Notices

Another Carrera GT sighting in Vancouver...

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 03:42 AM
Friendan
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Another Carrera GT sighting in Vancouver...

I thought there were only 2 CGT's in Vancouver or something...but on Monday night I saw my first CGT on the road! But it was on a side road in North Vancouver!!!

I was at my acting class at 3rd and Pemberton in NV hangin outside at about 630pm, when a FRICKIN grey CGT drives by right in front of me!!! My god what a beautiful car!!! And what is it doing around there, at that time of day on a road with very little traffic??? It was a guy with dark hair and sunglasses driving...anyone seen him before?

That just made my day right there...
Old 05-12-2005, 02:22 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

The way these CGT's are dropping like flys in all the "wrecked exotics" pictures, I'm surprised that there are any left.

Marc
Old 05-12-2005, 03:00 PM
the_Wolf
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oddly enough, one of the CGTs in Vancouver IS one of the CGTs that has been (mildly) wrecked. Seems the owner is not the most astute driver - he is infamous for his high speed fly-bys and other sundry pubescent antics while piloting his CGT around Vancouver. There are photos of one of his mishaps here:

http://img51.exs.cx/img51/6897/carreragt4lq.jpg
http://img51.exs.cx/img51/4860/carreragtcrashed26fb.jpg

His name is Dick Hardt and he was the founder and CEO of a software company called ActiveState that was sold for a ridiculous amount of (USD $$$) money a couple of years ago. If his car is back together after the mishap detailed above, it may have been the car you spotted.

- John

Last edited by the_Wolf; 05-13-2005 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:27 AM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

All I can say is no matter how much money that guy has if that was his car wrecked in the meridian he is an idiot.

Quick Reply: Another Carrera GT sighting in Vancouver...