Notices

+ 928s PPI in GTA requested +

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 02:16 PM
thedyingiraffe
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, Millenium. Don't worry about it. If everything is in order and the PPI checks out, you'll pass without any hitch.

I'm a loner when it comes to driving my car, but I get all exited when I see other porsche's. Maybe that's only me! I guess I'm a real fan of the marque.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:49 PM
DANdeMAN
Three Wheelin'

Red face + Update +

OK, here is the lowdown post PPI.
The service manager Seig aka Ziggy from HPCars in Toronto (recomended porsche shop) starts with "very nice car, just came back from the test drive and the car is tight and run smouth", I say exellent and then went on with the bad news : front tires have to be replace - cracks between thread (old tires) - unsafe at highway speed; badly rusted/pited rotor, must replace rotor and pads. I ask him would the car pass a safety with those? he says no, it just did yesterday I say! He was suprised it did..... Hmmmm, PO's friendly neighbourhood shop!? BTW the PO did mention that the rotor would have to be change sometime soon.

Odometre reads 49k...Po did not mention it was replaced (advertised at 190k kilometres)

Engine leaks oil from driver and passenger cam tower seal and not sure if oil is also coming from head gasket on passenger side as there is to much accumulation to pinpoint. Also oil leak from pan. Again not a word from PO on that.

To summerize, I told him what I would pay and asked him if this car was worth it. Is response without hesitation was "all day" meaning for sure go for it! He was downplaying the oil leaks in terms of I may get a couple drops on the ground once in a while.

I don't know, I did not expect to buy tires just to drive it home (they look new in the recent pics) and rotors/pads right away just to pass the safety when I get to my province, witch as goverment outlet for inspection. No friendly corner shops here. I guess I'll have to go and see it for myself and decide what could be done as the original dish wheels and "good" (PO says) set of tires are included ...... We'll see. I'll call him tonight to discuss the PPI.

Coment/advice/suggestion?
Old 06-29-2005, 08:53 PM
thedyingiraffe
Rennlist Member

Yeah, those PPI's sure are important. I'm not an expert on 928's but I'd ask the gurus on the 928 board. I don't know how good the price is, but like the guy said, it can still be a nice deal. I don't think they will remove the wheels at the provincial inspection... Just to tell you, I had a torn CV boot and I still passed the inspection.

M-A
Old 06-30-2005, 01:00 AM
DANdeMAN
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by thedyingiraffe
Yeah, those PPI's sure are important. I'm not an expert on 928's but I'd ask the gurus on the 928 board.
I'm already there.
I don't know how good the price is, but like the guy said, it can still be a nice deal.
$8Kcdn
I don't think they will remove the wheels at the provincial inspection... Just to tell you, I had a torn CV boot and I still passed the inspection.
M-A
Yeah I know, been there last year with a 1973 xj6, its all computerise now but the disks are very well expossed on this one and they do have acces from underneath wich I was told by the PPI tech was very clean.

Contacted the PO tonight and he will bring the car back to is tech, have the engine cleaned to see where the oil is coming from. Full story on the 928 bord. So this deal is not dead yet.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:21 PM
DANdeMAN
Three Wheelin'

Talking

To come back on topic, HPCars is a good shop to have a PPI done in the GTA.
They are very torough(sp?) and there standards are high.
Final cost (for me/yours may vary) was $142.00 + tax = $163.00

Now back to the

Quick Reply: + 928s PPI in GTA requested +