Notices

PTN After Dark at Porche Centre of North Toronto

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 03:48 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 390 Posts

#someguy: you need to run for politics or become a policeman. I was at the after dark and yes some people were standing too close to one another but most were social distancing. How do you know they don't live in the same household or bubble friends? this was far less breaking the rules than I see every day when out on a drive or go to baskin robbins etc. if you don't like it, stay home ( I do most of the time anyway). and if you see something in photos or real life, I suggest you bite your tongue as you will not change the city unless you become a cop or politician and they don't want police to enforce this anyway.
and insulting someone over the internet on a Porsche site for this is seriously pointless....carry on
I hope everybody has a great SAFE long weekend!
Old 07-28-2020, 04:29 PM
#1SomeGuy
Burning Brakes

Received 554 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by 997turbocab
You must be really bored staying home all the time... Why don't you come to a meet?

...NVM scratch that last thought lol

PS your post about only worrying about the pandemic affecting you comes off as very selfish. Everyone is doing whatever they want, It's only you that has the problem. If you stay home you don't have to worry about the pandemic affecting you.
You're wrong, the more people who are out and not staying safe, the longer I have to stay home and the more risk to my wife who is undergoing chemo right now every time she has to go to the hospital. The **** hits hard for some people and the selfishness displayed here is saddening.

Also, Turbodan - you don't need to be one of those two occupations to influence change. Politicians (are supposed to) work for us and listen to their constituents.

I'm a very much to each their own sort of person, as long as it doesn't negatively effect me...this pandemic has and continues to because people can't just stay home for a little bit longer. The cases are back on the rise and you see every day where a social gathering results in a lot of spread (media calls it super spreader but that's a little too sensationalized for me)...all it would have taken is one asymptomatic person at that meet and you could have a dozen people infected.

Maybe next time rather than parking and standing around with each other, go for a drive or at least keep distancing and require everyone to have masks (which is the stated requirement for outdoor gatherings still).
The following users liked this post:
928gt (07-28-2020)
Old 07-28-2020, 04:30 PM
ekam
Drifting

Received 507 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by 997turbocab
Damn it I've been stocking up on guns! So your telling me I've been doing it wrong the whole time?
Yes, because CHAZ was the perfect place in the world... a guns-free and police-free zone.

Old 07-28-2020, 05:07 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

man this really sucks reading all this above
The following 2 users liked this post by Zookie:
DG2018GTS (07-28-2020), wc11 (07-28-2020)
Old 07-28-2020, 05:39 PM
Nixin
Instructor

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by #1SomeGuy
You're wrong, the more people who are out and not staying safe, the longer I have to stay home and the more risk to my wife who is undergoing chemo right now every time she has to go to the hospital. The **** hits hard for some people and the selfishness displayed here is saddening.

Also, Turbodan - you don't need to be one of those two occupations to influence change. Politicians (are supposed to) work for us and listen to their constituents.

I'm a very much to each their own sort of person, as long as it doesn't negatively effect me...this pandemic has and continues to because people can't just stay home for a little bit longer. The cases are back on the rise and you see every day where a social gathering results in a lot of spread (media calls it super spreader but that's a little too sensationalized for me)...all it would have taken is one asymptomatic person at that meet and you could have a dozen people infected.

Maybe next time rather than parking and standing around with each other, go for a drive or at least keep distancing and require everyone to have masks (which is the stated requirement for outdoor gatherings still).
Enough already, honestly. I do not understand how or why you think it is alright to lecture anyone. We are all adults here. We can all make intelligent decisions for ourselves. We grew up without car safety seats, no bicycle helmets, played hockey on the pond until the clothes we were in were frozen to our bodIes and somehow by the grace of God, we all made it to here safely! Fine, we know you have an opinion, we read it in your multiple posts. However, please do not carry on shaking your head or finger at others that do not share your phobias.
The following 2 users liked this post by Nixin:
DG2018GTS (07-28-2020), wc11 (07-28-2020)
Old 07-28-2020, 06:03 PM
#1SomeGuy
Burning Brakes

