Notices

carrera gt got impounded

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 06:58 PM
Meeyatch1
Instructor

Location: Fishers, Indiana (USA) and Barrie, Ontario (Canada)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cannot get the pictures to show up...
Old 10-09-2004, 07:00 PM
jgrant
Burning Brakes

Hey there-

I can verify that this guy is a COMPLETE MORON for driving the way he has. My brother-in-law owns a restaurant in Yaletown (part of Vancouver), called Brix (coincidentally used in the last 2 Porsche commercials), and we were having dinner one night when a car goes by so fast that you can't even tell what colour it was from inside the courtyard of the restaurant. My wife was out having a smoke at the street, and she described this car as whipping by like it was at the Indy.

For those of you that don't know the area, Yaletown (specifically Homer street), is a 4 lane, one way street, with parking on both sides. It was estimated by about 15 people on the street that he was easily doing 160 km/h. EVERYONE thought he should have been shot/flogged/****-kicked, as it was beyond mere "speeding"... it was death waiting to happen.

It is a very heavy pedestrian area, and he was speeding through a crosswalk.

As much as I love the car, this moron shouldn't ever be allowed to drive it.

$0.02 (CDN)

...jeff
Old 10-10-2004, 11:04 AM
Meeyatch1
Instructor

Location: Fishers, Indiana (USA) and Barrie, Ontario (Canada)

Originally Posted by jgrant
Hey there-

I can verify that this guy is a COMPLETE MORON for driving the way he has. My brother-in-law owns a restaurant in Yaletown (part of Vancouver), called Brix (coincidentally used in the last 2 Porsche commercials), and we were having dinner one night when a car goes by so fast that you can't even tell what colour it was from inside the courtyard of the restaurant. My wife was out having a smoke at the street, and she described this car as whipping by like it was at the Indy.

For those of you that don't know the area, Yaletown (specifically Homer street), is a 4 lane, one way street, with parking on both sides. It was estimated by about 15 people on the street that he was easily doing 160 km/h. EVERYONE thought he should have been shot/flogged/****-kicked, as it was beyond mere "speeding"... it was death waiting to happen.

It is a very heavy pedestrian area, and he was speeding through a crosswalk.

As much as I love the car, this moron shouldn't ever be allowed to drive it.

$0.02 (CDN)

...jeff

....and you are saying this was the same guy, yes??
Old 10-10-2004, 03:35 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

I know Yaletown and I can't believe that anyone would be stupid enough to drive that speed with all the pedestrians around there. This guy should be locked up.
Old 10-10-2004, 07:59 PM
jgrant
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Meeyatch1
....and you are saying this was the same guy, yes??
There is only 1 CGT in Vancouver, and 2 guys from a next-door pub said that was what it was (they were car nuts and were educating the people who thought it was a Ferrari), so while I don't know for sure, based on the uniqueness of the car and the Mountain Hwy. story and the similar dangerous/stupid driving patterns I saw in Yaletown, I believe it was the same guy.
Old 10-12-2004, 11:44 PM
creaturecat
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

my wife has a store in Yaletowm......disturbing.

Quick Reply: carrera gt got impounded