempt Road this afternoon to take a look around. I appreciate the help!

Mike
Old 08-03-2005, 11:18 PM
DerkBarrington
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

halifax import auto is on stairs street off kempt road in halifax ...chuck worked on my 944 and did ok work
Old 08-07-2005, 10:51 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I have had all my servicing done by Burt Page at Eurowerks on MacIntosh street.

Very nice guy - really knows his stuff. He bought all the tools etc. from Dexter's Audi when they stopped servicing Porsche's so is well equipped too.

Marc
(join Acadia PCA - there is a track day at AMP this weekend - Aug 13/14 - if you want to hang out amongst p-car's).
Old 08-08-2005, 07:55 PM
Mike in N.S.
4th Gear

Thanks Marc,

From what I've heard, Burt is the man. Although I hear he is a bit expensive, I will take the car to him as I hear he is also a "really good guy."

Thanks for the advice.

Mike

Originally Posted by Marc Shaw
I have had all my servicing done by Burt Page at Eurowerks on MacIntosh street.

Very nice guy - really knows his stuff. He bought all the tools etc. from Dexter's Audi when they stopped servicing Porsche's so is well equipped too.

Marc
(join Acadia PCA - there is a track day at AMP this weekend - Aug 13/14 - if you want to hang out amongst p-car's).
Old 08-13-2005, 10:11 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by the_Wolf
Mike -

I think the Porsche dealership for Halifax fell through - Rob Steele was awarded the franchise tentatively in July of '04 but after running the numbers once he had details on the specifics (Porsche wanted a specific showroom design, etc. (as expected)), his number crunchers decided that it was not feasible (I hear that he would have needed to move at least 50 new units per year at a $10,000 profit/unit to make it feasible). Anyways, the end result is that it appears that there will be no Halifax dealership. ...- John
John, I spent this afternoon talking to the new Sales Manager at the Haifax Porsche dealership and one of their mechanics too.

The dealership is apparently going ahead and plans to open in September.

Marc
Old 08-15-2005, 01:09 PM
the_Wolf
Advanced

Originally Posted by Marc Shaw
John, I spent this afternoon talking to the new Sales Manager at the Haifax Porsche dealership.........

Marc
Excellent news!!!! Its about frigging time - Atlantic Canada has been left out in the dark as far as an "official" Porsche presence for too long (pretty much since Carriage Lane Fine Cars closed on Bedford Highway in the early nineties). Dexter's was a temporary, last ditch effort at best. Are they still going to put it across the street from BMW on Kempt, or have they changed plans again?

- John

Last edited by the_Wolf; 08-15-2005 at 02:29 PM.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:15 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

It'll be located where the Hyundai dealership used to be .

Marc
Old 05-25-2013, 07:04 PM
magicfan
Advanced

I need to find out too if there is any Porsche dealership or someone who can work on a Porsche and knows what he is doing.
I have a Cayenne.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:32 AM
dbv1
Burning Brakes

Received 125 Likes on 79 Posts

Holy thread resurrection! 7.5 year old thread. LOL.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:47 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,021 Likes on 726 Posts

That has to be a record for this forum.

Quick Reply: Help in Halifax!