+++ Wanted 928/s +++

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 07:54 PM
DANdeMAN
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default +++ Wanted 928/s +++

The shark hunt is on again!
Looking for a 928/s for under $10K in the Toronto - Quebec corridor.
Not looking for a project car. PM me...

===================================

La chasse au requin est re-ouverte!
Recherche 928/s pour moin de $10K corridor Toronto - Quebec.
Ne recherche pas voiture pour project. PM moi...

Thank you / Merci

Daniel G
Ottawa / Gatineau

Last edited by DANdeMAN; 04-12-2005 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:34 PM
Bill 86.5 928s
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Dan....Did you try AutoTrader?...When I was looking for my replacement there were a few for sale in the Montreal, Ottawa area....Good-luck in your hunt, as I bought mine out west in Medicine Hat and shipped it back to Ontario..........
Old 04-12-2005, 07:20 PM
DANdeMAN
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Bill 84 928s
Hello Dan....Did you try AutoTrader?...When I was looking for my replacement there were a few for sale in the Montreal, Ottawa area....Good-luck in your hunt, as I bought mine out west in Medicine Hat and shipped it back to Ontario..........
Hello Bill,

Yes I do look at all the usual places (english & french). They are just starting to come out now. There is a couple in PQ at $10,500 & $11.500, will let them "simer/reflect" a bit before I make contact/offer.
I guess I would consider going farther if it was a "can let it go by" Shark.
Now lets see, Vancouver to Ottawa.....

Cheers
Old 04-12-2005, 09:01 PM
Bill 86.5 928s
Addict
Rennlist Member

Dan...I don't have mine out yet. I bring the 928 out around the end of April. Be patient I'm sure there are some out there. A word of warning if you have never owned one before and that is to have a PPI done prior to purchase. I had a major repair done out west because I could not tell the age of the timing belt that was replaced at 64k kms. I now have 84k and the piece of mind. I know that it is warranted for two years by Porsche Canada.They did more work on it than just replace the belt. There were seals and oil leaks and a water pump, crank main seal, that was " since we have it apart jobs" It was a very expensive repair,and the Porsche people treated me very very fair, but you know all repairs no matter what make, are costly. Oh yeah...I also had a bad tie rod so that was replaced. I am not regretting the purchase, it is a nice car and I'm looking forward to the new season. I drove it from the transport carrier into a garage last November and haven't drove it since......I'm in countdown........ It'll be good to see another shark on the list...Take-care and goodluck............Bill
Old 04-17-2005, 01:00 AM
DANdeMAN
Three Wheelin'

Sorry, this is not a bump,I lost my sig.
I go to the user CP and there is nothing but a show not show sig botton. That is weird!

OK no more sig for non members...

Last edited by DANdeMAN; 05-11-2005 at 08:48 PM.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:51 AM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Dan...I don't have mine out yet. I bring the 928 out around the end of April. Be patient I'm sure there are some out there. A word of warning if you have never owned one before and that is to have a PPI done prior to purchase. I had a major repair done out west because I could not tell the age of the timing belt that was replaced at 64k kms. I now have 84k and the piece of mind. I know that it is warranted for two years by Porsche Canada.They did more work on it than just replace the belt. There were seals and oil leaks and a water pump, crank main seal, that was " since we have it apart jobs" It was a very expensive repair,and the Porsche people treated me very very fair, but you know all repairs no matter what make, are costly. Oh yeah...I also had a bad tie rod so that was replaced. I am not regretting the purchase, it is a nice car and I'm looking forward to the new season. I drove it from the transport carrier into a garage last November and haven't drove it since......I'm in countdown........ It'll be good to see another shark on the list...Take-care and goodluck............Bill

Bill ... as that old Willie Nelson song says "On the Road AGAIN!!!" Just got the beast out and about. How you doing?
Old 04-18-2005, 12:25 AM
Bill 86.5 928s
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Jaak....I'm doin...how about you ? Jumped the gun and brought the 928 home today...now just waiting for some parts and filters before I can take her for a good spin. How did the beast survive the winter? OK I hope.....Mine was OK, had a small fluid leak Tranny fluid I think but all in all she's OK....Took my time and checked her over pulled the fuel relay and let her build up some pressure. It then fired right up purred like a kitten....I need that drive ...the need for speed ....trying desperately to resist...somebody hide the keys..........Bill
Old 04-18-2005, 11:12 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Hey Jaak....I'm doin...how about you ? Jumped the gun and brought the 928 home today...now just waiting for some parts and filters before I can take her for a good spin. How did the beast survive the winter? OK I hope.....Mine was OK, had a small fluid leak Tranny fluid I think but all in all she's OK....Took my time and checked her over pulled the fuel relay and let her build up some pressure. It then fired right up purred like a kitten....I need that drive ...the need for speed ....trying desperately to resist...somebody hide the keys..........Bill
Bill ... mine started after 4 revs and started to purr nicely. I have a PS rack leak that will be fixed this week. Put in some fresh 94 and went for a little spin .... I MISSED MY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The beast survived nicely in a heated storage space ....
Old 05-11-2005, 06:16 PM
DANdeMAN
Three Wheelin'

Lightbulb ++ May go beyond Quebec and Ontarion ++

May go beyond Quebec and Ontarion for the right car...just in case there is one hiding somewhere.

Quick Reply: +++ Wanted 928/s +++