Vancouver Road Trip - Laguna Seca - May 1st

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 02:24 AM
jgrant
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vancouver Road Trip - Laguna Seca - May 1st

Hey there-

My wife and I are looking at a bit of a road trip and driving down to see the GP event on the May 1st weekend at Laguna Seca ( http://www.laguna-seca.com/Events/index.cfm?EventID=7 ) and were wondering if anyone else was maybe planning on heading down there?

...jeff

Last edited by jgrant; 03-06-2005 at 05:38 AM.
Old 03-14-2005, 01:24 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

too bad... I would love to join if I could... My wife and I will do the reverse trip from California to vancouver this July as I'm going to finally bring my cabrio home!
I did this last year and its a great drive! Just make sure you do 101 as much as possible and have plenty of time and it si much slower way but oh so spectacular!
Have fun, Laguna is a great track!
Old 03-14-2005, 01:36 AM
jgrant
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great advice... I just love the 101 trip... I bought the car in San Diego, and we flew down and drove it back up. It was awesome... cruised all through Big Sur, Carmel, Monteray, etc. Stayed at the Ventana Inn (highly recommended), and a couple of other spas along the way.

I've also done the Vancouver to Redwood City (San Fran) trip a TON over the last 4 years, and it's fun as well. (I do a lot of work with Oracle).

Actually, my avatar is a pic that I took on the Big Sur coast. Of course, I was too infatuated with the car to really pay attention to the crashing surf, rocky coast, etc, but it was only the second day I had it.

Also, I have NEVER seen so many Porsches on the road as I did when driving that stretch... simply amazing.

Quick Reply: Vancouver Road Trip - Laguna Seca - May 1st