Notices

Anyone else noticed a decline in service at Porsche Centre Oakville?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2022, 09:01 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 779 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate Tempest
The no calls back thing is incredibly frustrating, largely because it's so mind-boggling. Like, if you're running a business, how hard is it to keep some kind of shared list of the people who need to be called back, and make sure they do indeed get that call back before everyone leaves for the day? Likewise emails. Customer emails should be answered within a business day. If you don't have enough staff to get through all the calls or emails you get, you either need to hire more staff, or explicitly turn down some business. But just letting the problem solve itself by providing such poor service customers leave on their own is... not a great solution.
I know from a hiring perspective, any role that pays less than $65,000 is incredibly hard to hire for in the past 8-12 months. We schedule about 5-10 interviews per week for about the last 8-10 weeks, only 1-3 people show up. Rest don't even bother to cancel, they just don't show up and disappear. Seems to be the normal behaviour these days. It's rare that they let you know they are no longer interested. I know we're not unique in this situation. It's happening to many industries and organizations at certain pay brackets and roles worldwide. I heard these issues first hand in Germany, Switzerland and of course United States and Canada since June this year. Lead times for manufacturing equipment have gone from 8-10 weeks to 14-26 weeks and more as a result of lack of labour or unreliable labour. It's just a real slog right now.

So the above could be their problem too. Which is showing itself in a poor customer experience.

Of course as you say, they may recognize the issue but don't want to do anything about it because that means increasing expenses. Business is so good that it doesn't really matter to loose a few customers because they are already overbooked. Not my mindset but could be the mindset of others.

But yes if you can't keep up with demand to the point it's impacting service levels, then you need to slow down in taking on new business until you can deliver the promise your brand makes. Unless you are in a business where you can level set with customers and set expectations up front and that would be acceptable practice. I don't think the dealership business falls into that bucket.

Last edited by SToronto; 11-16-2022 at 09:03 AM.
Old 11-16-2022, 10:04 AM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 1,036 Likes on 604 Posts

Just to follow-up on my issue. I got the automated text from PCO asking if I was "100%" happy with my service experience. I replied "No" over a week ago...not even a response! I'm sorry, but that is just horrible customer service.

On a related note, we bought a new winter wheel set for my daughter's new Q5 last week. Audi Oakville wanted $2,800 and Mississauga wanted $1950 for the exact same set! Went with Mississauga and when my daughter brought the car home and I went to take the summers out of it to store them in the garage, we realized that the tech had put the wheels on the back seat rather than folding the seats down and putting them in the back...WTF? Of course, the tire bags had oil and tranny fluid on them from them being rolled through the shop. I called Audi Mississauga and they apologized profusely and asked that we bring the car back so they could detail it immediately. I told them that I had cleaned up the back seat already and that wasn't necessary. They thanked me and said that they would put a total detailing package on account for us to use any time within the next 12 months. The next day I got a call from the service advisor just checking in to make sure that everything was OK and to apologize again. Huge difference in service levels between Audi Miss and PCO.
The following 2 users liked this post by Onami:
gc88 (09-20-2023), RealityGT (11-16-2022)
Old 11-17-2022, 11:13 AM
6IXSPD
Rennlist Member

Received 814 Likes on 285 Posts

Missing such simple tasks like that always makes me nervous when going to a dealer for even an oil change. No one will ever treat your car as well as you.

It takes all of a few seconds to fold the rear seat down so you don’t toss fluid stained bags onto the upholstery itself… but nope.
Old 11-17-2022, 12:10 PM
reacp911
Three Wheelin'

Received 361 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by 6IXSPD
Missing such simple tasks like that always makes me nervous when going to a dealer for even an oil change. No one will ever treat your car as well as you.

It takes all of a few seconds to fold the rear seat down so you don’t toss fluid stained bags onto the upholstery itself… but nope.
Since with these new cars you can't physically even look at the oil, how can you be certain it was even changed? They could think "3000km since last change, we don't need to bother"

Last edited by reacp911; 11-17-2022 at 09:45 PM.
Old 11-17-2022, 02:05 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 311 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by 6IXSPD

I agree with no one treats your car like you do.
But, most cars the back seat does not fold flat so it only fits 2 wheels in with the seats up. Bags are suppose to be clean!
Old 11-17-2022, 08:02 PM
Sarawnty
Instructor

Received 131 Likes on 72 Posts

PCO is very convenient for us. But I've experienced many of the same frustrations expressed in this thread. I only take our vehicles to PCO for work I can't do myself. The parts guys have been very good.
Old 09-17-2023, 07:25 PM
bcrdukes
Three Wheelin'

Received 260 Likes on 202 Posts

Bumping an old thread but wanted to check to see if any recent experience of sales and/or service experiences with PCO.

