Notices

Racing club to join in Toronto

Old 03-16-2005, 12:48 AM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Racing club to join in Toronto

First off, I'd like to thank this board for always providing awesome answers to all my newbie questions. It's been a huge help!

What is the best run racing club in Toronto. I used to be president of the 380 member VCMC Motorsport Club in Vancouver in 2002&2003 and would like to join a local club that has a good reputation.

I'll be doing mostly Solo II and track events.

My car will be here from Vancouver in late April, early May. It's at Weissach in Vancouver right now having a RUF oil cooler installed and some new tires. Can't wait to drive it again!!!
Old 03-16-2005, 09:59 AM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'd join BARC or TAC as they are CASC affiliated and are 2 of the more popular clubs.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:46 AM
P.Po
Instructor

A complete list of CASC affiliated clubs with contact info -> http://www.casc.on.ca/clubs.php

cheers,
Patrick
Old 03-16-2005, 01:28 PM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Farzaan,

You may want to check out the PCA Canada West Region...They seem to put on a Few Track days at Shannonville...PCA Canada West Region

- How long is your sentence out East ?? I was lookin to do down to the Kumho Challenge at BB this year and looking forward to seeing your TT....You may remember me with the ESP Mustang Coupe from Calgary..
Old 03-16-2005, 08:52 PM
Bob D..
Instructor

Kind of depends on what you want.
TAC, BARC, and other CASC affiliated clubs might be the right choice for racing or Solo, adn rallies. BARC more for racing, TAC leans towards rallying. (I was the founding pres of TAC).
PCA-Upper Canada Region: http://www.pcaucr.org/pcaucr/site/home.jsp
and BMW Trillium Region: http://www.trillium-bmwclub.ca/trill...DriverTraining
both run well-organized DE track days. There is also a racing aspect to both clubs.
Additionally, there is a social aspect to all of them, and you'd have to check them out to see what is to your taste.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:13 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Conekilr
Hey Farzaan,

You may want to check out the PCA Canada West Region...They seem to put on a Few Track days at Shannonville...PCA Canada West Region

- How long is your sentence out East ?? I was lookin to do down to the Kumho Challenge at BB this year and looking forward to seeing your TT....You may remember me with the ESP Mustang Coupe from Calgary..
Hey Peter,

Thanks for the info, I'll check out the club you mentioned and the others in the reply string as well. My "sentence" out east is for at least two years. I'm doing an EMBA at UofT while out here which extended my stay. I'm actually enjoying Toronto a lot, it's a great city with so much diversity.

I'm still planning on attending the Kumho Super Challenge in 2005. I'll likely borrow my friend's GT3 on slicks. I've attended autocross events across North America including US Nationals and I still feel the KSC event is the best run and most fun event. It provides incredible value for the dollar. Kumho's contribution to that event is probably the largest dollar contribution of any grassroots motorsport event in Canada. When you do the numbrs, it's in the tens of thousands for that one weekend!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Racing club to join in Toronto