Notices

BAD FUEL and the wrong speedo.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 01:58 AM
adie
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking BAD FUEL and the wrong speedo.

I finally got my cars back and straight through a safty, unfortunatly they had to drain the tanks to ship them so I thought no worries, my neighbour had just filled up his jerry can so I borrowed it to get the car to and from the testing station, on the way back I thought i'd hit the throttle and have some fun and nothing except poping and banging. Now I don't usually pay a lot of interest at teh octane rating at the pumps but this time I went back and found it to be 85 octane. i usually put in unleaded (UK 94 octane ir there abouts), or if I'm feeling rich, super unleaded (96). So I had to do a quick fill up with 91 and dump a bottle of old octane booster I had in the trunk and after a quick blast down Kingston all apears well again, Looks like I'll be buying th good stuff for that one, I have also revealed the requirement of a radar dector as the car won't stick to the speed limit, I was definatly not pushing it as I joined the Expressway and I was at 100 then, feeling quite pleased with myself I started wondering why everyone was going so slow, at 80 I dropped from to second and nailed it past the slow people hogging the outside lane only to suddenly realise I was back on MPH not KMH so with a tear in my eye i had to back off from the 120 down to something like 60 MPH, whats that all about!! A few jaws dropped as I passed the redneck crew looking for something that resembled a CHEVUICK roaring down the road, only to find the passanger driving the thing that didn't quite sound how it ought to. I think I must have the only right hand drive V8 porsche in Canada and I don't think the locals quite know what to make of it, I not sure I've seen any other right hand drive cars here but maybe I'm not looking hard enough.
Old 07-07-2004, 12:43 PM
P.Po
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right hand drive cars are few and far between here in Canada. I have seen maybe 3 in the last 10 years, but they do exist!

-Patrick

Quick Reply: BAD FUEL and the wrong speedo.