Notices

Shop recommendation in Toronto/around North York?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2024, 08:28 AM
toastedhalfbagel
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Shop recommendation in Toronto/around North York?

Searched around the forum but most posts on the topic are several years old, so wanted to ask again in case things have changed.

What shops do you guys recommend in/around Toronto? I’m in North York, so the closer to here the better.

It’s for a ‘99 996, fairly new to me. Last time I took it to Gtek because that’s where the previous owner used to go, but it’s a bit of a drive for me especially during rush hour. I’ve also read that their prices tend to be higher compared to elsewhere, though I certainly don’t mind paying for quality work.

Won’t have access to a proper garage/tools at least for a while even for simpler things like an oil change, so hoping to find a shop I could build a relationship/record with for the coming year. What’s the usual going rate for an oil change these days?

Thanks in advance!

Old 02-27-2024, 10:44 AM
Bud Fox
Burning Brakes

Received 238 Likes on 158 Posts

go to hunter, oil on a 996 is easy with rhino ramps
Old 02-27-2024, 07:57 PM
olegd
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 158 Posts

Strictly European Motors is by Keele and Finch. Marco knows these cars well and their prices are reasonable. They are pretty busy so plan ahead!
Old 02-28-2024, 12:32 PM
Cityfisher
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Bud Fox
agreed. super easy. Don't even need to jack up the car!
Old 02-28-2024, 12:33 PM
Aluffman
Instructor

Received 101 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by msykr
Searched around the forum but most posts on the topic are several years old, so wanted to ask again in case things have changed.

What shops do you guys recommend in/around Toronto? I’m in North York, so the closer to here the better.

It’s for a ‘99 996, fairly new to me. Last time I took it to Gtek because that’s where the previous owner used to go, but it’s a bit of a drive for me especially during rush hour. I’ve also read that their prices tend to be higher compared to elsewhere, though I certainly don’t mind paying for quality work.

Won’t have access to a proper garage/tools at least for a while even for simpler things like an oil change, so hoping to find a shop I could build a relationship/record with for the coming year. What’s the usual going rate for an oil change these days?

Thanks in advance!
are you in the gta 996 what's app chat? Good resource if youre not
Old 03-04-2024, 08:06 AM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 225 Likes on 146 Posts

If you don’t mind a bit of a drive out to Oakville try Mantis Racing.
Old 03-04-2024, 09:06 PM
toastedhalfbagel
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Bud Fox
Originally Posted by STALKER99
If you don’t mind a bit of a drive out to Oakville try Mantis Racing.
Heard great things about both Hunter and Mantis, but they're unfortunately way far out West from me.

Originally Posted by olegd
Strictly European Motors is by Keele and Finch. Marco knows these cars well and their prices are reasonable. They are pretty busy so plan ahead!
I will give them a call for a quote! Looking to do some maintenance work like water pump, expansion tank, etc. I'd be interested to comapre their labour cost compared to GTek.

Originally Posted by Aluffman
are you in the gta 996 what's app chat? Good resource if youre not
I am not, but I'd love to join! How do I go about doing that? Thanks!

Old 03-04-2024, 10:36 PM
Cityfisher
Racer

Can also try Auto Select in newmarket IF you want to make your way north.
Old 03-05-2024, 02:10 PM
steam_mill
Burning Brakes

Received 283 Likes on 161 Posts

I do a lot of my own work. Had a perplexing no start issue last spring. All the regulars were backlogged. Decided to try Chariots of Simcoe in Orangeville - only a $65 uber ride from GTA.

He fixed my car - was reasonable. I would go to him again. Nice guy too. Old school Porsche mechanic from UK. Was thoroughly impressed. Knows 996's quite well too. I have an '03.
Old 03-05-2024, 02:33 PM
Cityfisher
Racer

Originally Posted by steam_mill
I do a lot of my own work. Had a perplexing no start issue last spring. All the regulars were backlogged. Decided to try Chariots of Simcoe in Orangeville - only a $65 uber ride from GTA.

He fixed my car - was reasonable. I would go to him again. Nice guy too. Old school Porsche mechanic from UK. Was thoroughly impressed. Knows 996's quite well too. I have an '03.
I may bring my car to him once it's out of CPO, spoke with him last week. Nice guy.

Quick Reply: Shop recommendation in Toronto/around North York?