Major collision Sauble Beach....928 Bad shape

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 06:15 PM
Bill 86.5 928s
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Major collision Sauble Beach....928 Bad shape

This really sucks.....my 928 is wrecked ....I T-boned a olds as he tried to pull a U-turn ...I had no chance 20 feet of skid then bang.....I'm so angry.....I was doing about 60kms when we hit......luckily no one was seriously injured but my pride and joy ,my countless hours of toil for the last three years is wrecked......Thanks everyone ...
Old 07-04-2004, 11:02 PM
Rally Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow - total bummer.

Glad to hear you're okay - but I can only imagine your heartbreak.

Hopefully insurance coverage allows you get something nice. There are epic threads in the 944 forum on how to get top $$$ for your wrecked Porsche.

Let us know how it goes and what you get.

RK
Old 07-05-2004, 02:18 AM
adie
Pro

And if you were in a caviler, you would be toast, if you could get one to go that fast. It's honestly a shell that protected your valuable skin and bones and as you can type it more than did it's job, not a nice way to look at it but remember I work in an ICU, the car did well, it crumpled and you didn't. I have a spare 944 that you could try and squeeze your engine into (mine arrived from the UK a week ago and due the safty tomorrow.
Sorry to hear about the car but glad your OK, just think upgrade, new sheet metal, lights and maybe some new rims, hell maybe a new car just for theraputic purposes of course.
Old 07-05-2004, 09:38 AM
carbon_00
Burning Brakes

Hi Bill,

Are you the Bill in Owen Sound that works for Rogers I met last week?

Sorry about the car, sucks. Is insurance going to buy you a new one?
Old 07-05-2004, 11:55 AM
Bill 86.5 928s
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yupp....same guy...spent wk-end at the rv camp with my wife( I have to make that clear, as I was driving my mistress)lol....The gentleman was a local, impatient to wait for a traffic lineup at a light so decided to pull a U-turn and I caught him broadside...there was only 20 feet of skid so I had little time to stop...I as well as other people were amazed as to how severe his vehicle was compared to my damage...these things are built to survive...right now I'm experiencing minor aches and pains as well as my wife some bruising from the seat belts but we are in good shape considering the experience. If it comes to repairing the 928 who would you recommend?...I don't know if any of the locals here have much experience with the Porsche and I'd like it repaired right. I'm sure you know what I mean, I've spent hours and hours on this beast and it has become very special to me. I'm still waiting to hear from the insurance company. I called in my claim yesterday and was told someone would notify me...well that's the pits but life goes on. I'm thankful that no one was seriously injured or deceased because of this. Thanks for your kind words, you are right ....IT SUCKS....big time ............Bill
Old 07-05-2004, 12:59 PM
P.Po
Instructor

Bill,

That really sucks. Sorry to hear about it!!

The sad thing is that I don;t think there are too many cars like yours still on the road.

One thing you should look into is getting the insurance compnay to pay you for the damage/write-off and then buy the car back from them. You can make a lot of money by parting out one of those cars. Also, you can use your old car for parst for your new one! If you engine was in great shape, and was not danaged by the crash, you should seriously consider this option.

-Patrick
Old 07-05-2004, 01:42 PM
Bill 86.5 928s
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Patrick....So far it looks like the insurance is going to fix it. That being said of course the body shop has not given an estimate yet. I'll have to wait for their response. I'll keep your suggestion though in mind. Thanks..

Bill
Old 07-05-2004, 01:49 PM
carbon_00
Burning Brakes

Bill, check your email on this board
Old 07-05-2004, 03:52 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If the frame is bent it's probably a write-off. Try Jack at Gtek, he works on 928s a lot. I would take it to a Porsche shop before a body shop, you can take it anywhere you want, you know.

He's at 416-755-7884

I wrote off a 944 S several years ago with Primmum, they wanted $7K for it afterwards! Normally, they only want 15 to 20 % of the value.
Old 07-05-2004, 04:58 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bill ... sorry to hear of your misfortune ... it's good that you and yours are doing fine. Hopefully the shark will back on the road .... here's hoping for good fortunes

Jaak Lepson
Old 07-06-2004, 12:41 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default From Crusty

From yer buddy Rick "Crusty"

Kill Bill VOL. 3?

Jaak Lepson
Old 07-06-2004, 07:57 PM
Bill 86.5 928s
Addict
Rennlist Member

HA HA HA Jaak.......thats funny.......Bill
Old 07-10-2004, 01:27 AM
randyrap
Instructor

Hey Bill.

Just read your post. My father-in-law saw the wreckage. He was in Sauble (Woodlands Park) that week. He came home and told me all about the accident. He said the cars were a mess.

Glad to hear that you are alright. I'll have to pass on the info to him that there were no fatalities as he sure thought there were.

Randy
Old 07-11-2004, 08:06 PM
Bill 86.5 928s
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hello Randy....sorry about the late response to your message...and thanks. We were quite lucky I'd say but I think a big thankyou goes to the engineering staff that designed the 928. My damage was nothing compared to his. Tell your dad that I also was at Woodland Park and was just leaving to go home. I have a trailer there and have been there about 15 years now. Well thanks for your concern and I'll keep the board updated. Right now the Insurance is getting its quote from the repair shop. We'll just have to play by ear for now. Take care.........Bill
Old 07-11-2004, 10:27 PM
randyrap
Instructor

Hi Bill.

My in-laws (Doug and Mary-Lou) have been there for 13 years (in the back section). Lot #788.

We often go up there and use their trailer. If you want, stop by and say hello. My in-laws are great people.

Bye for now ............................. Randy

Quick Reply: Major collision Sauble Beach....928 Bad shape