Notices

UK imports

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 07:11 PM
adie
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking UK imports

Finally tied a few company down to give some quotes and the cars are coming soon, MTO are happy as there over 15 years old as is the bike, the only thing I have tyo do is enpty the N2O bottles and dump the fuel, Unfortunatly the mill and lathe have to stay as there 3 phase, the welder is 240v so i need to get 3 phase put into mew house 9moving to grey county as I need somewhere to tune the cars and there's no way I'm riding the bike with all the tramlines (streetcars) in town. really excited about getting them over, the roadie will donate it's heart and soul to my stocker here as I'm about as bored as can be with a standard auto, unless some kind sould offers me a princly sum of money for it, I guess I'll have a car ready to strip and sell all the other bits off, put your orders in for a set of euro bumpers now, and a stock engine that is all it can be will for sale soon aswell. there's going to be a few civic owners that are going to be just a little upset when I go past them with a 'normal' size exhaust drowning out there oversized bass bins. I know I'll get shunned by the porscheophiles but after spending the last 6 months in the stocker I'm just about ready for some fun, in fact the snow was a godsend as it meant a load of fun could be had whilst not owning any real power. Still it's probably going to donate it's body to a 4WD version using Cosworth RS500 parts if I can squeeze the stuff in the container, Hmm a german car with British engineering, now there's a recepie for disaster.
Old 04-07-2004, 01:32 AM
Bill 86.5 928s
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Adie....Where in Grey County you moving to?...I'm in the north end on Georgian Bay.....Bill
Old 04-07-2004, 02:48 AM
adie
Pro

Oops, i appoligise now for the noise, i'll be on Grey road, still a bit dissorientated with county roads and lines at the moment, back there tomorrow to have yet another look around and see what they will take for the place, your not selling a 4 year old home are you if so I may have just lost all bargining power, after all I'm just a poor nurse and drive the poorest of the poor persons Porsche Not sure if this will make sence, above selbourne (I think thats close) guess whos going to be lost in nomans land tomorrow, just a quick question on mobiles, my fido looses signal way before I get close, whats the best for coverage in that area, I'm guessing bell or Telus.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:41 PM
Bill 86.5 928s
Addict
Rennlist Member

Adie...That's not fair...you have placed me in a bit of a spot...I work for Rogers and other members of this forum also work for Rogers...lol
yea Bell and Telus work OK....lol
I believe you mean Shelbourne and it is about 90 kms south of me here. Shelbourne is a nice area my sister used to live there just south of town. If you are moving north of Shelbourne you must be going to Dundalk or is it Badjeros?.... Thats Chevy Country...lol
I hope it all works out for you Adie....best of luck...Regards
Old 04-08-2004, 01:25 AM
adie
Pro

Ok so I was out a little, it's Singhampton (well 1.5km from there but close) I think it's probably going to be the one. I forgot about rogers as I am not used to seeing them as much as Fido in Toronto, that said it would make make sense to get my cable and phone from the same company. Quick question? do they supply cable out there, I know it sounds silly but every house we looked at had a dish so i just thought it was to far off the beaten track to get it, thats why the Bell Idea sounded good. Still have to sort out an official offer without being to insultive, however everything looks good if I can sell the UK house in time. Getting excited about getting the other cars over now as well as the bike and I forgot I had a jetski so I might as well throw that into the container aswell.
Old 04-08-2004, 11:24 AM
Alon
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree. Even though I've now left Rogers Wireless for other opportunities elsewhere, I still believe that they offer the best technology (GSM/GPRS) and best rural coverage.
Old 04-08-2004, 07:45 PM
Bill 86.5 928s
Addict
Rennlist Member

Adie....I'm sorry to inform you but Rogers cable is not available in Singhampton. There is a cell site though 5 miles north of there but no cable or high speed internet. If you were to go another 10 miles north to a village called Nottawa that is where it ends. I hate being a bearer of bad news....lol.....Goodluck with your plans and your import from GB...Bill
Old 04-09-2004, 04:44 AM
adie
Pro

Thanks, I just found out this afternoon, it seems I have to go with Bell and try and work out a bundle for cell, satellite, internet and land line, shame cause I realy like my cell phone but it's a GSM one, still I can use it in the UK when I go home. I'll know tomorrow if teh offer was accepted and if so I can have my stuff shipped straight to the house
Old 04-16-2004, 01:11 AM
Bill 86.5 928s
Addict
Rennlist Member

Well Adie...Are you a Grey County Tax Payer? or are you still shopping?...Bill
Old 04-16-2004, 01:22 AM
adie
Pro

I guess I better warn the locals now, I didn't realise that everywhere had 220v already, now I can bring all my welding/compressor/lathe and mill with me and all my other stuff, I just need to get everthing packed and shipped over now. Oh and sort out the phone/internet/satallite and of couse tax's (who could forget those). Anyhow this is/will be my new des.res. I also need to get a quad to get round the grounds as it's a little wild in some areas.
Attached Images  
Old 04-16-2004, 11:45 PM
Bill 86.5 928s
Addict
Rennlist Member

Whoa....Nice..real nice...welcome to the hood.....When does the moat get installed....that is some castle...congrats....Bill

Quick Reply: UK imports