Notices

Spotted this damaged brand new CGT (pix)...

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 02:01 AM
KLZ
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Spotted this damaged brand new CGT (pix)...

spotted this CGT while picking up a car with my friend today at Pfaff. Heard the damage was done during transportation (this is a $60K CAD damage) and the owner refuse to take deliver..... I wonder who would
Attached Images    
Old 06-23-2005, 01:44 PM
YYC930
Three Wheelin'

Hi Ken.....

Here's my take.....

I don't believe that this damage could have been done during transportation.

I really think that it is dealer handling damage....here's why......I've seen two CGT's come off the trucks that PCNA uses exclusively for this car and they all have elevators on the back and are as fussy as I have ever seen a truck driver in my almost two decades in this bizz.....so it couldn't have happened backing off a truck and grounding out...for example....which is exactly what it looks like.....or being backed into an immovable object by the truckers. I think their detailer or someone smacked a wall.

Anyways...ouch !!
Old 06-23-2005, 02:32 PM
KLZ
Racer

Talking

Originally Posted by YYC930
Hi Ken.....

Here's my take.....

I don't believe that this damage could have been done during transportation.

I really think that it is dealer handling damage....here's why......I've seen two CGT's come off the trucks that PCNA uses exclusively for this car and they all have elevators on the back and are as fussy as I have ever seen a truck driver in my almost two decades in this bizz.....so it couldn't have happened backing off a truck and grounding out...for example....which is exactly what it looks like.....or being backed into an immovable object by the truckers. I think their detailer or someone smacked a wall.

Anyways...ouch !!
hahaha... I 2nd that
Old 06-26-2005, 08:08 PM
kilrgt
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Well you make a great point , this CGT WAS damaged during trasport, It is repaired now and the damage was $80,000.00. I know this to be fact and not fiction, I repeat this WAS transport damage.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:00 AM
carbon_00
Burning Brakes

I also heard this from my salesguy...teh first buyer walked and it has been sold to another buyer...at a great discount...apparently it was not tied down on the truck from the port.

Quick Reply: Spotted this damaged brand new CGT (pix)...