Notices

Anyone else noticed a decline in service at Porsche Centre Oakville?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2022, 02:23 PM
LZRD GRN
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Onami
I can't believe it, but Porsche Centre Oakville service screwed up again - for the 3rd time in a row that I have used them! The first time the jockey pulls the car up and I jump in and notice the CEL on. I go back inside and tell them, so they take the car back into service. 30 minutes later they return and say that they forgot to put a vacuum line back on after servicing the car. Next visit is for warranty work on cracked trim pieces described originally in this post where they chipped my paint. Today, my daughter took it in for me for an oil change and tire swap. 15 minutes after she leaves I get all call telling me that the tech forgot to put the engine cover back on and asking if we could bring the car back. WTF? That's it, I'm done with PCO - I'm not even going to trust them to do the free detail that they offered after their last screw up. I love my vehicle, but I simply can't support a business that can't get even the simplest of things right! My time isn't free and I hate paying people to waste my time. Rant over...
Agree that experience was totally unacceptable!!

If you feel up for it I would suggest you raise the issue with Mike Gosselin (mgosselin@policaro.ca) the service manager at Oakville Porsche, I have always found him to be very helpful and understanding...

I use Policaro Motorsports for my GT cars and have found them to be excellent over the past 2 years, even with a few staff changes...

Good luck!!

Old 11-03-2022, 03:56 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 1,036 Likes on 604 Posts

Thanks, but I am done. I bought a maintenance plan with my car, so I'll use another dealer for the final service...then off to Hunter and likely no more brand new P-cars/SUVs unless we move
Old 11-07-2022, 09:46 AM
RonnyC
Instructor

Received 127 Likes on 73 Posts

I have found crappy service is the new norm regardless of the make... I have had such bad experiences with Acura, RAM and Porsche. I guess finding competent, reliable, trustworthy people for anything is a needle in a hay stack.

I starting bringing my Porsche to an independent - at least the person working on the car is the guy you are speaking with so you can get a feel of who he is and whether he is good... at the dealer the car goes to whoever and they are only concern is pushing the car through its service as he's on the clock...
The following 2 users liked this post by RonnyC:
Adamant1971 (11-07-2022), Z06jerry (11-07-2022)
Old 11-07-2022, 11:09 AM
reacp911
Three Wheelin'

Received 361 Likes on 233 Posts

Don Valley Volkswagen where I take my wife's under warranty Alltrack has a large, convenient window, with seating, overlooking the service bays. This goes a long way to mitigate the effects of "insurance regulations" that prevent you from getting anywhere near your car when they are "working" on it.

This should be a standard feature of car workshops
Old 11-07-2022, 01:01 PM
rileyracing1
Three Wheelin'

Received 406 Likes on 285 Posts

Oakville Porsche has had some major staff and technician changes pre and post covid like many other places ....DFC in Toronto was ok last I used them but I refuse to go there now due to the even worse new location on the lakeshore they moved to. Between the horrible roads there , endless dump trucks and debris all over the place there a clean car doesn't stand a chance anywhere near that place. I do Porsche Center North now ....so far so good ... Why are all the nice car dealerships in the crappiest areas??
Old 11-07-2022, 03:45 PM
NevilleNobody
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 101 Posts

Thanks, but I am done. I bought a maintenance plan with my car, so I'll use another dealer for the final service...then off to Hunter and likely no more brand new P-cars/SUVs unless we move
I use hunter because he is close to me. Insanely busy and getting proper expensive. Absolutey zero perks of a dealer too if you need them.
Old 11-07-2022, 04:07 PM
Adamant1971
Rennlist Member

Received 1,170 Likes on 545 Posts

I just had a huge parts order quoted (over 30k) and all I got was a mess of part numbers on their little printouts with all of the subgroups mixed up. And this after I gave them a detailed file folder with all the parts diagrams etc. You would think they would put some effort into a spreadsheet for such a large order.
Old 11-09-2022, 03:02 PM
Adamant1971
Rennlist Member

Received 1,170 Likes on 545 Posts

And a follow-up. I gave the parts team a huge stack of parts diagrams with all the parts I needed for this nut and bolt restoration highlighted with handwritten notes. And what did they do, they threw it out. ****ing retards. My business will go elsewhere.
Old 11-09-2022, 03:55 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 779 Posts

Originally Posted by Adamant1971
And a follow-up. I gave the parts team a huge stack of parts diagrams with all the parts I needed for this nut and bolt restoration highlighted with handwritten notes. And what did they do, they threw it out. ****ing retards. My business will go elsewhere.
I bought a bunch of parts from Pfaff for a gearbox build last year. Dealt with Kojah there, completely positive experience. Knows what he's talking about. As do others there I've worked with. They have experienced people and a Parts Manager who's been there in parts for decades.
The following users liked this post:
Adamant1971 (11-09-2022)
Old 11-11-2022, 10:41 AM
Bud Fox
Burning Brakes

Received 258 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by NevilleNobody
I use hunter because he is close to me. Insanely busy and getting proper expensive. Absolutey zero perks of a dealer too if you need them.
old school no perks.

I don't think him getting expensive is accurate.

Did you get a bill that appeared to be?
Old 11-11-2022, 11:43 AM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 1,036 Likes on 604 Posts

Have to agree. I just used Hunter for my suspension refresh and oil change and found his pricing quite fair. Nice guy too...
Bud Fox (11-11-2022)
Old 11-11-2022, 12:06 PM
Bud Fox
Burning Brakes

Received 258 Likes on 173 Posts

Have to agree. I just used Hunter for my suspension refresh and oil change and found his pricing quite fair. Nice guy too...
with an experienced guy like Brent and Jack,

even if he charged same rate as dealer, they are very efficient and usually get things done ahead of schedule and Brent is such an honest guy would never charge more than time spent
Old 11-11-2022, 01:01 PM
NevilleNobody
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 101 Posts

Maybe I am just new to Porsche pricing? Service was good and very close to me so i will still be using them but here's what I had done for just under $2,500.

Plugs
2 X O2 sensors
MAF sensor

It is what it is i guess, i still have no doubt the dealer would be more.
Old 11-14-2022, 05:35 PM
ekam
Drifting

Received 515 Likes on 328 Posts

Dealerships are a joke now. Not only do they not answer the phone on Monday morning, nobody have a loaner car unless you book appointment 3 weeks in advance. They blame Putin and covid.
Old 11-16-2022, 05:30 AM
Nate Tempest
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 84 Posts

The no calls back thing is incredibly frustrating, largely because it's so mind-boggling. Like, if you're running a business, how hard is it to keep some kind of shared list of the people who need to be called back, and make sure they do indeed get that call back before everyone leaves for the day? Likewise emails. Customer emails should be answered within a business day. If you don't have enough staff to get through all the calls or emails you get, you either need to hire more staff, or explicitly turn down some business. But just letting the problem solve itself by providing such poor service customers leave on their own is... not a great solution.
Noah Fect (11-17-2022)

Quick Reply: Anyone else noticed a decline in service at Porsche Centre Oakville?