Notices

Rear Fascia Painting

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2023, 07:09 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 382 Likes on 207 Posts
Default Rear Fascia Painting

There is a stop sale on a key option I had on my incoming car which was a design package (body kit) painted which must be purchased with the sport exhaust. Disappointing I can't get it, but when I think about what I most wanted from that package was a bunch of body details that are typically flat black get painted gloss black OR body color (which was my choice). Anyway I can individually paint the rockers, mirrors individually but not the rear fascia. My question is, does anyone know if the rear fascia - flat black - is materially different than the one that is produced for the design package which gets painted gloss black or body color depending on what the buyer chooses? If not, my solution is to simply paint the rear fascia body color when the car arrives if the part can accept paint. I would probably put some xpel over the piece after it is painted. Does anyone know what that flat black piece is made of?
Old 03-15-2023, 09:40 AM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Received 550 Likes on 336 Posts

bodyshops do this stuff daily, I'd imagine Porsche uses the exact same part for all options...might be a grain/finish difference but bodyshop will sand/smooth it...done right it'll be same quality as factory

Quick Reply: Rear Fascia Painting