Notices

Be careful of Parade Leasing in Montreal

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2020, 06:13 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 129 Posts

Lol so many self proclaimed experts here.. you can get cars in Ontario with massive carproofs on them just as easily as stuff in Quebec. Difference is though there is more choice to chose from in Ontario off lease and lots of stuff will have higher trim packages. The majority of our inventory comes from Ontario. But you just automatically cut into your margins with transport/inspection... It is what it is.

Ontario has just as many auction Queens as Quebec does. Want to see the junk being sold on TradeRev or LiveBloc most days in Brampton or Oakville?
Old 09-07-2020, 03:40 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 390 Posts

Except that in the Province of Quebec, laws are different, and allows them to do things like happened to the OP. Also I have seen many cars with salvage title go through quebec title system and become a clean title. Quebec is also the capital for stolen cars, so some of them end up with new titles as well. As I stated earlier, I love Montreal and Quebec, but am very careful if looking at a car from there. Not to mention, their winters are also much harsher and cars driven year round do show more wear, same as Alberta cars.
Old 09-07-2020, 04:14 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Turbodan
Except that in the Province of Quebec, laws are different, and allows them to do things like happened to the OP. Also I have seen many cars with salvage title go through quebec title system and become a clean title. Quebec is also the capital for stolen cars, so some of them end up with new titles as well. As I stated earlier, I love Montreal and Quebec, but am very careful if looking at a car from there. Not to mention, their winters are also much harsher and cars driven year round do show more wear, same as Alberta cars.
you have no idea what you are talking about. First off any business can pull what happened to the OP. Quebec , Ontario anywhere. Quebec capital for stolen cars? Not even close, Ontario outranks us. This is published data from stats can. Sketchy **** happens everywhere there is so much volume in car sales.

You have seen nothing. It's very difficult to plate branded cars in Quebec. One incorrectly dotted I and you have to resubmit the entire dossier. Maybe 20 years ago it was the wild west but the last 10-15 they have really cracked down.

Stop talking out of your *** already and get the "Ontario is better" stick from out of your ***

Last edited by Gregster; 09-07-2020 at 04:16 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Gregster:
Maitre_Absolut (09-08-2020), theiceman (09-17-2020)
Old 09-07-2020, 05:29 PM
Bud Fox
Burning Brakes

Received 238 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike K.
You must be one of those show and shine girly-boys I've heard about. Couldn't find an apex if it jumped up and hit you in the face. You win the no class post of the week in my books.
Yes and I get very offended by posts from the internet
Old 09-08-2020, 12:26 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 390 Posts

Originally Posted by Gregster
you have no idea what you are talking about. First off any business can pull what happened to the OP. Quebec , Ontario anywhere. Quebec capital for stolen cars? Not even close, Ontario outranks us. This is published data from stats can. Sketchy **** happens everywhere there is so much volume in car sales.

You have seen nothing. It's very difficult to plate branded cars in Quebec. One incorrectly dotted I and you have to resubmit the entire dossier. Maybe 20 years ago it was the wild west but the last 10-15 they have really cracked down.

Stop talking out of your *** already and get the "Ontario is better" stick from out of your ***
wonder why you are so sensitive Mr Gregster on this subject. Hit too close to home?
I am not talking "out of my ***", there are laws in Ontario against false advertising and bait and switch. OP stated that those laws don't exist in Quebec.
I also know of a few dealers that operate in Quebec and do funny stuff with titles.
I did google it and it appears the last few years thefts have declined in Quebec which was for a long time the capital of car thefts,so I'll give you that but it is still high. Convince yourself that buying a car in Quebec is the same as any other province, but you won't convince me. And I have bought many cars from all over, including Quebec.
Old 09-08-2020, 08:55 AM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Turbodan
wonder why you are so sensitive Mr Gregster on this subject. Hit too close to home?
I am not talking "out of my ***", there are laws in Ontario against false advertising and bait and switch. OP stated that those laws don't exist in Quebec.
I also know of a few dealers that operate in Quebec and do funny stuff with titles.
I did google it and it appears the last few years thefts have declined in Quebec which was for a long time the capital of car thefts,so I'll give you that but it is still high. Convince yourself that buying a car in Quebec is the same as any other province, but you won't convince me. And I have bought many cars from all over, including Quebec.
Those laws very much do exist in Quebec look up on OPCs website. It will be mostly in French though. Window sticker must have full price including additional fees or extras listed. All cars listed for sale need to have window stickers as well. Anyone can bait and switch even Ontario, who's going to bother fighting it? Look there are bad dealers everywhere, we had a member on here dealing with that OMVIC Infinti buy back..