They have a few Panameras in their inventory that checks the boxes. Hoping to do a model comparison before we make a decision. Happy to go elsewhere and wait for alternatives and availability in to Q2/Q3 2024.
Old 09-17-2023, 10:26 PM
Risky_Business
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by moab
Not responding to a customer email is completely unacceptable. I have always had good experiences with Downtown Porsche even though I usually buy from Pfaff.
+1 on Downtown. Can’t comment on Oakville’s car service but let’s simply say they didn’t get my trade and deposit for my 992 order. Markham wouldn’t even return my call after I went in a few times. Pretty sad as they weren’t around when I ordered my first Porsche some years ago and I tried to give them a chance but neither seemed interested in my money.
Old 09-18-2023, 09:24 PM
GTA_6speed
Track Day

Received 31 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bcrdukes
Bumping an old thread but wanted to check to see if any recent experience of sales and/or service experiences with PCO.

They have a few Panameras in their inventory that checks the boxes. Hoping to do a model comparison before we make a decision. Happy to go elsewhere and wait for alternatives and availability in to Q2/Q3 2024.
Have had a wonderful recent experience with Harris Theodore on the allocation, order and ED process for a 2024 911 T. Would highly recommend him!
The following users liked this post:
bcrdukes (09-18-2023)
Old 09-18-2023, 10:12 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 333 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Risky_Business
Markham wouldn’t even return my call after I went in a few times. Pretty sad as they weren’t around when I ordered my first Porsche some years ago and I tried to give them a chance but neither seemed interested in my money.
Sounds like Pfaff's (now Lithia) business model these days. If you're not lined up to buy multiple cars loaded with $30k+ in stupid options plus another $10k in dealer installed nonsense they aren't interested in your business. Too bad really... had a great experience buying my first 911 from Pfaff (old location) but less than pleasant experience after I bought my RS and expressed interest in a 992 GT3. Something definitely changed and not for the better.
GTA_6speed (09-18-2023)
Old 09-19-2023, 07:30 AM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 838 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by GTA_6speed
Have had a wonderful recent experience with Harris Theodore on the allocation, order and ED process for a 2024 911 T. Would highly recommend him!
+1 on Harris. He's a true pro and gentleman.
bcrdukes (09-19-2023)
Old 09-19-2023, 09:48 AM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 1,036 Likes on 604 Posts

Yep...Harris is a good guy and always responds quickly. My understanding is that he handles many of their VIP clients.

As for service, my last appointment at PCO went well and they did a very good job on the complimentary detailing that they offered me to make up for past issues. I'm honestly at the point with any business right now that I never expect to be fully satisfied with their current level of service. Hopefully, that changes as things continue to slow down.
The following 2 users liked this post by Onami:
Adamant1971 (09-20-2023), bcrdukes (09-19-2023)
Old 09-19-2023, 09:55 AM
bcrdukes
Three Wheelin'

Received 260 Likes on 202 Posts

Thanks, folks. I'll reach out to Harris.
Old 09-20-2023, 08:57 PM
DES GTS
Pro

Received 174 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by bcrdukes
Thanks, folks. I'll reach out to Harris.
Good choice. As always, the tone is set at the top - I know of no one better than PCO's Sales Manager, Domenica Giordano.
GTA_6speed (10-07-2023)
Old 09-21-2023, 11:22 AM
RDMcG
Rennlist Member

Received 902 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
But yes if you can't keep up with demand to the point it's impacting service levels, then you need to slow down in taking on new business until you can deliver the promise your brand makes. Unless you are in a business where you can level set with customers and set expectations up front and that would be acceptable practice. I don't think the dealership business falls into that bucket.
Well said . The lifetime value of a customer in a premium business like Porsche is of great value. I walked from two other brands when the service level got to be unacceptable and I am not someone who expects any special service.

Quick Reply: Anyone else noticed a decline in service at Porsche Centre Oakville?