Received 554 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by Nixin
Enough already, honestly. I do not understand how or why you think it is alright to lecture anyone. We are all adults here. We can all make intelligent decisions for ourselves. We grew up without car safety seats, no bicycle helmets, played hockey on the pond until the clothes we were in were frozen to our bodIes and somehow by the grace of God, we all made it to here safely! Fine, we know you have an opinion, we read it in your multiple posts. However, please do not carry on shaking your head or finger at others that do not share your phobias.
Are you f**king kidding me? Wow...
Old 07-28-2020, 06:16 PM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 651 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by ekam
Yes, because CHAZ was the perfect place in the world... a guns-free and police-free zone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYlb06pLBMc
I'd love to drop a MOAB on that place.
Nixin (07-28-2020)
Old 07-28-2020, 07:21 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by moab
I'd love to drop a MOAB on that place.
Can you spare another one for SOMEDUMBGUY
The following 2 users liked this post by TurboS:
Nixin (07-28-2020), wc11 (07-28-2020)
Old 07-28-2020, 07:37 PM
Nixin
Instructor

Originally Posted by #1SomeGuy
Are you f**king kidding me? Wow...
Must you use expletives in each post??? No, I am not kidding. If I were kidding, I would have told you to go put on a helmet, a body condom, rubber boots, latex gloves and a face mask. Then I would have ended it with an LOL! I humbly and kindly suggested that you stop with your self righteous and pathetic policing of other adults. Again, no LOL. If you are so afraid, go find yourself some hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin, barricade yourself in your dwellings and allow others to make conscientious choices for themselves. Again, no LOL! (and no expletives).
Old 07-28-2020, 08:46 PM
928gt
Burning Brakes

Received 228 Likes on 147 Posts

It is not only alright to lecture you, it is actually society's responsibility to point out that you are being an irresponsible and selfish idiot. You may be an adult, but you obviously cannot make an intelligent decision. In most civilized countries in Europe people like you face serious fines and three months in jail. Have you been living under a rock for the past seven months?
#1SomeGuy (07-28-2020)
Old 07-28-2020, 08:52 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 274 Likes on 183 Posts

Everybody just needs to be a bit more compassionate, and giving........
Old 07-28-2020, 08:54 PM
928gt
Burning Brakes

Must you use expletives in each post??? No, I am not kidding. If I were kidding, I would have told you to go put on a helmet, a body condom, rubber boots, latex gloves and a face mask. Then I would have ended it with an LOL! I humbly and kindly suggested that you stop with your self righteous and pathetic policing of other adults. Again, no LOL. If you are so afraid, go find yourself some hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin, barricade yourself in your dwellings and allow others to make conscientious choices for themselves. Again, no LOL! (and no expletives).
Remind me to make a conscientious choice to drive fast with my eyes closed when I am in the proximiity of your family and kids. If you are so afraid, feel free to keep them inside so they don't accidentally get run over.
#1SomeGuy (07-28-2020)
Old 07-28-2020, 08:57 PM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 651 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by 928gt
Remind me to make a conscientious choice to drive fast with my eyes closed when I am in the proximiity of your family and kids. If you are so afraid, feel free to keep them inside so they don't accidentally get run over.
wooohooo. I was waiting for you to pipe in. All the loonies are now here!
The following 2 users liked this post by moab:
Bud Fox (07-28-2020), Nixin (07-28-2020)
Old 07-28-2020, 09:01 PM
928gt
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by moab
wooohooo. I was waiting for you to pipe in. All the loonies are now here!
Yup - the only one you're missing is Bud Fox. Calling yourselves loonies though is really an insult to loonies - they are simply crazy through no fault of their own. You are actually vile.
Old 07-28-2020, 09:19 PM
Nixin
Instructor

Originally Posted by 928gt
You and your extremely paranoid buddy need some serious help. Seek assistance immediately for your generalized anxiety disorder. I refuse, at this point, to stoop to your level and call you any names. Your communist manifesto inspired rant is at best, farcical. To be clear, I did not attend the PTN event. However, unless the government absolutely forbids such events, I will not stand for anyone preventing me from making my own decision.

Quick Reply: PTN After Dark at Porche Centre of North Toronto