Notices

Turn Down Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2020, 06:05 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Turn Down Pipes

Anyone know of a shop in the GTA that might be able to fabricate some turn down pipes for a GT3? I need to reduce the noise level of my car for a day at Tremblant. I'd order a pair, but it seems like everyone who makes them has them on back order, and I need a pair in a few weeks time. Thanks in advance!
Old 07-29-2020, 08:28 PM
Mike K.
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Are you sure just the downturns are enough? Have you talked to any of the Rennsport guys? Maybe downturns with a Supertrap welded on them would be more flexible. Get extra long bolts and a double/triple pack of plates. Better safe then sorry. Federal Muffler(in Mtl) off the 520 should be able to help you if you have a bit of time on the way to the track . Give them a call.
Old 07-29-2020, 08:39 PM
Bud Fox
Burning Brakes

Received 238 Likes on 158 Posts

Try hot rod scotts
Old 07-29-2020, 09:29 PM
Neb
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 15 Posts

Soul Performance looks like they have it in stock.

https://soulpp.com/product/porsche-9...-exhaust-tips/
Old 07-30-2020, 12:49 AM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

Received 384 Likes on 237 Posts

Call Matt at GT custom in Pickering, he does beautiful custom work
Old 07-30-2020, 09:06 AM
Jet Jockey
Pro

Received 244 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by shizzle
Anyone know of a shop in the GTA that might be able to fabricate some turn down pipes for a GT3? I need to reduce the noise level of my car for a day at Tremblant. I'd order a pair, but it seems like everyone who makes them has them on back order, and I need a pair in a few weeks time. Thanks in advance!

If you are coming to Tremblant, better talk with guys that track their GT3s there. I suggest you post up on the PCA/Rennsport Facebook forum to get some info... They are extremely "annal" about the sound at Tremblant because of the ongoing court case. At 92.1 dB you are out, no questions! If it happens in the morning, you get one more chance to get a fix in to get the sound level down. If it happens again in the afternoon, you are out of the event. People have tried all kinds of solutions including very expensive exhaust systems and they are still getting black flagged. However some people seemed to have some solutions to the problem and this may include short shifting the cars. I cannot stress enough to people how restrictive the situation is now at Tremblant.

May I ask which event at Tremblant you are coming to?

Post up here to get some answers... I'm sure Bob, Chris or others will chime in...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PCA.Rennsport

Old 07-30-2020, 11:37 AM
928gt
Burning Brakes

Received 228 Likes on 147 Posts

Just in case you haven't seen it, there are a number of solutions in this thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...-gt3-rs-3.html. As per Bob's testing, wiring the valves shut with a piece of wire solves the problem without adverse effects.

Old 07-30-2020, 05:26 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

^ thanks everyone. I read about the wiring of the valves, but a few folks have talked about excessive heat build up which worries me a little (but that's my backup solution if nothing else pans out). Soul has a 6-8 week back order, I already checked. I'll call some of the shops recommended and see what comes of it.
Old 07-30-2020, 07:49 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Neb
Soul Performance looks like they have it in stock.

https://soulpp.com/product/porsche-9...-exhaust-tips/
That pricing is absurd even in USD.

Give Dylan at Bohica in Montreal a call. He's been working on a muffler muffler for GT3s etc 514 eight zero two 6205

Quick Reply: Turn Down Pipes