Notices

Non Compliance .. they are coming for you

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2023, 01:51 PM
rileyracing1
Three Wheelin'

Received 402 Likes on 282 Posts

Ontario is simply over run with rules now and why I get out of here every chance I get and plan on leaving for good as 6mths a year here is still too long... The rules and regulations are so overbearing simple existence here after 50yrs is no fun anymore when comparing to the past Canada . I love Canada but the US in many places have way more roaming rights than us and besides it's more fun down there anyway and warmer ....
Old 04-05-2023, 02:05 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 756 Posts

Originally Posted by rileyracing1
Ontario is simply over run with rules now and why I get out of here every chance I get and plan on leaving for good as 6mths a year here is still too long... The rules and regulations are so overbearing simple existence here after 50yrs is no fun anymore when comparing to the past Canada . I love Canada but the US in many places have way more roaming rights than us and besides it's more fun down there anyway and warmer ....
Ontario & Canada. I'm not an anti this and that person, but things should make sense and have sound logic behind them.

I had a chuckle when I saw Biden's instagram post yesterday. Federal taxes will not increase at all for anybody making $400,000 or less per year. Here however, our income thresholds are low for the highest taxation rates. Then you have lux tax and so on on top. Then the sense of pride of having these rates and who it'll impact.

Old 04-05-2023, 02:06 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 756 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
Just move To Elmira ..
Maybe need to get right into St. Jacobs. Seriously though, I'm sure it's relaxing and freeing as odd as that sounds.

Old 04-06-2023, 10:24 AM
steam_mill
Burning Brakes

Received 284 Likes on 161 Posts

The noise compliance is just yet another blow to the car culture. I think there are a number of cars that have needlessly super loud exhausts. But going after these folks where Harley's and other bikes remain unenforced is completely wrong.

I would suggest that the noise enforcement and other enforcement measures are a symptom of our "me" society. It astonishes me living in a residential neighbourhood, people don't stop for stop signs. The vast majority don't stop. I walk my dog often and see it all the time. The minority stop. Most just blow through with fast rolling stop. One of my neighbours, at least 10 years older than me (I'm in my 50's), drives his BMW 750 like a lunatic, right around the corner from his house.

I think the bigger issue is that there is very little social accountability and we have to rely on laws to enforce bothersome behaviour versus people taking personal accountability for their behaviour. I see it in so many areas of our society. The aggression people show in aspects of our daily lives is admonishing. The person rushing to get one car length ahead, the dude at the grocery store doing the same thing in the line....I see this behaviour almost daily. If everyone would just relax, I actually things would move faster, not slower - RANT OFF.
The following 4 users liked this post by steam_mill:
500 (04-06-2023), Greg981 (04-06-2023), Mikster (04-17-2023), theiceman (04-06-2023)
Old 04-06-2023, 11:12 AM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 305 Likes on 209 Posts

This exhaust noise thing is sorta freaking me out having headers and flow through mufflers.
Old 04-06-2023, 11:19 AM
997turbocab
Burning Brakes

Received 206 Likes on 143 Posts

I wish I could go back in time and be a teenager in the 60's and 70's. Seems like it was way more fun back then!
The following users liked this post:
rileyracing1 (04-07-2023)
Old 04-06-2023, 12:09 PM
reacp911
Three Wheelin'

Received 352 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by steam_mill
It astonishes me living in a residential neighbourhood, people don't stop for stop signs. The vast majority don't stop.
I'd like to address this issue as someone who had to move because of an all-way stop installation. It was a T intersection. The noise caused by the stop was intolerable. People would slow down, some would stop, and the noise of people accelerating permeated the whole house, where previously it was quiet. Most cars just driving by don't make much noise. I was most grateful for the people who did not slow down at all.

After this, I resolved to not even slow down wherever possible.

Another infuriating thing was the placement of the stop sign a few meters from our driveway meant that our children still did not benefit from the sign when trying to cross the road to get the park on the other side.

PS: I cycle a lot - I don't slow down on my bike either. Most people in cars slow down to about the same speed I'm cruising on my bike, 15 to 20 kmh

PS 2: my kids used to have to walk along chatsworth to get to Lawrence Park Collegiate. The crossing with duplex is really busy with cars, and most of the drivers are jockeying for advantage with the other drivers, making it really hazardous for the students who have to cross.

Last edited by reacp911; 04-06-2023 at 12:14 PM.
Old 04-06-2023, 12:26 PM
rileyracing1
Three Wheelin'

Received 402 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by reacp911
I'd like to address this issue as someone who had to move because of an all-way stop installation. It was a T intersection. The noise caused by the stop was intolerable. People would slow down, some would stop, and the noise of people accelerating permeated the whole house, where previously it was quiet. Most cars just driving by don't make much noise. I was most grateful for the people who did not slow down at all.

After this, I resolved to not even slow down wherever possible.

