Notices

Advice for service complaint

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2023, 12:30 PM
Adamant1971
Rennlist Member

Received 1,076 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by 08 Mac Cab TT
Exact same scenario happened to me on my Audi S6 and I got no where with the dealer and their management.. I said screw it and let it go and doubled down by stripping the brand new ceramic coating I had just paid for and went full car Expel PPF... Drastic measure for my wallet but worth it in the end.. When i got my 997, I immediately got PPF on the whole car so my beautiful fully corrected "flawless" paint stays that way...
I just removed a full body PPF wrap that had only been on for just over 2 years and it was a nightmare. While it does protect the paint it’s not all rainbows down the road when removal is needed.
The following users liked this post:
Hashbrown (06-12-2023)
Old 06-09-2023, 01:29 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,115 Likes on 797 Posts

Originally Posted by 911 Rod
Car wash monkeys!
lol
Old 06-09-2023, 01:31 PM
992.Turbo.S
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Adamant1971
I just removed a full body PPF wrap that had only been on for just over 2 years and it was a nightmare. While it does protect the paint it’s not all rainbows down the road when removal is needed.
I am curious why you removed it after just two years and why it was difficult to remove?
Did you remove it yourself ?
Old 06-10-2023, 01:08 AM
Vise
Drifting

Received 325 Likes on 200 Posts

Funny, I always ask the dealer to hand wash my car and do an extra good job. It is however fully coated in PPF + Ceramic Coating so I'm not that fussed about it. Better them than me.

Originally Posted by rockrdude
Note to myself: never buy a black car again.
This. Learned that lesson many years ago and never again.
Old 06-10-2023, 03:16 PM
westcoastj
Pro

Received 288 Likes on 172 Posts

I've asked not to wash at Audi dealership, and a few times it's come back to me washed as well. Since it's my DD, I don't care too much. I bring my Porsche to an independent mechanic, so they never wash after
Old 06-11-2023, 12:06 PM
KenTO
Burning Brakes

Received 548 Likes on 207 Posts

I can't see them hand washing all the cars in service, I wonder if they took it through an automatic wash. It is fixable though, but will need a polish and new ceramic. Will cost, I would take pictures, get the repair done and send them the bill.
rockrdude (06-12-2023)
Old 06-12-2023, 10:29 AM
rockrdude
Burning Brakes

Received 379 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by KenTO
I can't see them hand washing all the cars in service, I wonder if they took it through an automatic wash. It is fixable though, but will need a polish and new ceramic. Will cost, I would take pictures, get the repair done and send them the bill.
if they don't reply by tomorrow I'll probably go that way but I don't expect them to pay anything.

fought two weeks with a pool company because they had not finished the installation of my liner and was missing the lights I had prepaid. When they finally showed up they installed the wrong lights, which I cannot change now cause they had to dig to install them.
t's unfortunately like this everywhere, generalized incompetence and nobody gives a **** about anything.

Every time you get work done on something you have to take the day off and watch them as if you were a kindergarden teacher. so aggravating.

The following 2 users liked this post by rockrdude:
Hashbrown (06-12-2023), hivecopperfield (06-12-2023)
Old 06-13-2023, 10:09 AM
rileyracing1
Three Wheelin'

Received 402 Likes on 282 Posts

I was done with this type of dealer BS three decades ago and thus why I never use them for service unless absolutely mandatory. Going to a dealer is like going thru a meat grinder ... You never quite know what is going to come out the other side.

I have also learned over my life that when dealing with anyone on any type of repair and service one needs to be lazer clear on what is expected and required while making sure your are conveying your info to the right person. Advise them if needed on what you don't want and be NICE ! and don't sound like a jerk off while doing so and let them know if there are any issues to let you know first and you are more than willing to work with them to resolve if needed.

Last edited by rileyracing1; 06-13-2023 at 10:26 AM.
rockrdude (06-13-2023)
Old 06-13-2023, 11:24 AM
wildcat077
Drifting

Received 196 Likes on 168 Posts

I just recently had a local Subaru performance shop do an inspection on a WRX that my son was buying from a dealer, and i specifically told them not to fix anything or call me
if there were any issues and they still added on a $60 surcharge for cleaning the K&N air filter.
They probably only blew it out because it wasn't lubed and there was still a bunch of dirt in the airbox ... It doesn't matter where you
go , it seems like you get the same treatment everywhere !

