Notices

Cayenne GTS 30,000km review

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2024, 08:30 AM
RDMcG
Rennlist Member

Received 859 Likes on 453 Posts

Originally Posted by Overdraft
Could you share with us please how you will send your RS to Europe and the cost? I would love to do that with one of my cars one day.
Thrre are many solutions to this but it depends whether you want to drop / pickup at the warehouse of the shipper.

You can probably do Toronto-Rotterdam for less that $1000 each way but transit insurance is going to be about 1% of the value of the car each way,though you can take the risk. In the case of a 992RS this is a big number.

it is possible to go for a full door-to-door delivery which I did with the Panamera where an anonymous blue truck arrived at my hotel in Frankfurt and quickly offloaded the car but this is very expensive and I am working on a cheaper solution right now.

You also need road insurance in Europe and I do this through my broker. Typically does not cover track use.

Euro delivery on a new car is the way to go but I could not get it in the 992- no shipping costs,insurance provided and you can track it when you do factory pickup . I once crashed a new car on a track day and the insurance fully covered it.

Make sure your shipper does all the import clearance at destination . Worth shopping around.

Last edited by RDMcG; 02-11-2024 at 08:32 AM.
The following users liked this post:
996TS (02-14-2024)
Old 05-14-2024, 11:01 PM
BostonBC
Intermediate

Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RDMcG
I had ordered the car prior to the new hikes to higher prices and of course the luxury tax:

Wow - what is that $20K HST line item? Is that the tax on a vehicle in that price range? Also, 2 years in, how do you like the car? How many km have you put on it? Any major issues?
Old 05-15-2024, 08:31 AM
RDMcG
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BostonBC
Wow - what is that $20K HST line item? Is that the tax on a vehicle in that price range? Also, 2 years in, how do you like the car? How many km have you put on it? Any major issues?
I did not in the end take to to AZ with the dog, but used the Panamera instead so Pana now has 65,000km on it.

HST is tax.

The car has been flawless and now has 37,000km on it; as mentioned I had prepaid the service for three years so costs have been zero apart from storage fees for winter rims. I have never been a fan of the whole PCM environment which is needlessly complex so once I have set the standard settings I never go there. My own default is ApplePlay and Waze which cover everything I need. About the only thing I regret not ordering is the HUD; had it on some BMWs and like it a lot. 18 way seats ( which I have on other cars also) are some of the best in the business for very long trips, cooled and heated. Overall is a great car and I expect to basically drive it into the ground as I did with its predecessor ( which is still going strong with 350,000km on it). The sound/UV insulation was an extra and works perfectly.
While the Burmeister is a great sound system it is not vastly better than the Bose in the Panamera, so over $5k for it is probably overkill. Roadholding is great and have run at significant speeds on empty roads in the South West in the past.

Overall, very happy with it.
BostonBC (05-15-2024)
Old 05-15-2024, 09:12 AM
BostonBC
Intermediate

I did not in the end take to to AZ with the dog, but used the Panamera instead so Pana now has 65,000km on it.

HST is tax.

The car has been flawless and now has 37,000km on it; as mentioned I had prepaid the service for three years so costs have been zero apart from storage fees for winter rims. I have never been a fan of the whole PCM environment which is needlessly complex so once I have set the standard settings I never go there. My own default is ApplePlay and Waze which cover everything I need. About the only thing I regret not ordering is the HUD; had it on some BMWs and like it a lot. 18 way seats ( which I have on other cars also) are some of the best in the business for very long trips, cooled and heated. Overall is a great car and I expect to basically drive it into the ground as I did with its predecessor ( which is still going strong with 350,000km on it). The sound/UV insulation was an extra and works perfectly.
While the Burmeister is a great sound system it is not vastly better than the Bose in the Panamera, so over $5k for it is probably overkill. Roadholding is great and have run at significant speeds on empty roads in the South West in the past.

Overall, very happy with it.
That’s fantastic. I love the HUD feature too and missed it in my last Base Cayenne, and have it with my new (CPO 2022) GTS. Two other questions, if you don’t mind. Wondering how frequently you change your oil, given the longevity you had with your previous car? Also was wondering what size winter rims you put on? My GTS has 21s for now and I have 4 brand new winters that are 20-inch. My plan was to buy 20-inch rims for them and swap out when snow season comes.
Old 05-15-2024, 09:26 AM
RDMcG
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BostonBC
That’s fantastic. I love the HUD feature too and missed it in my last Base Cayenne, and have it with my new (CPO 2022) GTS. Two other questions, if you don’t mind. Wondering how frequently you change your oil, given the longevity you had with your previous car? Also was wondering what size winter rims you put on? My GTS has 21s for now and I have 4 brand new winters that are 20-inch. My plan was to buy 20-inch rims for them and swap out when snow season comes.
I have OEM rims for summer and winter....21 summer and 20 winter:

Old 05-15-2024, 09:27 AM
RDMcG
Rennlist Member

Oil changes are just at service intervals. Had one low oil warning ( minor) . My experience is that Cayennes use a little more oil in their early years.
BostonBC (05-15-2024)
Old 05-15-2024, 10:50 AM
BostonBC
Intermediate

Oil changes are just at service intervals. Had one low oil warning ( minor) . My experience is that Cayennes use a little more oil in their early years.
Thanks for the info. That was my plan for this car but I read so many stories on this page where you see people sticking to (antiquated) views about changing every 5-8k km but generally my plan is every 10,000 miles, at my regular service intervals.

Quick Reply: Cayenne GTS 30,000km review