Notices

Both Porsches stolen this morning from home

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 08:43 PM
carbon_00
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Both Porsches stolen this morning from home

Wow..what a way to start the day, get a phone call at 6.30 am by police asking if I drove a grey porsche.."Yes, I do, why?" Officer asks where I parked it last night..."In my garage"..as my stomach sinks...officer asks if I'm sure..."sure, its right there in the .........holy ****....its gone". A I am realizing that my car is gone my wife notices her Cayenne S is missing from the street...

Haha...make a long sad story short...they came through the basement window thru laundry room..bypassed the CHUBB security system ( not pleased at that, at all) and made their way to main floor, helped themselves to both sets of keys, wallets, Motorola Razr, Blackeberry RIM, $9k Panerai watch, sunglasses etc...

Turns out these "pros" didn't realize my key chain had a BOOMERANG fob on it untill they got a few blocks from my house..so they decide to pull into a parking lot rip out the Pioneer AVIC-N1 system, empty anything of value from car, they ripped the BOOMERANG fob from key chain leaving it balanced on the instrument pod and lock car...then for fun they take a screwdriver and proceed to gouge almost every f&*king square inch of the car...and leave in the Cayenne S for parts unknown...

Parking attendent shows up at 6am sees car , calls cops, cops call me, day begins...

Sooooo...we have a POS Ford Explorer as a loaner...my car is looking at a total repaint, I don't want it back so I am in the market for 2 new Porsches...I think I'll get a 997 variant and the wife and kids another Cayenne S...

Anyway...good news is its only material items, none of my family got hurt and I didn't have to invoke my right to defending my home with force...lucky them.

Still, I am pissed ..... I live in a very good neighbourhood, took all the precautions down to security lights, CHUBB etc...moral is..if they want your car, its gone..period...

Cayenne S RIP...you'll be missed, enjoy Eastern Europe...
Old 06-28-2005, 08:48 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Scott ... sorry to hear of your troubles ... sucks the big one.

I would call CHUBB on this one and ask for a detailed explination as to what had failed. Might recover some of your costs.

As a few Cops have told me in the past ... best alarm is a dog! I got one and have had no one try to break in as my neighbours have had. Get a Golden ... good with kids, but will protect and has a loud bark!
Old 06-28-2005, 08:59 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

OK - that $ucks.....

Is there anything I can do to help (well, aside from sending you my Porsche??) I can put out a note to about 250,000 Porsche nuts worldwide - if that can help???

Seriously - let me know.. You are living my worst nightmare. I can't imagine going through what you went through today.....

John D.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:21 PM
carbon_00
Burning Brakes

Hi John, very much appreciate the offer, there is nothing to do but go forth and acquire 2 more Porsches...hahaha...these guys were obviously pros, right down to dumping wallets minus cash and wearing latex gloves etc...

My worst nightmare is them attacking my wife at 3am when our 8 month old needs a bottle in the kitchen where the keys were and I have to shoot and kill some car thief punk and live with that for the rest of my life....so some stolen stuff is a cakewalk to that nightmare...they are the lucky ones this time..but I think that some day they will get caught either by a car nut or a cop...both work for me...

Originally Posted by John D.
OK - that $ucks.....

Is there anything I can do to help (well, aside from sending you my Porsche??) I can put out a note to about 250,000 Porsche nuts worldwide - if that can help???

Seriously - let me know.. You are living my worst nightmare. I can't imagine going through what you went through today.....

John D.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:41 PM
Bill 86.5 928s
Addict
Rennlist Member

My sincere condolences Scott...I'm glad that you and your family were not harmed. You are right , the vehicles can always be replaced . Good-luck....Bill
Old 06-29-2005, 08:23 AM
Alon
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Scott, I still want to try to understand how they got past the home alarm. As for replacing the cars, make sure that you get a new 997 in a very bright and attractive color that way the thieves always keep an eye on you instead of me since I'm two blocks away.

All joking aside, my neighbor accross the street found someone in his laundry room in the basement the other night (or rather exiting from the laundry room and walking up the stairs to leave his house) with a pile of clean clothes that he decided to help himslef to. WTF? We live in a great neighborhood and we pay a premium for it too.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:26 AM
carbon_00
Burning Brakes

They were able to manipulate the contact for the window in some fashion as to render it neutral, that is the window could be slid open and the alarm still thinks its closed..brutal.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:30 AM
Alon
Three Wheelin'

Damn. I'm going to get a motion sensor for the basement. Even if we're home (sleeping) and the alarm is set, the motion should be on in the basaement (that or get some bars for the few basement windows and hide them with blinds).
Old 06-29-2005, 11:17 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Damn Sorry to hear about that Scott.
I have motion sensors in the basement and just about everywhere. I also have sensors on the garage doors and I arm them all at night. The thing about alarms to is that you can have all that installed but people don't turn them on or they bypass the motion sensors at night while they are sleeping just for the convience of being able to walk around when the alarm is on.

Now you have me thinking of where to put my spare key and store my keys at night. Do you have bomerrang 2?
Old 06-29-2005, 11:20 AM
Alon
Three Wheelin'

Jumper5836, Do you have a detached garage as well? How is it being protected? I have often thought about extending the alarm to it but wasn't sure how I would activate/deactivate it when entering or exiting it. Are you suggesting that the garage gets armed at night seperately and manually?
Old 06-29-2005, 11:28 AM
carbon_00
Burning Brakes

Yah, it is the Boomerang 2...nothing in the Cayenne S ....

Originally Posted by jumper5836
Damn Sorry to hear about that Scott.
I have motion sensors in the basement and just about everywhere. I also have sensors on the garage doors and I arm them all at night. The thing about alarms to is that you can have all that installed but people don't turn them on or they bypass the motion sensors at night while they are sleeping just for the convience of being able to walk around when the alarm is on.

Now you have me thinking of where to put my spare key and store my keys at night. Do you have bomerrang 2?
Old 06-29-2005, 11:46 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Alon
Jumper5836, Do you have a detached garage as well? How is it being protected? I have often thought about extending the alarm to it but wasn't sure how I would activate/deactivate it when entering or exiting it. Are you suggesting that the garage gets armed at night seperately and manually?
No I don't have detached garage. But if you do you can still bury and run a conduit
from your basement to the garage. If your garage doen't have electrical power you could add it at the same time, though you don't need power for a motion or contact sensor or a keypad.
If the line gets cut the alarm goes off. I have a 3 min delay set on the garage doors so if I open it I can disarm the system. I believe most systems can set the delay to at least 5 min. You can put a keypad in the garage which allows you to set the activate/deactivate the home alarm including the garage.

You could have the garage on a separate system by adding another card on to your existing system but I don't suggest doing that. The garage can have the audible chimes turned on so when your sitting in the house you will hear it when the alarm isn't armed just like how the doors do.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:54 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by carbon_00
Yah, it is the Boomerang 2...nothing in the Cayenne S ....
Damn, not much use when you keep the car key and boomerang together.

Probably should keep it in your wallet or with your home keys. Some where separate from where you keep the key.

I don't have the boomerang system but was thinking of getting it.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:00 PM
carbon_00
Burning Brakes

From now on I may keep the fob hidden in car..then they can track the rats back to the nest..haha
Old 06-29-2005, 01:06 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Scott ... get a dog ...... best alarm system!

Quick Reply: Both Porsches stolen this morning from home