Cheers
Phil
Old 06-17-2023, 10:56 AM
rockrdude
Burning Brakes

Little update for you guys.

After a week I sent an email to the service head as I had not heard from him. His reply gave me a serious vibe of ''really? we're still talking about this?'', as he was probably hoping I had forgotten. He proposed to buff the rear spoiler.
He doesn't understand the swirls are everywhere where there isn't xpel film. I'm going to drop off the car at my detailer next week and send the bill, I know they won't pay. But I'm certainly not letting them buff my car.

his big argument was: we wash over 50 cars a day we know what we are doing. LOL. I wonder how many come in without a single swirl.

I don't really expect anything to come out of this, so I will enjoy writing a very thorough complaint to Porsche Canada where I will also mention I oddly never got their post service survey...

Old 06-17-2023, 11:07 AM
LZRD GRN
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by rockrdude
Little update for you guys.

After a week I sent an email to the service head as I had not heard from him. His reply gave me a serious vibe of ''really? we're still talking about this?'', as he was probably hoping I had forgotten. He proposed to buff the rear spoiler.
He doesn't understand the swirls are everywhere where there isn't xpel film. I'm going to drop off the car at my detailer next week and send the bill, I know they won't pay. But I'm certainly not letting them buff my car.

his big argument was: we wash over 50 cars a day we know what we are doing. LOL. I wonder how many come in without a single swirl.

I don't really expect anything to come out of this, so I will enjoy writing a very thorough complaint to Porsche Canada where I will also mention I oddly never got their post service survey...
I am pretty sure the dealer can stop the survey being sent out (technical reasons...) if there is a problem!

Have had this occur many times, including a month ago with PCNT...

Good Luck!!
Old 06-17-2023, 11:38 AM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

Received 384 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by LZRD GRN
I am pretty sure the dealer can stop the survey being sent out (technical reasons...) if there is a problem!

Have had this occur many times, including a month ago with PCNT...

Good Luck!!

So they only survey happy customers then what's the point 🤦‍♂️
Old 06-17-2023, 12:36 PM
LZRD GRN
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by lowbee
That seems to be the case....

I currently have 4 P cars under factory warranty. On the three cars with no issues, I get surveys,

On the one vehicle with ongoing issues, I do not receive surveys, it is a Porsche Corp store...

With punters lined up to pay over list for most P cars theses days, I do not honestly think they care, they just hope it goes away....

Service writers today are trained to "explain away" real problems, and hope it goes away...

I do have one dealer who seems genuinely concerned with issues, but that seems the exception in the GTA today!

YMMV,

Cheers!

rockrdude (06-17-2023)
Old 06-17-2023, 02:07 PM
rockrdude
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by lowbee
That's it they just care about looking good, not being good.
Old 06-22-2023, 10:28 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,115 Likes on 797 Posts

Originally Posted by LZRD GRN
That seems to be the case....

I currently have 4 P cars under factory warranty. On the three cars with no issues, I get surveys,

On the one vehicle with ongoing issues, I do not receive surveys, it is a Porsche Corp store...

With punters lined up to pay over list for most P cars theses days, I do not honestly think they care, they just hope it goes away....

Service writers today are trained to "explain away" real problems, and hope it goes away...

I do have one dealer who seems genuinely concerned with issues, but that seems the exception in the GTA today!

YMMV,

Cheers!
and so ......

i have has CAA forever and the annoying thing i get is a freakin survey every time i even pick up the phone.

Last year they made me wait over 4 hours to tow my car, this was now 1 in the morning , this included watching through their tracking, watch the guy at tim hortons over an hour, then come close to my house, not stop and stop at my mechanics place an hour later , then close my call, after many many phone calls they essentially stole someones car off the street and towed the wrong car to my mechanic,
so then i had to wait till they took that car back then they came and got mine, woke up my mechanic who lives next door to his shop as he thought someone was breaking in by this time.

what an absolute nightmare ..

... no survey ...
rockrdude (06-22-2023)

Quick Reply: Advice for service complaint