New Member- Akrapovic slip on race line exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2021, 12:59 AM
Robash
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member- Akrapovic slip on race line exhaust

Hello
New to the forum. I’m extremely fortunate to have my new 2021 992 Turbo arriving in June.
I ordered my car with PSE exhaust, I would like more sound from the car. I originally was thinking of installing Fabspeed Sport Cats and using the factory exhaust.
My dealership advised me by replacing the oem cats I would void my warranty.
Couple of local tuning shops suggested the Akra slip exhaust will add volume.
Have any forum members added this exhaust to their 992 turbos yet ? Plus given the cost did you find value over the PSE exhaust.
Old 04-06-2021, 09:21 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,127 Likes on 736 Posts

I would leave cats alone to ensure no issues with warranty. Anything cat back is typically not an issue with dealers. I don't have a 992 but have Akrapovic and other systems on my cars, depending on the car.

If Akrapovic makes a product for your car, I don't think you can go wrong. Quality products, cost more though, weight reduction and I find the sound they produce suits the cars very well. I have had link pipes/race slip-on on my GT3 (link pipes removed in second year) and have link pipes on my Spyder with race slip-on to be installed soon. Just contact Sports Car Boutique for Akra, they are the authorized Canadian distributor and can do the install as well. Other shops in Canada are just buying it through them.

I have heard mixed things about Fabspeed quality, so I haven't purchased any of their products. But they obviously do well enough.
Old 04-07-2021, 11:21 AM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 679 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by Robash
Hello
New to the forum. I’m extremely fortunate to have my new 2021 992 Turbo arriving in June.
I ordered my car with PSE exhaust, I would like more sound from the car. I originally was thinking of installing Fabspeed Sport Cats and using the factory exhaust.
My dealership advised me by replacing the oem cats I would void my warranty.
Couple of local tuning shops suggested the Akra slip exhaust will add volume.
Have any forum members added this exhaust to their 992 turbos yet ? Plus given the cost did you find value over the PSE exhaust.
Hey Robash,

We have not has issues with warranties on any of our customer cars thus far. That being said, I would still be wary of your dealership's warning. I highly recommend you check out our Valvetronic muffler. It will give you a much more aggressive tone, as well as 48+ WHP! (Check out the dyno graph below)

Quick Reply: New Member- Akrapovic slip on race line exhaust