Notices

Porsche Interesting Bull**** thread.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2020, 05:11 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,147 Likes on 821 Posts
Default Porsche Interesting Bull**** thread.

Just started this thread because its raining out .

Lego :
I recently found out my Orange Lego GT3RS ( 42056) has been discontinued. Prices on line for these seem to be going crazy ( saw one for 900 CAD ) so maybe i will keep it sealed in the box a little bit longer. I noticed you can buy lighting kits for these now too which i thought was interesting.

I Just finished building another set i did not realize was discontinued

Porsche 919 Hybrid and 917K Pit Lane ( 75876)

was a lot of fun so if you can find it i would recommend it , for yourself or any young Porsche fan ..

I needed some shelf space for displays so junked some text books i have been luging around for over 35 years... while chucking them i found this memorabilia.

Name:  adQwU2W.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  2.67 MB
Name:  7eOfmKu.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  3.47 MB

i was gonna blue box it all as i have had them for years sometimes decades sitting on a shelf. if you have one of these cars and would like the pamphlet for it shoot me a message and its yours if you are local . i can meet at one of our GTA meets and i can store it for you till then ( free, this is not a for sale post ) , Please don't ask for them all so you can resell them on ebay , this is an enthusiasts site and i just thought someone might like something that matched their car.

cheers

Last edited by theiceman; 10-05-2020 at 03:53 PM.
Old 10-01-2020, 10:42 AM
Adamant1971
Rennlist Member

Received 1,109 Likes on 519 Posts

^ Awesome stuff. I have found all of the dealer brochures for my car, along with the colour swatches. Tucked away safely.

When lego sets are retired they do shoot up in value. Not Porsche related but I purchased a couple lego freight trains before they were retired. My son goes on to the lego website and you can check if items are being discontinued and then buy them before they are gone.
Old 10-01-2020, 10:53 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Adamant1971
^ Awesome stuff. I have found all of the dealer brochures for my car, along with the colour swatches. Tucked away safely.

When lego sets are retired they do shoot up in value. Not Porsche related but I purchased a couple lego freight trains before they were retired. My son goes on to the lego website and you can check if items are being discontinued and then buy them before they are gone.
yeah i didnt realize the kit i built earlier this week can get up to 300 bucks CAD as the box was still sealed..

im going to buy the 930 today , its just a little one but looks kinda cool..

oh well...

BTW one of the Boxster books got snapped up already ..

Last edited by theiceman; 10-01-2020 at 10:55 AM.
Old 10-04-2020, 02:04 PM
escesc
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got a '99 Boxster, what year is your Boxster books for? Thanks.
Old 10-05-2020, 03:51 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Originally Posted by escesc
I just got a '99 Boxster, what year is your Boxster books for? Thanks.
96 sorry

Quick Reply: Porsche Interesting Bull**** thread.