Notices

New to list and 911s, from Saskatoon

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 02:59 PM
Rod.
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, Ian. I'm not going to lose sleep over it -- shift happens. ;-) I've seen other postings that recommend Searail, so I'm sure it can go either way.

I did ask my friend, though, to note the mileage on the odo because I have heard of horror stories where some guy in the shipping process decided it would be fum to joy ride the car they were moving. You can be sure I'll have a good look at the car when it arrives. It'll also be going right into the shop for an inspection before I can get it insured here.
Old 03-19-2005, 03:23 PM
imcarthur
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Searail was my default when I shipped, so I would have used them anyway. My problem with them, was transport to & from the railyard. I would have had to hire truckers at both ends to do door to door. It was just too complicated.

Good luck & post pictures when she sits at home.

Ian

BTW It was clear & dry today so I took mine out for a quick blast today. I think it got faster over the winter from resting.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:57 PM
DGaunt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried many suppliers over the last 15 years, and have pretty much settled on two:
Parts Heaven for new and used parts (nice, clean California parts with no rust--ask for Jeff)
Engine Builders Supply (EBS) for engine parts and ancilliaries.

I find Pelican expensive, buy Waynes says he has to pay for the Web site. I suggest you compare service and price, then decide on your own. I do however reccoment Wayne's two books, 101 Projects for your Porsche; and his 911 engine rebuild book. They are both excellent, especially the engine book.

Usual disclaimers, no affiliiation, just happy customer.

Good luck with your new baby. I have had a '76 for 15 years and will be glad to help with anything you need.

Oh, and join PCA. It is worth it just for the magazine.

Quick Reply: New to list and 911s, from Saskatoon