Solo I classification

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 05:44 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solo I classification

could someone who currently participates in Solo I please help me figure out what class i would be placed in. I saw in the list of cars that it says the 3.6L Porsche 911 Carrera 2002 is in SuperTouring 2 i believe (second highest category). Are the 3.4L carrera's also in the same category?

the following performance mods have been/will be added:

*PSS9's
*CF hood
*Bypass pipes
Maybe: ECU tune

how will these effect my classification?
would running MPSC's or other DOT approved race tires effect classificatioin?

also, i havn't heard of any sound level limitations on cayuga, shanonville or mosport...none that are enforced at least. Are there any, and will i pass them will bypass pipes on?

and last but not least, can you recommend a CASC club to join, which ones have you folks signed up too?
Old 03-03-2005, 04:55 AM
Z06
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Cayuga has a sound limit...which they check.....they are also closed....i think i have read somewhere that the new track in that area has had a local residential noise complaint which may close that place as well....they are still waiting.

Tires do not affect your class...go to the Ontario Solo 1 web site and email the registar or post something on there forum.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:50 AM
JLJ

Originally Posted by Z06
Cayuga has a sound limit...which they check.....they are also closed....i think i have read somewhere that the new track in that area has had a local residential noise complaint which may close that place as well....they are still waiting.

Tires do not affect your class...go to the Ontario Solo 1 web site and email the registar or post something on there forum.
its not called cayuga its toronto motorsports park and they are apparently good to go now. dunnville autodrome is also good to go
Old 03-22-2005, 11:41 AM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

^ yep. calabogie is the only place that is being delayed due to noise :@.

if any of you r doing soloI i'll be in SGT3, at least this season.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:23 PM
djazzy99
Instructor

TMP is still closed due to "Zoning permits and license problems". they had a representative at speedorama this weekend in London who told me this. If you want to know where you car will be, throw up a thread on http://racing.kos.net/soloforums/ and you will get a load of replies, maybe see you out there this season
Old 03-28-2005, 07:31 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

i don't know why TMP is having problems with their permits.

there's nothing around...and even then its just farms.

TMP has been there for decades...probably longer than most of those people. why the hell would you move near a race track and expect it to be as quiet as arkensas..
Old 03-28-2005, 09:51 PM
djazzy99
Instructor

When the town became a "town", the drag strip was already there. thats why we get a bloody noise gun while they run jet cars all day long on the same day! brutal isnt it. Also, the guy who built the track, [after the drag strip was already there] did not bother to ask for/get a permit from the town, and basically told them where to go when they wanted one. so they finally got him closed down last yr.

unfortunate really, it was the 1st track i ever raced on. now, there is a supposed "new rule" about licenses which they have to get and TMP road coarse doesnt have. this license business was all i could get from the less than friendly/enthusiastic TMP rep. that was at the horrible show i attended this weekend.

Quick Reply: Solo I classification