Service recommendations GTA for 992S

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2024, 10:04 AM
job511
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Service recommendations GTA for 992S

Hello all,

original owner from 2020 with 16000km. The vehicle is due for servicing and the warranty is done August 2024. Start to think about servicing outside of the dealership.

Was quoted $1550+tax for oil change and spark plug replacement by dealership or $900 for oil change.
SpeedStar quoted $550 for oil change plus inspection.

Dealership also suggests major service @ 2800 plus tax in order to qualify for extended warranty. Vehicle is running great, not sure if extended warranty is needed. opinions?

Any other recommendations other than buy a new vehicle with fresh warranty?

Thanks in advnace
Old 07-06-2024, 05:02 PM
rensoyka
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 108 Posts

there's no doubt that these cars are hellish expensive to service when things go wrong. I've had mine for 2 years now and the CPO ends soon. I will not be paying $2000+ per year for extended CPO. the car has been perfect outside of regular service and a new battery. sure things can happen, but I figure that I'll chance it. car could just as easy be a write-off in an accident. also I have added a softronic tune and DSC suspension controller and I know that the dealer won't be happy with that. there are people who trade in for new whenever their warranty expires, that's one way however it doesn't negate regular servicing expenses. personally I'd save the warranty cost and major service cost. keep up the proper service and don't abuse the vehicle and it will last a long time, track cars not included.

one thing to add, what would you plan to buy as a new vehicle? eventually porsche is likely going to make either all electric or hybrid cars and they will be far more than you paid for your 992.1. in that regard unless my car gets destroyed I will keep it until I die, hopefully at least 15 years. buying new does give you the opportunity to either switch models or even brands.
Old 07-06-2024, 09:21 PM
gcurnew
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 786 Posts

If you are still inside the original 4-year warranty and you have had the dealer perform the 1-, 2- and 3-year services, you can purchase the Porsche extended warranty with no inspection required - and without having to do the 4-year Major Service beforehand.
The following users liked this post:
RealityGT (07-07-2024)

Quick Reply: Service recommendations GTA for 992S