Ontario isnt some paradise of perfection... Stop making it sound like that
Old 09-08-2020, 11:13 AM
Adamant1971
Rennlist Member

Received 1,076 Likes on 508 Posts

I have been burned on two Ontario CPO cars. I think we can all agree that the used car industry is full of BS no matter the location.

But I only blame myself for not doing PPI’s.

When I was managing my families Service Ontario we would get many people registering cars from Quebec. And the ones with issues were almost always bargain hunters who simply got blinded by a “good deal”, then found out the hard way why the car was cheaper than a comparable car in Ontario. Like everything in life if it sounds to good to be true it usually is.
The following 2 users liked this post by Adamant1971:
Bud Fox (09-08-2020), myw (10-05-2020)
Old 09-08-2020, 11:18 AM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Adamant1971
I have been burned on two Ontario CPO cars. I think we can all agree that the used car industry is full of BS no matter the location.

But I only blame myself for not doing PPI’s.

When I was managing my families Service Ontario we would get many people registering cars from Quebec. And the ones with issues were almost always bargain hunters who simply got blinded by a “good deal”, then found out the hard way why the car was cheaper than a comparable car in Ontario. Like everything in life if it sounds to good to be true it usually is.
Even with cars we sell we will never say no to a client taking a car for a PPI elsewhere. It never hurts to have an extra of eyes look at it. Then again stuff we sell is well under 50000kms and within 4-5 years. So generally the PPI is for CPO extended warranties. I remember one Macan we sold , replaced brakes with aftermarket stuff (Zimmerman discs/pads) the mechanic noted none OEM brakes at Porsche .. I found that to be really Petty on the dealers part considering we spend 10k a month at the parts counter
Old 09-08-2020, 11:46 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,115 Likes on 797 Posts

^
i think that's just one hand not talking to the other.. you have to credit the tech for pointing it out, that's his role, he caught it and he noted it on his report... Whether the business office reports that is another discussion as you say , they have to look at the bigger picture.
Old 09-08-2020, 03:46 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by theiceman
^
i think that's just one hand not talking to the other.. you have to credit the tech for pointing it out, that's his role, he caught it and he noted it on his report... Whether the business office reports that is another discussion as you say , they have to look at the bigger picture.
The problem I had was the SA saying it was unsafe and could cause a crash
Old 09-08-2020, 04:18 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Gregster
The problem I had was the SA saying it was unsafe and could cause a crash
wow that is just outright ridiculousness...
Old 09-08-2020, 04:37 PM
tda
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for posting!
Old 09-17-2020, 02:31 PM
maroli
Three Wheelin'

Received 471 Likes on 271 Posts

Jesus Christ, can we stop bickering over which province has more scams? Unless anyone's gone through the effort of doing an extensive study that documents the relative rates of attempted fraud, everything is speculation. I lived in Toronto for 15 years, live in Montreal now. There are things to like and dislike about both cities. The above situation absolutely could happen in Ontario so it's not a 'Quebec' thing - Toronto has bunch of bodyshop insurance scams so even if there are more bait and switch pricing scams in Quebec, it all nets out in my view.
Old 09-17-2020, 04:26 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Originally Posted by maroli
Jesus Christ, can we stop bickering over which province has more scams? Unless anyone's gone through the effort of doing an extensive study that documents the relative rates of attempted fraud, everything is speculation. I lived in Toronto for 15 years, live in Montreal now. There are things to like and dislike about both cities. The above situation absolutely could happen in Ontario so it's not a 'Quebec' thing - Toronto has bunch of bodyshop insurance scams so even if there are more bait and switch pricing scams in Quebec, it all nets out in my view.

this is only happening coz there was no real hockey rivalry this year,, it has to come out somewhere

you ether bleed Blue and White or Rouge, Blanc et Bleu
Old 09-17-2020, 04:58 PM
Mike K.
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Last edited by Mike K.; 09-21-2020 at 01:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Be careful of Parade Leasing in Montreal