Another infuriating thing was the placement of the stop sign a few meters from our driveway meant that our children still did not benefit from the sign when trying to cross the road to get the park on the other side.

PS: I cycle a lot - I don't slow down on my bike either. Most people in cars slow down to about the same speed I'm cruising on my bike, 15 to 20 kmh

PS 2: my kids used to have to walk along chatsworth to get to Lawrence Park Collegiate. The crossing with duplex is really busy with cars, and most of the drivers are jockeying for advantage with the other drivers, making it really hazardous for the students who have to cross.
I live right downtown and with the bike lanes and now single car lanes moving at a snails pace and all the new "safety pedestrian barriers" the city put up many of which are already broken. It's pretty much a free for all here ... no one really stops , running yellow and red lights is a common sight , no one listens to those no turning on a red signs ...... and the ebikes , scooters are all over the place. It's crazy down here yet I see the same cop every morning on university waiting to catch drivers making illegal left turns ?? Go figure ...
reacp911 (04-06-2023)
Old 04-06-2023, 12:32 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,147 Likes on 821 Posts

Originally Posted by 997turbocab
I wish I could go back in time and be a teenager in the 60's and 70's. Seems like it was way more fun back then!
i was and it was
Old 04-06-2023, 12:36 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Anyway boys its the long weekend so keep your head on a swivel as lots of tax collectors will be out, if its nice I fully expect to see more cars on flatbeds... will report back in if i get more info.
cheers.
Old 04-06-2023, 01:52 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

I was in NYC this week after not being their for a couple years and my god the e-bikes. Not the pedal assist kind but the crank the throttle and go down Madison Ave bike lane at 40mph kind.

All the delivery people are using them. It’s insane.
Old 04-06-2023, 03:31 PM
steam_mill
Burning Brakes

Received 284 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by rileyracing1
I live right downtown and with the bike lanes and now single car lanes moving at a snails pace and all the new "safety pedestrian barriers" the city put up many of which are already broken. It's pretty much a free for all here ... no one really stops , running yellow and red lights is a common sight , no one listens to those no turning on a red signs ...... and the ebikes , scooters are all over the place. It's crazy down here yet I see the same cop every morning on university waiting to catch drivers making illegal left turns ?? Go figure ...

As a lover of downtown Toronto, we really wanted to move back into the core. We couldn't find a property the met our needs: All done with a real 2 car garage that I could put a lift in. We ended up moving Kipling/Eglinton. I am really glad we ended up here We still often go downtown, taking transit more and more. Since Covid, I have less of a need to go downtown for work. When I do go, I've given up driving and just take transit. Faster to get into the city by car in the morning, but the trek home was always brutal.

Sadly, I suspect that many think like me and our jaunts downtown are becoming more infrequent because of the chaos with the bike lanes among other reasons.
Old 04-06-2023, 04:44 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 694 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by 911 Rod
I hate the music playing on the Harleys way more than the exhaust.
Well it has to overcome the obnoxious exhaust noise. How the hell can you otherwise hear the music.
Old 04-06-2023, 04:56 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 694 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
Saw three cars getting towed within the last week for "non compliance"
I don't know what all falls under "non compliance".

My 991.1 is stock. Press the Sport Plus button and the PSE is activated. A bit noisy when on the throttle. All legal because that is how the car was approved for sale by Transport Canada.

As for the 993, the sports exhaust was taken off. It overcomes the sound of the cam-chains which I like to hear so much in the air-cooled 911s. Reminds me of the sound of McQueens 911 in LeMans.

But I have an issue where some idiot owner thinks they know better than the engineers at the manufacturer. Why does a pick-up truck owner need to have their tires extend past the fenders. No matter what you do, its a friggin pick-up truck. They don't handle worth s**t!
Old 04-10-2023, 03:37 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Originally Posted by IXLR8
I don't know what all falls under "non compliance".

My 991.1 is stock. Press the Sport Plus button and the PSE is activated. A bit noisy when on the throttle. All legal because that is how the car was approved for sale by Transport Canada.

As for the 993, the sports exhaust was taken off. It overcomes the sound of the cam-chains which I like to hear so much in the air-cooled 911s. Reminds me of the sound of McQueens 911 in LeMans.

But I have an issue where some idiot owner thinks they know better than the engineers at the manufacturer. Why does a pick-up truck owner need to have their tires extend past the fenders. No matter what you do, its a friggin pick-up truck. They don't handle worth s**t!
Car flips after being hit by a loose tire on a Los Angeles freeway | USA TODAY - YouTube
wow strange coincidence i was having this exact discussion with my son this weekend over this exact video, canter leaving the wheel bearings, some know-it-all redneck severely injured someone. There is a shot in the original video where you can clearly see the wheel rotor still on the wheel, so that means hub/ bearing assembly came apart.

Last edited by theiceman; 04-11-2023 at 11:05 AM.
IXLR8 (04-10-2023)

Quick Reply: Non Compliance .. they are coming for you