Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2021, 01:46 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 522 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by Bud Fox
MVS if you want to get ripped off.

Had a good experience with Speedstar
I am not defending them but to make a comment about getting ripped off, should have at least a brief description of what happened. There often are 2 sides to stories and these shop owners must have families to support. So if they ripped you off tell us about it.
Old 08-17-2021, 07:23 AM
PCARNTHZST
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
I am not defending them but to make a comment about getting ripped off, should have at least a brief description of what happened. There often are 2 sides to stories and these shop owners must have families to support. So if they ripped you off tell us about it.
good point
Old 08-17-2021, 09:40 AM
Bud Fox
Burning Brakes

Received 238 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
maybe do a search?

There is a thread about MVS

Customers don't have families to support?
Old 08-17-2021, 11:01 AM
triggz82
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

I can no longer recommend Keltech.

Heard G Tek charges as much as dealers

Hunter is not too bad of a drive during non rush hour.
Also curious on Keltech. I've been a few times and thought it was thorough aside from one issue.
Old 08-17-2021, 11:10 AM
Bud Fox
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by triggz82
Also curious on Keltech. I've been a few times and thought it was thorough aside from one issue.
Keltech does decent work but horrible balancing

They use a dated machine from the 80s that is so inaccurate and resulted in steering vibrations THREE times on two different cars after servicing

Had good faith in the shop until now.

I decided not to put up a fight for my $500 (cost of balancing and subsequent fixes) in case I needed to do an emergency drop off at their shop

They were at the top of my list (spent $15k+ there) but not anymore

Old 08-17-2021, 12:34 PM
ggrace
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

As soon as I took delivery of my 996, I took it to Liam at Keltech for the IMS Solution, AOS, RMS & clutch. I have returned every Fall for an oil change and any work necessary before storing the car.

I trust their work and appreciate their customer service.

G-Tek is WAY closer to me (like a 15min drive) but I took the car there for a PPI and got a bad vibe from them. Felt like they were turning volume and didn’t want to explain things to me. It wasn’t the vibe I wanted to have. I believe strongly in building relationships.
The following users liked this post:
PCARNTHZST (08-17-2021)
Old 08-17-2021, 04:15 PM
triggz82
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Keltech does decent work but horrible balancing

They use a dated machine from the 80s that is so inaccurate and resulted in steering vibrations THREE times on two different cars after servicing

Had good faith in the shop until now.

I decided not to put up a fight for my $500 (cost of balancing and subsequent fixes) in case I needed to do an emergency drop off at their shop

They were at the top of my list (spent $15k+ there) but not anymore
Even though Keltech has done good work for me I agree with this complaint as they could not get a vibration to go away on my wheels either. They do have a dated balancer... but to be fair a lot of indy shops do and won't replace it unless it breaks. Roadforce balancers cost 5x+ as much as a regular balancing machine so I find only wheel shops or higher end indies carry them. I ended up bringing my car to my tire guy who has one and the vibration was gone immediately. I'll still go to Liam for any challenging mechanical work I don't have the ability to tackle myself as he's gotten me out of a pinch before.
Bud Fox (08-17-2021)
Old 08-17-2021, 04:47 PM
Bud Fox
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by triggz82
Even though Keltech has done good work for me I agree with this complaint as they could not get a vibration to go away on my wheels either. They do have a dated balancer... but to be fair a lot of indy shops do and won't replace it unless it breaks. Roadforce balancers cost 5x+ as much as a regular balancing machine so I find only wheel shops or higher end indies carry them. I ended up bringing my car to my tire guy who has one and the vibration was gone immediately. I'll still go to Liam for any challenging mechanical work I don't have the ability to tackle myself as he's gotten me out of a pinch before.
Who is your tire guy by the way!

My issues were Keltech caused the vibrations as my wheels were fine before
Old 08-17-2021, 07:27 PM
Canada911S
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got nothing but positive things to say about G-Tek. They know their stuff and have always accurately diagnosed any issues that have arisen with my 997 over the past 3 years of my ownership.

Prices are noticeably better than dealer, but not the cheapest either. That said, I feel I've gotten what I paid for - trusted, quality repairs done right the first time and peace of mind.
Old 08-19-2021, 08:32 PM
ggrace
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Who is your tire guy by the way!

My issues were Keltech caused the vibrations as my wheels were fine before
I know you didn’t ask me but I recently bought tires from CEO tires and can’t say enough good things!
Bud Fox (08-19-2021)
Old 08-19-2021, 08:55 PM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

Received 384 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by ggrace
I know you didn’t ask me but I recently bought tires from CEO tires and can’t say enough good things!
I brought tires & wheels from CEO tires last month and I feel the same. They are very detail oriented, good price, great service. They just become my go to tire shop.
Old 08-19-2021, 10:49 PM
Bud Fox
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ggrace
That's who ultimately fixed my issues caused by Keltech and Burning Rubber.

Being able to drive into the shop without anyone messing with my seat/wheel settings was a nice bonus.

Andy even did one wheel each 2 weeks apart to let me be sure both fronts were out.

Can't say enough good things about CEO
ekam (08-21-2021)
Old 08-20-2021, 12:29 PM
rileyracing1
Three Wheelin'

Received 402 Likes on 282 Posts

Excellent Shop - Not sure why more people don't know of this place ?? They do excellent work at a fair price .

Automobil
1890 Lawrence Ave E, Scarborough, ON M1R 2Y5
Hours:
Open ⋅ Closes 6 p.m.
Phone: (416) 757-5888
Appointments: auto-mobil.ca
Old 08-20-2021, 09:37 PM
Brian 162
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by rileyracing1
Excellent Shop - Not sure why more people don't know of this place ?? They do excellent work at a fair price .

Automobil
1890 Lawrence Ave E, Scarborough, ON M1R 2Y5
Hours:
Open ⋅ Closes 6 p.m.
Phone: (416) 757-5888
Appointments: auto-mobil.ca
That used to be H P Cars. Does Mario still own it?

Quick Reply: GTA Indy shop (East end)