Notices

ALMS at Mosport

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 10:40 AM
P.Po
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALMS at Mosport

Just a quick note saying that myself, along with other Porsche Fans and friends will be camping at the inside of corner three this weekend at Mosport.

Feel free to drop by and say hi. I will not have any of my Porsches out that far as it is difficult to get to by car. But I will have my beige 1992 4-door Passat beater out there......

Lots of great racing this weekend at Mosport.

-Patrick
Old 08-06-2004, 12:54 PM
Alon
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be there on SUnday.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:29 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

I made the mistake of taking the GT3 most of the way to turn 5....turned it around and parked it near the gate past 3 towards 4. Thankfully it didn't rain as it would have had a nice holiday there until it dried up a few days later. Great race. Watched it from 5 then from 2 and 1.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:54 AM
JLJ

ok...watching is lame...lets rent a track soon
Old 08-10-2004, 11:03 AM
P.Po
Instructor

The best races where the Honda Michelin race and the last Speedvision GT race. The GT race was great to watch from the inside of 3 looking towards 2. It was hilarious to hear Phil McLure coming up to 2, blow his engine, then coast to a stop right in front of me. That is the same place the Viper hit the wall.....

The Speedvision GT and tourring series where really the best to watch. The ALMS had a small field and I was disappointed that the Lambos did not make it out. Anybody know why?

-Patrick
Old 08-10-2004, 11:40 AM
fryd
Burning Brakes

Lambos apparently had some form of mechanical problems that prevented them from going out on Saturday and qualifying. Maybe they didn't want to risk the cars on Sunday starting from last on the grid, but it's sure an expensive trip north when the cars don't even start. THat's the problem with ALMS...there isn't enough competition between manufacturers in each class....P's are mostly Audis. GTS is all about Corvette and GT is all Porsche. Speed GT was fun to watch cuz there were about 8 different car makes out there.
Old 08-14-2004, 12:56 PM
nju
7th Gear

the Lambos left because .....

http://www.theracesite.com/index.cfm...m_article=7776

Quick Reply: ALMS at Mosport